Archive for 02/01/2010 - 03/01/2010
TreaZon & Numonics "Only The Beginning": Here's a fire track that's not featured on Numonics' Being Cool Doesn't Pay The Bills, although it could've been. TreaZon doesn't fuck around with this one - that 2nd verse is the epitome of "real talk". Love how Numonics flips that shit a few different ways. This one isn't leaving the Blackberry for a bit...
Mario Dones "Easy Street" (prod. by Lazy J): Damn, any friend of Kee & Zee's is a friend of mine, and this Lazy J- produced shit... wow. That beat? Too intense - right up my alley. I'll be rockin' to this one all Spring. Dones reps Pittsburgh, and is trying to get his shit heard outside of that city. Making excellent Hip-Hop like this is pretty much a given. Really visual with his words, flows really nice over this one, as well. I could listen to him going in like this all day. Enjoy.
TheThyrday ft. D. Goode "Escape" (prod. by Centric): The homey Centric sent over this track he produced for this North Carolina trio, taken from Centric's The Alter Ego project. I know I have MANY days where I'm trying to just leave. You can't - real men and women just can't do that - but that's what good art is for, no? Let those feeling out and/or just disappear in some deep sounds. Dig deep into this one, and know that we feel your pain.
Jay-Z & Ritchcraft ft. Sylvia "Never Change": Third official leak from Ritchcraft's The Big Band Blueprint, and this project has some serious legs. Love the samples he's throwing in here - really sounds like some of the shit I wish I could make. I swear, I have songs I keep locked, b/c I don't want someone to jack the idea that I wanna throw down someday. Just need, like, equipment and shit. And time. Lots of time. Anyways, The Big Band Blueprint should be out soon - he said late March/Early April, which could be any day next week lol.
The Union "Wow": It's funny how small of a world there is out there. My boy DJ Iron Mike and I were in the same 5th and 6th grade classes. Fun times - we actually tore that school apart LOL. Anyways, The Union is the third NJ Hip-Hop act who knows him who eventually found there way to knowing me in some capacity, and Boston's own The Union got it rockin'. Their new release, Breaking Even, is filled with working man's fun and fury thrown atop some excellent aural tapestries. It's just that quality shit that's birthed in the Golden Era and keeps that ethos alive in 20whenever. Dig into these, and if you feel them, grab Breaking Even.
Bonus Beats The Union "Breathe"
I hipped you guys to the situation with VH1 Soul possibly being lost due to the new Centric channel back in February. It looks like, thanks to the petition that was floating around, as well as blog posts around the 'Net, some headway is being made in saving the channel. Not a full "VH1 Soul won't be canceled" statement, but the belief is that we're being heard. Keep sending out positive vibes - hopefully this channel goes nowhere. Hell, I HAVE Centric, and it's almost as bad as TV One. If I want to hear MUSIC, or see dope music videos, I have VH1 Soul. The programming on Centric seems like BET with even LESS videos. Just sayin'.
- Method Man, Ghostface Killah & Raekwon "Gunshowers"
- The LOX "Slow Down Freestyle" [clean \ dirty] [via Nah Right]
- Styles P "The Street Life"
- Sheek Louch ft. Bully "Bring It Back DJ"
- Soulja Boy "Chick Magnet"
- Cam'ron "Sorry"
- Capone-N-Noreaga "Streets Got A New Face" (prod. by SPK) [clean \ dirty]
- Cassidy ft. John Legend "Searching" (prod. by Swizz Beats) [Bonus Beats Cassidy "All The Haze Burnt Up"]
- Lloyd Banks "Got Em Like"
- Jamie Foxx ft. Justin Timberlake & T.I. "Winner"
- T-Pain ft. Mack Maine & Snoop Dogg "Ghetto Commandments" (prod. by Tha Bizness)
- Maino "Retaliate"
- Joell Ortiz "Missing You"
- Rock of Heltah Skeltah "I’m Back Too"
- Rhymefest "Letter" (prod. by Animal House)
- Warren G "Do You Think About G" [clean \ dirty]
- 9thmatic & Khrysis "It’s On" (prod. by DJ Premier)
- Donwill ft. Mykestro & Bad Lucc "Pussy Rules The World" [Bonus Beats Donwill ft. Ragen Fykes, Che Grand & Ced Hughes "Good"]
- Wais P "Ain't A Problem" (prod. by Scram Jones)
- Diggy Simmons "Come To Rock"
- Shawn Chrystopher, El Prez & J the S "Shootin' Cops" (prod. by Numonics) [Bonus Beats Dre Biggity ft. Fashawn & Diz Gibran "Cops Ruin Everything Around Me (Numonics Version)"]
- Punchline "Set It Off" (prod. by The ARE)
- yU "On Ya Head"
- Eternia & MoSS ft. Joell Ortiz "Its Funny"
- Bad Seed ft. Talib Kweli & MIMS "Yankee Fitted" [clean \ dirty]
- Methuzulah ft. Dinco-D "Staff Style Stickfighting"
- Hollywood Floss "Mr. Big Stuff" (prod. by John Dew)
- Gerald Walker "Shhh. It's OK! You Have The Right To Hate" (prod. by Slot-A) [via YNotMyDream]
- Sean J ft. Jae Millz "Its Nothin' (FTG Version)" (prod. by Soy Is Real)
- Marky "Rasta Monsta"
- Fes Taylor "Shoot First, Ask Question Later"
- Loose Screwz ft. SAV "L.A. Times (S.T.L.A.)"
- Jonny Walker "All Gone" (prod. by seventymHz)
- B Magic & DJ DviousMindZ "D.R.E.A.M"
- BLCTXT "Contender" (prod. by King I Divine)
- Flamboyant Faculty "Change Me"
- DJ Fat Boy "Shorty Bad"
- M-Dot, Kore & Strick 9 "The Game's Been Twisted"
- Thad Reid "We Won't Stop" (prod. by Antagonist)
- Joker Starr "Exhibit D(iss)"
- St. Paul Slim "Wax Garlic"
- Lloyal ft. Natty MONSTAAA "Party Like A Homebody" (prod. by Beewirks)
- UllNevaNo "I'm The One That Said It"
- Junclassic "Real Raw 2" (prod. by Husky)
- Trends "Tell Her No"
- Sizzle "Wowserz"
- Paul Lowe ft. Chachi & FLY-C "Take You To Mars" (prod by. The TrackSlayerz)
- Dre Robinson ft. Amandi "Liquor Talk"
- TyPhilly "Go Freestyle"
- Gripz "My Darling"
- Dash Speaks "Tonight"
- Demic "Pay"
- DOX "Get Nice"
- Tudakay "The Church (Remix)"
- The Mecca Of Rhymes "Heaven With A Gun" (prod. by Big Soj) [Bonus Beats The Mecca Of Rhymes "Seven Rooms" (prod. by Equinox Productions)]
- Rusko "Da Cali Anthem"
- Andre3000 "Question Wait (The 2:15's Mix)"
- Little Jinder ft. Ras Kass "Youth Blood (12th Planet Remix)"
- DJ NoPhrillz Coast 2 Coast Power Hour
- Kemizt The Vigil
- Excess Bangers 61: No Saints Without Sins
- Sean J A Tree By Itself
- Jinesis My Thoughts Exactly
- Dubfreak Podcast #7
- Rusko Vs. Three Six Mafia
- St. Joe Louis Almost There EP
- DJ Shock, DJ Cable & DJ Code Blue Present Back To The Old School, Vol. 4
- FuseBox Radio Presents The Co-Op Mixtape
- Jus Like Music & Apple Juice Break present Oscillations Part 1
- Chief Stockton Mindsweeper (Hosted by DJ PMT)
- Son Raw vs. 5 O'Clock Shadowboxers - The Twilight Spoiler Mix
- Music You Didn't Know You Love, Vol. 1 (EP 4-7)
- City Slickers Hurry Up & Wait
- Flamboyant Faculty Class In Session
- Blech 20.1 by DJ Food
- Intuition I Ruined These Songs For You
- The Final Electro East (20/03/2010)
- Hood Star Radio Vol. 5 (Hosted & Mixed By DJ PMT)
- FuseBox Radio (Week Of March 24th, 2010)
- 6:47 Honesty
- Trek Life & J. Bizness Rhymes Within Reason
- Koyto Forth & Back
- DJ Booth & Dub MD Present Dominique Larue HerStory EP
- We Are Mixtapes Vol. 76
- DJ Supa Dave The Best Of Gang Starr
Hey, look! A new video from Duo Live!
Duo Live "Fully Aware"
I'm not feeling the fact that there's a chill in the air right now. Try to keep it chill this weekend. Thx for the continued support!
1. Young Hu$tle Intro
2. Young Hu$tle - Seen You All Before feat. Knoc'turnal (Exclusive)
3. Cassidy - Searching feat. John Legend
4. Brisco - On The Wall feat. Lil Wayne
5. D-Win - Picture Me Rollin' feat. Devin The Dude and Classic Micehal
6. K-Young - Love Drunk
7. Tha Dogg Pound - Keep On Ridin' feat. Snoop Dogg and Butch Cassidy
8. Jay Rock - Fa Sho feat. Freeway, Balance and Kendrick Lamar
9. Bow Wow - Roger That
10. Ja Rule - The Life
11. K-Young - Lay You Down
12. Masspike Miles - Over
13. Teairra Mari - O Let's Do It
14. Tha Dogg Pound - Stay'd Out All Nite Long feat. Uncle Reo
15. Charles Hamilton - Dueces
16. DJ Delz - Just Begun feat. Termanology
17. Freddie Gibbs - Ghetto
18. G Swiss - I'm Every Where
19. Kasuwell - Going Home (Exclusive Submission)
20. Teairra Mari - Daddy's Home
21. Stretch Money & Bizzy Bunz - Do It My Way
22. Nu Jerzey Devil - Over
23. Emakulit - Cappucino Love (Bonus)
24. Jay Star - Fuck Was You Doing (Coast2Coast Exclusive) (Bonus)
25. Germ Ghee - Blood Brotherz feat. Big Al (Bonus)
26. Young Hu$tle - Cap-N-Gown feat. Drew James (Exclusive)
M-Dot, Kore & Strick 9 "The Game's Been Twisted": Been a lil over a month since the last ThrowBack Thursday, but that's OK - we've got you covered with a cut from the EMS crew. Here's a 2006 track from an EMS trifecta, over a Fabolous instrumental. While you're digging this, you might as well grab Strick 9's Pick Ya Poison II, nahmean?
The mighty collaborative effort of Dub MD and DJ Booth present the Idasa Tariq-produced HerStory EP from the homegirl Dominique Larue. She's one of my favorite females pon de mic today, and Tariq's thrown some wicked beats to her, which she knocked out the park. Hit the jump for some info on the project, as well as download links and a full tracklist.
Shawn Chrystopher, El Prez & J the S "Shootin' Cops" (prod. by Numonics): Why yes, I definitely interviewed Numonics, and posted the interview earlier today. To cap off the press, he leaked this No DJ version from Being Cool Doesn't Pay The Bills, which drops next week, and is mixed by DJ RTC. I can't pay the bills, whether I'm cool or not. Need more side hustles. Or rich relatives.
Featuring Kev Choice and Tony Vic:
previous DJ D-Sharp ft. Kev Choice & Tony Vic "Definition Of A Star"
UllNevaNo "I'm The One That Said It": While he's still hard at work on The Color Brown, Ull wanted to send over this track he did to Senor Kaos' "Automatic Classic". He told me that Brown should be in my hands in the next month, so let this tide you over until the main course.
Here's a producer I'm just getting wind of. Koyto is from Spain, but he must be on someone's wish-list: on this album, he's got features from Zilla Rocca, Aloe Blacc, Foul Mouth Jerk, Monsta X, Braille, Declaime and Georgia Anne Muldrow. No, I'm not bullshitting. And the beats are dope. So dope that he released the instrumental versions as well! Hit the jump for the goods.
Keeping it real, Trek Life and J Bizness are two California artists that I've heard of, but not really had a chance to check out, mainly due my ignorance of their music. In my first listens to Rhymes Within Reason EP, I appreciate the Soul that emits through their work. You gotta love a couple of brothers who aren't afraid to express themselves over more organic beats, like "Clap". If you're up on these two, more power to you. If you guys aren't, I recommend giving it a listen.
Styles P "The Street Life": East Coast Radio sent this over with 0 information on its whereabouts. I'm assuming he has a mixtape and/or album dropping that this is a single for, but you know... well, you don't, because I don't. Nice piano-driven track to allow Styles Paniro expound on the only life some niggas know. You know how he does.
I love discovering artists while traveling through what can seem like the murky depths of my inbox. I first got in tune to 6:47 via "As The Disc Rotates", which I dropped back in February. The South Florida MC then dropped his video for "Pointless", softening you nigras up for the full mixtape, Honesty. He keeps it all the way real with his raps, and has his eye on the prize. I co-sign him off that, but when you dig deeper, and feel the real? There's no denying quality.
DOWNLOAD 6:47 Honesty [via Just Call me Six]
Method Man, Ghostface Killah & Raekwon "Gunshowers": I'm not sure how to feel about Wu Massacre. It's like 12/13 tracks, which includes five jawns that have already leaked, and 3 skits. Outside of the sequels ("Criminology 2.5" and "Mef Vs. Chef 2"), there's nothing that really killed me on first listen... except for this one. Bullets rain down in the intro, and Meth's first verse cracks me up ("I'm nice with mics, Cus D'Amato"). I say support the niggas, but I just wish I got more out of it than what feels like a glorified EP than a full-force LP...
EDIT Looks like Rae dropped a mixtape...
Jonny Walker "All Gone" (prod. by seventymHz): Walker's been working on his Chemical Food project for a minute, and a smart Hip-Hop lover would've heard this on Ashley Outrageous' The Playlist Vol. 1 compilation. Jonny worked with seventymHz on the majority of Chemical Food, and its a varied bag - from more laidback bangers like this to some serious social commentary.
Via Flawless Hustle.
Player (via Podomatic feed):
Backup Player (via Blip.TV feed):
Direct mp3 Download Backup (right click and "save as"; via Blip.TV)
This is the latest episode of the syndicated FuseBox Radio Broadcast with DJ Fusion & Jon Judah for the week of March 24, 2010 with some new and classic Hip-Hop & Soul Music, news and commentary.
This week's commentary this week focused on a range of things, touching base on topics such as the recent passing of the U.S. Health Care Reform Bill and it's pre- and post-fallout on both the political and societal ends (especially in regards to race), the Texas School Board's trying to change the textbooks to cover more "conservative values" (including things such as minimizing mentioning the effects of institutional racism, capitalism, etc. in the country and the world, talking about creationism and so forth) along with some other things here and there.
During this week's show, we had a great interview with one of the independent Hip-Hop's young MCs on the rise, New York City's own Ques (http://www.QuesFire.com & http://www.twitter.com/QuesFire).
Current FuseBox Radio Broadcast Radio & Internet Affiliates (as of this week):
UrbanNetwork.com's The Mix Internet Radio Station - UN Power Jam Radio (owned by Urban Network Magazine) OKRP.com, ReeWineMusic.com/ReeWine Radio, Progressive Blend Radio, Sprint Radio Extra/mSpot (via the Worldwide Alpha Communications Network), SouthBound.FM, DeadBeat Radio, CrackAudio.com, TheBestJams.com/The Best Jams Radio, Radio CPR 97.5 FM, FlyTunes.FM/FlyCast ,Planet Urban (Austrailia)/PlanetUrban.com.au, AmalgamDigital.com, BlockJams.com, ConspiracyUK.com , FONYE Radio , VI Radio , DurdeeSouthRadio.com , Beyond.FM , MyBlockRadio.net, Rutgers University Radio, WRSU 88.7 FM, Stop Beefin' Start Eatin' Radio, Ceesiety Radio, Mixshow Blast Radio, Slip-N-Slide DJs Podcast, The Best Jams, ExtravaGangsta Radio, HipHopSoulRadio.com , Digiwaxx Presents: The Blast , White Folks Get Crunk for DJs, Legion Music & Media, UnderWorldMixRadio.com, MixLaWax Radio, Trunk Hustlers Online, 907 Jamz. The6.FM, Nilo Radio, 1.FM Jamz, Blayze University Radio, Blip.TV, iBlog126.com, Miro, WSOUF.com, True Fire Radio, StreetsD.com (Streets Mos Magazine Radio), Rock The Dub, Last Word Online, Soul Pitch Hustle, Black Soul Rhythms, Honey Magazine, i95.FM, The PRess Junkie, Planet Ill, Ground Up Radio, BlackCoffeeChannel.com (Coming Soon), Gutta Muzik (HD) Radio (Coming Soon)
Subscribe to get the weekly episodes of the syndicated FuseBox Radio Broadcast with DJ Fusion & Jon Judah!
The fifth (and final) installment of Prelude To Deadpool Corps is out next week - this has been a hectic month for Deadpool. Newsarama has a preview on this final issue, which should give us a sense of what these five alternate-reality Deadpools are linking up for.
Deadpool Corps: Rank & Foul is out now, for all of you cats who aren't up on the varying characters in the DP Universe. Not sure why this came out - maybe some of them will play a part in the Deadpool Corps series (which starts April 7th)?
A fast friend, DJ PMT seems to be a workhorse, churnin' out multiple tapes at a time. Here's the latest edition of his Hood Star Radio series, with cuts from Glasses Malone, JT Tha Bigga Figga, Mack 10 and many more hoo-riders.
DOWNLOAD Hood Star Radio Vol. 5 (Hosted & Mixed By DJ PMT)
Numonics is one of those cats who I knew solely from the e-mail blasts he sent out. With me not knowing anyone from Adam, I figured he was just a dope publicist who always sends out hot music from emerging artists (AKA RTD's dream connect). Over the last year or so, I've started seeing his name attached to projects more as a producer... and his beats are GOOD! Nice ear for sampling, as well as sharp original beats, with some great features from the new breed. ANYWAYS, he has a new album dropping (Being Cool Doesn't Pay The Bills) on March 29th, which is sponsored by DJ Booth and IM King. We chatted about how he got to where he is, as well as thoughts on the forthcoming album and the REST of his projects. Hit the jump for the full interview, as well as info on how to win some DOPE gear from IM KING!
Andre3000 "Question Wait (The 2:15's Mix)": It's been a minute since the 2:15's hit RTD off with an exclusive mix, and from the slew of tunes they posted today... damn they've been going in. This remix was scheduled for a mixtape, but never dropped, so they unearthed this sub-cripplin' tune. Goddamn, I don't even know - they have bridged that abstract, bass-heavy sound with Hip-Hop just like I like it. Truly rockin' the dub. From the album-cuts I've heard, they've got it in the pocket. Keep it locked.
If you're not aware, BBC has shut down BBC Asian, which was the home of Nerm's "Electro East" radio program. I posted up my interview with Nerm about this situation, as well as his future (club residency, revamping of the Shiva Soundsystem imprint, etc.), but it also made sense for me to post the final Electro East program, you know? What's housed in this final mix runs the gamut of his influences - all forms of EDM, from all corners of the Earth. RIP Electro East, and thanks to Nerm for doing it his way. He's far from done, though! Hit the jump for the link and tracklist...
St. Paul Slim "Wax Garlic": I love when I'm immediately intrigued. I'm not sure who produced this track, but that sample they used is so fucking sick, love the way the track is constructed. Slim doesn't really attack with intricate flows and what not - he just kicks some true shit, speaking real matter of fact-ly. This is the first leak from his album, Bald-Headed Samsun, which is set to drop on May 1st. I hope he continues to wow me!
Photo by Lee Greenwich.
yU "On Ya Head": Diamond District's own yU has a new solo album dropping on April 13th entitled Before Taxes. Love that figurative and literal flavor. This leak is the bonus cut from the album, and it's the motherfucking bizness. Dude is a problem on the mic, really coming with some flavor in his flow, and this beat is just retarded. Proper screwface material.
Shouts to audible treats for this one.
The other day, I got a DM from MC Jermaine, asking if I'd be interested in judging a Hip-Hop Karaoke night. I jumped at the chance, just because I didn't think people thought of me in that light - someone who can judge on ANYTHING (although, I am a Libra, and we rep the Scales, so yeah)! Come to find out, my homegirl Eva from Trenton Downtown is also in on this, so that's homegrown right there. In any case, at The Recording Barn in Trenton on Friday, May 14th, FOR FREE, you can come see some local heads try their luck at MANY Hip-Hop tracks - from classics like Audio Two's "Top Billin'" to Biggie's "Juicy", with all kinds of tracks in between. Come out, enjoy what should be a fun night out in Trenton, and who knows, if you can find me and my elusive-ass, we'll chat it up a bit.
Full rules and entry can be found via Trenton Downtown; there is also a list of the songs you can perform, with full lyrics too! There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, with a special People's Choice prize. Should be a great night!
EDIT Just got word that the location of tomorrow's Hip Hop Karaoke event has moved venues due to the rain - it's now going down at Cafe International, 241 E. Front Street in Trenton. I wonder if they are still a free wi-fi spot?