Daniel Joseph & Tommie Chase "Skyline Success": Two of the mighty Elite Assembly family take Hov's "Success" instrumental and just go bananas. This is taken from their mixtape-in-progress, The Skyline. I'm sorry but my peoples > your peoples. Just sayin'.
Archive for 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010
Blitz The Ambassador "Emmett (S)Till": Here's a cut from the one like Blitz, who has been on a serious tear as of late. BTA gives us the history lesson on Emmitt Till, which is one that many still forget, especially in these days where a BLCKPRSDNT draws out the racial undertones that are alive and well within these United States.
Shouts to Alex at Move Forward Music for this one; I was an asshole to him earlier, and I apologize.
Truth Universal ft. Evelyn "Superdome State of Mind": This cut is taken from Truth's Polygraph mixtape, which is due out Feb. 2010, to be followed up by the Guerrilla Business EP, which is slated for a Spring 2010 release. T.U. goes in for the N.O. on this one.
Wordsmith "Hook-Up Hotline" (prod. by Strada): I already dropped the video, but with the MP3 leaking today, I figured why not just marry the two. Words does his thing on this one (as per usual), but you gotta give it up to Strada for that club-bangin', commercial appealin' beat. This is a hot one!
General Larry Platt "Pants On The Ground (J. Slikk Remix)": Why yes, yes this is the best Larry Platt remix I've heard. I had a feeling one of my peoples was going to put this hilarity into proper context. Love how Slikk even drops the beat at key moments. I literally LOL'd on the busstop this morning listening to this. With so much pain going on right now, take a minute and 16 seconds and laugh a little.
previous General Larry Platt On The View
hasHBrown "The Popular Vote": HB goes for broke over Clipse's "Popular Demand" instrumental. While he's been working on his Break Something EP (March 2010), he's also been doing a bit of freestyling, and will be dropping Free (Verses, Priceless) Styles over the next few weeks. Watch out for the first single from Break Something, "Heaven", to drop on 2/8/2010.
01. Funtcase - So Vexed (SkisM ViP) - Circus Dub
02. Prime Cuts - Warning ft. Dynamite (Eddie K Remix) - D-Style
03. Flux Pavillion - Normalize - Circus Dub
04. Stripper - Stripper's Theme (Akira Kiteshi Remix) - Giant Pussy
05. Simian Mobile Disco - Cruel Intentions (Joker Remix) - Wichita
06. Doctor P - Sweet Shop - Circus
07. Noisses - Mr Buzzby - Dub
08. Matta - Hit The Switch - Dub
09. George Lenton - Cold Rocker - Wicky Lindows Dub
10. SkisM - Rise of the Idiots - Wicky Lindows
11. Ctrl Z vs. Freestylers - Ruffneck '09 (Excision & Datsik Remix)
12. Mistah Klevvah - Honky - Stretched Dub
13. Specimin A - Jaguar Paw - Dub
14. SkisM - The Blank - Wicky Lindows
15. Apex - Nowhere To Run (Excision & Datsik ViP Remix)
16. Matta - Vortex - Artz of War Dub
17. The Orb - Fluffy Little Clouds (Bootleg) - Boots
18. Funtcase & Datsik - Brock Out - Rottun Dub
19. Chase & Status - Bits - Dub
20. Kryptic Minds - 768 - Techtonic
21. Reso - Technetium - Dub
>> Foreign Beggars - Contact ft. Noisia - Dub
22. Foreign Beggars - No Holds Barred (Excision Remix) - Never Say Die
23. Pixel Fist - Get The Fuck Up! - Dub
24. George Lenton - Price - Wicky Lindows
25. Foreign Beggars - Get A Bit More (SkisM Remix) - Never Say Die
26. SkisM - Back Off - Wicky Lindows
27. Hadouken - Turn the Lights Out (JFB Remix) - Hadouken!
28. Excision & Datsik - Boom (SkisM Remix) - Rottun Dub
29. VENT - Flava - Dub
30. Losers - FLush ft. Riz MC & Envy (SkisM Remix) - Distiller
31. Affinity - Static (Reso Remix) - Never Say Die Dub
Jones AnDrews "Still Dreaming": First time I've heard dude, and I'm very impressed - dude can flow and has no problem going in about his thoughts, feelings and life. He took Lupe's "I'm Beaming" and made it his own. Be on the lookout for this NC's stock to rise in 2010.
Shouts to YNotMyDream.
New teaser for Deal - The Villain's EPic, which is being released on my digital imprint, RTD Records. Been a long time coming, and now we're just a few weeks away:
EPic is available 2/2/2010. Shouts to Lyriq for the video, which he edited. #2 drops next week!
related [RTD Interview]: Deal - The Villain
Big S.I.N. "Dolla Sign" (prod. by Whyz Ruler): Here's the first leak from S.I.N.'s International Champ album, which is set to drop March 2010. I never heard of him before, but Dean Smiff says Ruler is a Wu-affiliate, and the piano is this is kinda crazy. S.I.N. spits his signature raw.
Corey Black "Victory Lap" (prod. by Tech Supreme): Tef Poe passed me this crazy joint. That beat is so crazy, with the strings, and C. Black goes off. Goes. off. Word is Corey's Play It By Ear album is on the way, so be on the lookout for homey's shit.
previous Corey Black "Finger In My Nose"
Intuition "Al Bundy (Falside Remix)": We dropped the video for "Al Bundy" last month, and this remix is the icing on the cake. Intuition commented that it takes the song on a slightly darker turn, and I tend to agree - there's a lot going on with not a lot of elements. Girls Like Me drops Jan. 26th!
previous Intuition ft. Travis Brown "Future Ex-Wife"
Here's a wild mixtape from DJ JS-1, DJ Dutchmaster and the good folks at BallerStatus.com, with a nice mixture of Hip-Hop including Wordsmith, Add-2, Bekay, Clipse and more.
DOWNLOAD DJ JS-1 and DJ Dutchmaster - BallerStatus.com Mixtape
Yes, the sampler to SoulTrain Dancer: A Tribute To Rosie Perez dropped back in November, with word that this would drop on December 15th, 2009. And yes, that date's come and gone and hasn't dropped. It's been 4+ years, and I know the majority of it is DONE (I've heard snippets), but with LIFE going on, shit hasn't been 100% polished. Cy did hit me up and let me know that not only will an official "Dreamcatcher Revisited" single be coming (with some special remixes and such), they've done a new cover AND have a cut with Wordsmith on the horizon! More info on all of this when I get it...
Cy also let me know that the first single off of his Back 2 Lyfe album with Centric, "Special", is available NOW! Hit up the "Collection" section over at freeatlastmusic.com and grab the four-track single today.
Soon come, people, soon come.
The Spitzwell Brotherz "Do Some Dance": Word to the wise - if you're asking a grown as man to do more than a two-step with a smile, you asking too much. I used to be able to do the Running Man and shit, but stanky legs and all this other shit is too much for me. Shouts to Frankie Phresh for this one.
Duce "Nostalgia": Here's something a bit different from this cat named Duce, from his distantLand EP, which is brought to you by GetWellSoon & TheHipHopEffect. Something a bit different, almost surreal. Kind of reminds me of Drake, but a lil more stream-of-conscious-y, if that makes sense. Give it a spin.
Jaga Jazzist "One-Armed Bandit": Here's the title track from Jaga Jazzist's new album, which drops on January 25th. This is nothing short of intense - reminds me of the proto-rock experimentation of Tortoise, mashed up with a bunch of other headfuckery. Love the dips and dives this tune takes, so many movements and whatnot. Perfect fit for Ninja Tune, which might be one of the best labels on the planet, and is definitely an inspiration for how a nigga like me listens to music. Norway keeps it interesting.
Newsarama has a six-page preview on Merc With A Mouth #7, which drops this Wednesday (1/20/2010). I've been waiting for this next arc to commence, because of the multitude of Deadpools that are set to drop in this series. Should be a dope one!
Shouts to TDB.
They call J-Live the triple threat, because he's a skilled MC, producer and DJ. I remember he was on twitter talking about posting a new mixtape sometime soon, and a week later we get his new one, a dope mix of Hip-Hop from 2009 that he's feeling. Don't even sleep.
DOWNLOAD DJ J-Live Do The Knowledge Mixtape Vol. 1 (The Late Pass)
Joker 'Digidesign' (Hyperdub)
Dj Madd & Matt-u 'System' (Dubplate)
SP:MC 'Trust Nobody VIP' (Dubplate)
Khid 'Delete Them' (Dubplate)
Tes La Rok 'Tribal Ting' (Dubplate)
Pangaea 'Because Of You' (Dubplate) *forthcoming hessle*
Monkey 'Cygna' (Peskey plate)
Pangaea 'Why' (Dubplate) *forthcoming hessle*
Monkey 'Bubblin' (Dubplate)
SP:MC 'Cool Runnings' (Dubplate)
Tes La Rok 'Creation Dub' (Dubplate)
Tes La Rok 'It Feels Right (Dubplate)
Headhunter 'Experience' (Tempa Dubplate)
Tes La Rok 'Soundbwoy Murderation' (Dubplate)
Khid 'Snipah' (Dubplate)
Desto 'Dark Matter' (Dubplate) *Forthcoming Noppa*
Shouts to This Way Up.
Lil' Jon ft. LMFAO "Outta Your Mind": I'm not a big club-goer, and even when I'm in the club, I'm past the age where I'm really gettin' crunk. Even if I'm tipsy, you won't see khal in the club in 2010 going ham. If I did subscribe to that ethos, though, tracks like this would be my soundtrack. It's got a dope low-end, and the hybrid noodling is enough to really make a nigga do some wild shit, be it E or simple assault. I only know LMFAO from that "shots shots shot-shot" song, and I'm not really sure what their contribution to this is aside from some random whiteboy rapping (did I really need to hear beer pong in this?), but to each his own. Po' it up and get outta your mind!
In the blast I got for this track (sup Future Star?), they included this .zip, featuring different cities getting called out in it, including NY, Miami, Las Vegas, and shouts for the Dirty South, Mid West and West Coast. DJs, you know what to do.
It's not often that I've been interviewed about what I do here at RTD; honestly, I got interviewed for a magazine in Australia or New Zealand, but I never truly knew if it got posted b/c it's not available online, nor could I get a copy of the issue. But it happened. I know people support the things that go on over here. and to get asked by Kasey The Great to answer some questions regarding rock the dub is an honor. They've featured Vlad TV, All That's Fab, 2dopeboyz and a number of other spots that I consider my peers, so to be #6 in DigiWaxx's "It's A Bloggy Blog World" series is a great look. Check out the feature, find out a little more about me and again, thank you to anyone, be it an artist or reader or fellow blogger who's shouted me a word of praise, linked something on this blog or helped me with any projects I've worked on. It's always appreciated.
READ It's A Bloggy Blog World: Rockthedub.com
- Snoop Dogg ft. Jay-Z "I Wanna Rock (The Kings G-Mix)" [clean \ dirty] [via TSS]
- Wu-Tang Clan ft. Raekwon, Ghostface, Method Man & U-God "Clap 2010"
- Lil' Wayne "That's What Niggas Do"
- Drake "Zone" (prod. by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League) [Bonus Beats Drake "Successful (unreleased verse)"]
- Ludacris "O Let's Do It Freestyle"
- Jim Jones ft. Shooter Holly "Bust A Move"
- Consequence ft. Puff Daddy & The LOX "Whatever U Want (Bad Boy Remix)" [via Nah Right]
- Rihanna ft. Lil' Kim "Hard (Remix)"
- Kevin Rudolf ft. Birdman, Lil Wayne & Jay Sean "I Made It”
- Christina Milian ft. The-Dream "Welcome To Vegas" (prod. by Tricky Stewart & The-Dream)
- Ryan Leslie "Tonight" [Bonus Beats Ryan Leslie "Don't Leave"] [via OS]
- Gucci Mane ft. Trae "2 Seater" [Bonus Beats Gucci Mane ft. Shawty Lo, Yo Gotti, Waka Flocka Flame & Nicki Minaj "Mi Casa, Tu Casa" (via DGB)]
- Jean Grae ft. Styles P & Talib Kweli "Rock In The Pocket (radio rip)"
- Joe Budden "Keep On" (prod. by J Cardim) [Bonus Beats Joe Budden "RIP" (prod. by J Cardim)]
- Havoc ft. Cory Gunz & Nyce "That’s How You Feel (Remix)" [Bonus Beats Havoc "The Warm Up"]
- French Montana "Go Hard" (prod. by Harry Fraud)
- Boo Rossini ft. Lil' Wayne "Whip It Like A Slave"
- Young Chris "New Wu Freestyle"
- Statik Selektah ft. Lil’ Fame, Havoc & Kool G. Rap "Do It 2 Death"
- Big Noyd "Pokerface"
- Guilty Simpson "Before The Verdict" (prod. by Madlib)
- Rhymefest ft. Phonte "Say Wassup" [Bonus Beats Rhymefest "Talk My Shit" (via FSD)]
- B.o.B. "The Biz"
- Tanya Morgan "Make Believer" (prod. by SMKA)
- Cymarshall Law "No Sleep" (prod. by Mr. Joeker) [Bonus Beats Cymarshall Law ft. Skit Slam "Discrimination" (prod. by Mr. Joeker)]
- Mikkey Halsted ft. Twone Gabz "Bitch Niggaz"
- The Away Team ft. 9thMatic "Fire It Up" (prod. by Eric G)
- Pete Rock ft. E-Villz "Rapper's Jail"
- Spleen & DJ Habits ft. Redman "Best To Do It"
- Nico The Beast ft. Vixion "Make Believe" (prod. by Vanderslice)
- PackFM "Happy Days" (prod. by Tonedeff)
- Co$$ "This Time Now" (prod. by Numonics)
- STS "The One"
- Dollphace ft. E-40 "Damn Right"
- Dorrough "Number 23" [clean \ dirty]
- Square Off "I Wanna Rock" [Bonus Beats Square Off "In My System"]
- ROE "Mayor" [Bonus Beats ROE "Watch Me"]
- Cy Yung "CY to the RANO"
- Scanz "Peace"
- Junclassic "Testify" (prod. by Belief)
- Chaundon & Little Vic "Story To Tell" (prod. by Sickness) [clean \ dirty]
- Intuition ft. Travis Brown "Future Ex-Wife"
- Cause, The Kid Daytona & Chaundon "South Bronx (Remix)"
- Sean J "My World" (prod. by Soy Is Real)
- Epiphany "Pretty Memories" [Bonus Beats Epiphany "This Me"]
- Nel Motzy, Esq. "Exhibit Motzy"
- O. Smith "Payroll"
- Thad Reid "Time Management"
- MiLKMEN "Tha Realness" (prod. by Mistah Sandman) [Bonus Beats "Wake Up" \ "Crush"]
- Adela "Just Feel It" (prod. by Streetrunner)
- Stealth "The Jack Move (9th Wonder)"
- Hi-Tops "Get It In"
- Drake ft. Kanye West, Lil' Wayne & Eminem "Forever (Nero Remix)" [Bonus Beats Drake "Forever (Doctor Rosen Rosen Remix)" (via Pigeons & Planes)]
- Wax Motif "Freaker (Cousin Cole Remix)"
- Outkast "Bombs Over Baghdad (Stenchman's Cheeky Bums Over Bod Dad Refix)" [via Passion of the Weiss]
- Objektiv One "Hustlin’ (The Spoon Hustler Mash Up) (Rick Ross Vs. Spoon)" [via PIMB]
- DJ Cable Vs. Mark Pritchard & Dem Franchize Boys "Wind It Up & Lean Wit It"
- Lupe Fiasco "Paris, Tokyo (DJ Clart DnB Bootleg)" [mirror]
- Excess Bangers 59: The New 'Yaitus'
- DJ Fracture - Making Plans
- DJ Hipnotikk Dirty South Thugstep Vol. 1
- DJ Soul x Rap Radar No Idea's Original
- Hellz Yea! The New King Of New York Mixtape
- Jett I. Masstyr Megatron Remasstyrd
- Rapper Big Pooh & Black Milk The Purple Tape
- Hot 110 Podcast Vol. 2: DJ Cable
- BP & ODDS The Gradient
Here's some remedial ignorance for you Friday puff monsters:
Juicy J & Project Pat "Cali High"
Enjoy your weekend. Thx for all of your support.
Less that two months after the release of their album The Medium, BP & ODDS hit you with a free six-track EP, The Gradient, which is all inspired by Buttonpusha’s witnessing Aurora Borealis while living in Alaska. You might wanna light something and experience this one. Check out the trailer for The Gradient:
DOWNLOAD BP & ODDS The Gradient
Introduced you to Radio Ramone earlier this week, and his Refined Hype x Brick To Ya Face x MiUnEx-presented mixtape, Therapy Sessions, is available right now! Do yourself a favor and introduce yourselves to an artist you wouldn't normally check out. For me. Or because he's ill. Either or.
DOWNLOAD Radio Ramone Therapy Sessions
ROE "Mayor": Here's a leak from ROE's Just Listen Vol. 2, which will be dropping on RTD in the near future. I've been sitting on a few of these cuts for a minute - life's been putting shit on the wayside for no good reason. In any case, this mixtape is going to be the truth - if you're sleepin' on ROE's lyrical skill, you're losing. Squirrelhead ass niggas.
Bonus Beats ROE "Watch Me"
DJ Cable Vs. Mark Pritchard & Dem Franchize Boys "Wind It Up & Lean Wit It": This blend has been sitting on my harddrive for a bit, and has been featured in Fuck Thugstep, vol. 1 as well as Cable's mix for the Hot 110 podcast. Sick blend here, guaranteed dancefloor smothering when this one touches down. I know Cable has a lot going on this year, and blends like these are just a small taste. Keep it locked!
I call him a reject, but dude's a winner. 62 years young, looks like he still keeps in shape, and while its repetitive and hilarious, "Pants On The Ground" is a message that's been echoed for the last few years:
I smell a meme coming on.
EDIT I told you! PopEater has posted a bunch of the early remixes.
Cy Yung "CY to the RANO": Cy Yung has some new projects that he's working on under the title of The Gauntlet; his aim is to drop one per month this year, where he's redoing tracks from popular mixtapes and such. The first Gauntlet is entitled Cyrano presents This Time I've Gone Too Far - yes, Cyrano is going at Drake's So Far Gone. He sent me a few tracks, this one is over the "Ignorant Shit" instrumental, and he goes for broke, no hooks. When I get the OK on unleashing more, I got you.
previous Cyrano Presents The Formula 4 '09 Mixtape
Objektiv One "Hustlin' (The Spoon Hustler Mash Up)": Here's a fresh blend that Objektiv One cooked up, bonding Rick Ross' "Hustlin'" with Spoon's "The Way We Get By". Sounds like something I'd rock to on DJ Hero, nahmean? Really playful, and the piano in this is good wake-up music. Word is an EP of mash-ups is dropping from OB-1, so please believe we'll drop more info on this when it becomes available.
One of the legends in R&B, and one of Philly's finest, word of Teddy Pendergrass' passing hit the 'Net last night, with confirmation dropping today. Dude's pedigree is certified, with classics like "Love TKO" and "Turn Off The Lights" being staples to many baby-making sessions, and while his career was cut short with that awful car accident in 1982, his legacy lives on through artists like Jaheim and the blasphemous nicknames from T-Pain.
"Love TKO (Live)"
Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes ft. Teddy Pendergrass "I Miss You (Live)"
"Come Go With Me (Live)"
"Close The Door (Live)"
"When Somebody Loves You Back (Live)"
Rest in power, Teddy P.
Lupe Fiasco "Paris, Tokyo (DJ Clart DnB Bootleg)" [mirror]: Why no, I'm definitely not a fan of Lupe's, but I loved the beat on the original "Paris, Tokyo", and this Drum & Bass bootleg is new to me. Apparently Fabio picked up on this one, which makes perfect sense - its RIGHT up his alley, nahmean? Looks like Clart was lookin' for some kind of bootleg release that never materialized, so he let this one go. Enjoy.
Epiphany "Pretty Memories": Over one of my favorite Mary J. Blige tracks, Piph talks the positives and negatives of success. This will not be found on RESPECT Pt. 2 (Womens), but it should keep your belly full until that one drops on Jan. 27th.
Bonus Beats Epiphany "This Me"
Tanya Morgan "Make Believer" (prod. by SMKA): Atlanta's own SMKA has been making a lot of noise in 2009 (lemme rephrase - I personally heard a lot of dude's music in '09), and on 1/18/2010, he's dropping The 808 Experiment Vol. 2, which features a shitload of ATL talent. TM was personally selected to rock on this project by SMKA, and the results are ill. You check it out for yourself, yadig?
And as a bonus bonus, here's the tracklisting info for Donwill's Don Cusack In High Fidelity, which drops on March 23rd:
Shouts to Move Forward for all of the info.
previous Tanya Morgan 2010 Solo LP News
I was wondering if someone was going to post this:
Horrible singing butterface. I was wondering if her walk at the end was on purpose or just how she struts around. She's one of the chicks that personify that "I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave" line from "Bed Rock".
Jean Grae ft. Styles P & Talib Kweli "Rock In The Pocket (radio rip)": When I saw the title of this one, I KNEW they'd throw that sample in there. Jean, P and Kweli go in on this slice of throwback heaven. I love hearing great spitters beast classic sounds. This radip rip is taken from Tony Touch's Toca Tuesdays, bitch. Cake Or Death sounds like a problem.
Shouts to Alex C.
related Wyclef Leads Haiti Earthquake Relief
EDIT Do you want to donate? Here are a few easy ways to do it:
Text HAITI to 90999 to donate $10 (via Red Cross); text YELE to 501501 to donate $5 (via Yele). Here is a list of organizations who are providing relief (via Miss Info).
Trey Songz ft. Tek "Invented Sex (Benja Styles Remix)": The homey Benja Styles threw this my way, and I mess with the Al Green flip he used for the beat. Nice mixshow flip, especially with the verse from Tek! Word is this is featured on Big Mike's A Hustler's Dream mixtape, which is said to feature MORE remixes from Benja in this vein. Be on the lookout!
I had been waiting for this edition of the Hot One Ten podcast to be made available for download (although streaming is great, too). If you've frequented RTD for the last couple of years, you know DJ Cable is a force to be reckoned with. His mixing style is definitely a great example of "rockin' the dub", and he's a true tastemaker of future sound. This mix throws everything at you in 45 minutes, and it jams. Shouts to Hot110 for the shout out, too!
DOWNLOAD \ STREAM
02. Taz Buckfaster - Half Man Half Trout
03. P Money Feat. Little Dee & Blacks - I'm OGz
04. Joker - Ouput 1-2
05. Giggs Feat. Mike Skinner - Slow Songs (Marco Del Horno Remix)
06. Redlight - Be With You
07. Silencer - Dirtbag
08. Ludacris - How Low (Can You Go)
09. DJ Cable Vs. Mark Pritchard & Dem Franchise Boyz - Wind It Up & Lean Wit It
10. Gucci Mane Feat. Plies - Wasted
11. Young Money - Streets Is Watchin'
12. Reso - Hyperglide
13. Rustie - Keesha Resmak
14. Jantsen - Bangin Like Me Mashuur
15. Datsik - Southpaw
16. Foreign Baggars - Contact (Noisia Remix) + "Bonus Scratches"
17. Xample Feat. Jakes - No Respect
18. Total Science - Nosher (Marky & S.P.Y. Remix)
19. Tinie Tempah - Pass Out
Stealth "The Jack Move (9th Wonder)": The first edition flipped ALC beats, and now The Jack Move visits some sounds by one of the illest of the modern Hip-Hop era. Dude goes for broke - I don't know if he even took a breath LOL. Next up: DJ Premier!
Snoop Dogg ft. Jay-Z "I Wanna Rock (The Kings G-Mix)" [clean \ dirty]: I love how Hov flipped the Rob Base shit on his verse; I REALLY love how Snoop flipped that Rakim "Microphone Fiend" shit on his verse! I miss Hip-Hop like this - these two sound like they had a LOT of fun making this G-Mix for the Malice In Wonderland re-release. Plus, they educate some of the youngins who might not be up on those flows. Props all around. I do wonder if Snoop has another version, as he mentioned on Juan Epstein that he wanted Lil' Kim for the remix...
Shouts to TSS.
Thad Reid "Time Management": Thad flips one of my favorite instrumentals from BP3, and lets some ish off his chest... but leaves the names of the guilty out of it. I wonder if I could do a blog post like that? Probably not... ANYWAYS, I'm not sure if Thad has any new shit coming, project wise, but blast this and hope he does.
Chaundon & Little Vic "Story To Tell" (prod. by Sickness) [clean \ dirty]: Here's a leak from The BYOB EP from DJ Concept and DJ Mickey Knox, which is dropping very soon. The entire project is produced by Sickness, and will also be featuring cats like L.E.G.A.C.Y., Kaleber, Typ Ill and Illa Ghee. DJs, get on this one!
Intuition ft. Travis Brown "Future Ex-Wife": And the leaks just keep on flowin'; with two weeks to go before the release of Girls Like Me, Intuition sent out his mother's favorite track (and that's no diss, that's actual fact). Another winner IMO - his material is sounding better and better as time goes on!
previous Intuition ft. Raquel Rodriguez "Hold Your Breath"
The Escape Tape will be dropping right here on RTD on 1-25-2010.
previous O. Smith "High Resolution"
EDIT If you're in the DMV, the Escape Tape release party is on 1/30/2010 at the G2 Lounge. Hit this Facebook page for more details, or check out the flyer below:
Big Pooh on the mic, rapping over Black Milk beats culled from Prince-samples? This DJ Jaycee mixed-tape is just what I need. No Raekwons were harmed in the making of this tape.
01 When I’m Done
03 Impatient f. Ms. Cris
04 Put It In The Air f. Joe Scudda
05 Holding Back f. Erica Thompson
07 Camera Tricks f. Chaundon
08 Law & Order f. Jozeemo
10 Say Something f. DJ Flash
Shouts to TRU and 2DBz for the heads up/info.
We were introduced to Jett I. Masstyr last month, and it looks like homey has a new beat tape inspired by (and featuring) background music from the animated series Transformers, which I know any kid my age was engrossed in. This is brought to you by Hailmegatron.net, which makes tons of sense. Grab this tape and relive your past...
2. Mega on the Move
3. Energon Cube
4. Secret Weapon
5. Valiant Effort
7. Prime Time
8. Rock Disco
9. Fusion Cannon Blastin'
10. Omega Supreme
11. **Farewell Cybertron