It's going down tonight. Who you got? Hit the jump if you need a stream... Shouts to everyone who hit the site up last night to check out the fight; I've got the Pacquiao/Clottey snoozefest fight after the jump (well, WSHH only has it from Round 6 on - but nothing major happened, trust we).
Archive for 02/01/2010 - 03/01/2010
Via Mixed Messages: "My friends at Black Sheep Skate Shop in Charlotte asked me to make them a mix for their website. Two years ago. Whoops! What can I say, I got distracted. They didn't mind much, and neither do I, and neither should you, cuz it's a rad mix of funky rock and psychedelic soul that makes you want to strut confidently in rhythm to your local head shop and buy a blacklight poster and a feathered roach clip. I'm presuming it would be good to skateboard to, as well." Download/tracklist after the jump.
Noisia's the next crew to blow. I mean, they've already merked the underground fanboy DnB heads - anytime a single or remix is announced, they are salivating over the new stuff. With Split The Atom due out next month, and their "Machine Gun" single just dropping this week, it was inevitable that they'd hit the Essential Mix and rinse it to pieces. Hit the jump for the full tracklist and download link(s).
Lightning doesn't strike twice...
Donwill & Von Pea "Cheesesteak": I love how these niggas both have albums on the way, and are working on a new EP, The Sandwich Shop (because ho's gotta eat, too), which features 2/3 of Tanya Morgan going in over selections from the awesome Sandwiches FreEP from The Roots. The idea was already ill, but when I heard them go in over "Choir Fire", I was in heaven. I need this EP like two weeks ago! Expect this to drop after Don Cusack drops on the 23rd of March. BOOM!
MP3 via Meka.
- T.I. "I’m Back" (prod. by Trackslayerz)
- Method Man, Raekwon & Ghostface Killah ft. Trife Diesel, Sheek Louch & Bully "Youngstown Heist" (prod. by Scram Jones)
- Snoop Dogg ft. Nipsey Hussle & Kurupt "West Side Rollin’"
- David Banner ft. Big Remo "Strange" (prod. by 9th Wonder)
- Redman "Lookin’ Fly"
- Jim Jones ft. Gucci Mane & Sen “Haunting” [via Miss Info]
- Usher ft. T.I. "Guilty" [Bonus Beats Usher ft. will.i.am "OMG"]
- Mariah Carey ft. The-Dream & Ludacris "Ribbon (Remix)"
- J.Reneé "Train (Let It Rock)"
- Ayah “He Don’t Want It”
- DJ Unk "Futuristic Slide"
- Maino "Ga Ga Ga"
- Mysonne ft. Styles P "5 Star Generals"
- Travie McCoy ft. Bruno Mars "Billionaire"
- Uncle Murda "Over Freestyle"
- Tony Yayo ft. Uncle Murda "Murder (Remix)"
- Royce Da 5'9 "Over Freestyle"
- Diaz Bros. "I Told Y'all"
- Madlib "The Frontline (Liberation)" [Bonus Beats Madlib "African Voodoo Queen (Drama)"]
- DJ Delz ft. Sheist Bub, Dame Grease & Yukmouth "Kushi, Piff & Sour"
- Pill "Angels Freestyle"
- Freddie Gibbs “C.H.L. (Cops, Hoes & Labels)”
- 4-IZE ft. Ludacris & Bobby Valentino "First Time"
- Pugs Atomz ft. Simeon & Wes Restless "Off Switch" (prod. by KP)
- Alley Boy "Hear Me Then Freestyle" [clean \ dirty]
- Theo Martins ft. Big Pooh & Emilio Rojas "Veni Vidi Vici (Remix)"
- Faro "Short Message"
- Charlie Hustle ft. Max B & French Montana "Coke Mobb"
- Razah ft. Jim Jones "Keys To The City"
- Punchline "You're A Customer" [via MiUnEx]
- Freestyle, Wordsworth & M-Dot "Struggle" (prod. by Abnormal) [via 2DBz]
- Dre Robinson "Wah Do Dem" [clean \ dirty]
- 8thW1 "Am I Wrong"
- Cion Burris "I Need A Dollar Freestyle"
- Mic Wilson "It's Over"
- Big Kapitol "Let Me Talk To U"
- Kinetik & Mr Beatz "The Incredible" (prod. by J57, scratches by DJ Sosa)
- Gripz "Ruger, AK, Dezy"
- Reynos & Ted Smooth "Biggie City" [via GRANDGOOD]
- Frank B "The Other Side Of Brooklyn" (prod. by M-Phazes, cuts by DJ Dutchmaster)
- Small Eyez "SXSW It's Over Freestyle"
- Mally "On The Way Up" (prod. by Mydus)
- Diggy Simmons "Flow Stoopid"
- Whygee "Over Freestyle" [via @Whygeezy]
- Tha Future "Back2ThaFuture" [via BuckMarleyXXX]
- A.R.M. ft. Slug "Fear of The Mundane"
- Sene "Follow Leaders" (prod. by Tranzformer)
- Dula-Mite ft. Samson & Semi Duce "Untouchable" (prod. by Prophet)
- Big S.I.N. "Intercontinental Champ Intro"
- Dutch New York x Pistol Da One "Welcome To Stack Land"
- Seanie Mic "I'm On Chat Roulette (This Guy Has No Pants Now)"
- Lerix "This Is Me"
- J-Hood "Money Ova Here" (prod. by Dirty Dunnz)
- Nonsence "Run Away"
- Mega Trife & Nonsense "U Can Bet"
- Harley ft. Ms.Porsh "Up 2 No Good"
- Miles Jones ft. RaSoul "Trust Me"
- Ronny My "All Da Same"
- Ayatollah Jaxx ft. Dominique Larue, Jon Quest & Beedie "I Don't Wanna Know" (prod. by J. Fish)
- Flamboyant Faculty "Take This Cup"
- Darren Hanible "Under(rated)"
- Saddi Sundiata "No Matter What"
- Duane Banx "Jupiter" [Bonus Beats Duane Banx "So Fly"]
- Crookers ft. Pitbull "Natural Born Hustler" [via OnSMASH]
- Jay-Z & Ritchcraft "Song Cry"
- dBridge "Lost Shadow"
- Florence & The Machine "Dog Days Are Over (Breakage Remix)"
- Excess Bangers 60: Tsunami, Quake Or Blizzy
- HighbridNation.com & Reppghhiphop.com Present PghPA All City Bangers
- Strick 9 Pick Ya Poison 2
- DJ SussOne & DJ Santo The Notorious B.I.G. Vol. 1
- The Notorious B.I.G. Hot 97 Tribute Mix Tape
- DJ Spinbad - Notorious B.I.G. Tribute Mix
- DJ Babu's Toca Tuesdays Set (March 2010)
- DaVinci The Day The Turf Stood Still
- Mister Cee's Biggie Tribute Mix (3/09/2010)
- DJ Ambush & Curly Castro Present Phatman & Likkle Bwoy: Remix Edition
- Epiphany Respect Pt. 2 (Womens)
- J The S Wish You Were Here
- DJ Marky - Tranquera Promo (3/09/2010)
- T.Shirt & Darvin Silva Tan-Face Children EP
- FuseBox Radio (Week Of 3/10/2010)
- Tef Poe Money Never Sleeps
- DOA Mix: Breakage
- In The Ruff Instrumentals
And a video I missed this week:
J*DaVeY "Get Together"
Enjoy your weekend, and know that I appreciate your continued support.
Diamond District's In The Ruff was one of the illest Hip-Hop albums of 2009. Lyrically, it had punch, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I initially flocked to it for the beats. Now, Mello Music Group has unleashed this special trifecta of instrumental flavor. MCs, get on this one!
Duane Banx "Jupiter": Here's some new music for you fresh and fly teens out there. I'm super no frills, so I can't relate to this, but if you're a high school kid who is so fly you're on Jupiter, yeah this is up your alley. Pretty basic in terms of the beat - but for you cats out there "jerkin'", that's all you need, right? Want more from Banx? Hit up his MySpace and/or twitter.
Bonus Beats Duane Banx "So Fly" [EDIT I dig this one more of the two...]
Small Eyez "SXSW It's Over Freestyle": The homey Eyez dropped this freestyle to help promo his SXSW performance at SXSW Hip-Hop Howl on the 19th of March. Heads like 6th Sense, Kel Spencer, 8thW1, Wordspit, Mike Maven, Nola Darling, Outasight, Kosha Dillz, Homeboy Sandman, Fresh Daily and MANY more will also be there. Sounds like a blogger's dream.
JUST read Prelude To Deadpool Corps #2, which featured Kidpool, and now you've got to get ready for #3, which features Dogpool! Kind of interested on how they will be putting this one together. Hit up Newsarama for a preview. Shouts to TDB... again!
Feel like I'm doing one of these a week - usually more - but when Deadpool has a grip of ongoing series out, you can't help it. BCS has a seven-page preview of the next Merc With A Mouth issue, which hits stores on the 17th of March. Shouts to The Deadpool Bugle, as per usual.
Breakage - Posers (Digital Soundboy)
Code 3 - Response Call (Exit)
System - Near Miss (Digital Soundboy)
Marky & S.P.Y - Time Moves On (Digital Soundboy)
Breakage - Run 'Em Out (feat Roots Manuva) (Digital Soundboy)
Breakage - Old School Ting (Digital Soundboy)
Groove Armada - Paper Romance (Doorly Remix)
Breakage - Over feat Zarif (Digital Soundboy)
D1 - Pitcher (Dub Police)
Zinc - Killer Sound feat Nolay (Skream Remix) (Bingo)
Benga - Little Bits (Digital Soundboy)
Breakage - Speechless (feat Donae'o) (Digital Soundboy)
You already know that Trackstar and The Smoking Section cook crack in the form of solid Hip-Hop compilations together. Add STL rep Tef Poe to that mix? High power put Adina Howard to sleep. I been a fan of his for a minute, and I'm glad he's getting quality looks like this. Most of you pissboys out there will sleep on this, then come round about a year be like "oh dat nigga da troof", but just know, we been knew. The usual suspects (aka THE FORCE) make apparances, and its just that good. Drink a cup of joe and do some listening. Tracklist + link after the jump.
Player (via Podomatic feed):
Backup Player (via Blip.TV feed):
Direct mp3 Download Backup (right click and "save as"; via Blip.TV)
This is the latest episode of the syndicated FuseBox Radio Broadcast with DJ Fusion & Jon Judah for the week of March 10, 2010 with some new and classic Hip-Hop & Soul Music, news and commentary.
This week's commentary this week focused on a range of things, touching base on topics such as what (if anything) does the Oscar win for Mo'Nique for the movie Precious means for balanced images in Hollywood of Black Americans in the mainstream, the latest updates on Guru of Gang Starr's health situation (lots of updated information - good and bad - is on DJ Premier Blog), the passing of Ron Banks (the founder of the classic R&B Music Group, The Dramatics), remembering Christopher Wallace a.k.a The Notorious B.I.G.'s impact in Hip-Hop music in the past & what it should be currently and some other things here and there.
There are brand new episodes of the Black Agenda Report and Direct EFX segments included in this week's broadcast.
Feel free to check out some recent episodes of the syndicated FuseBox Radio Broadcast over at our official blog, BlackRadioIsBack.com - all of the shows are clean/radio friendly.
FuseBox Radio Playlist for the Week of March 10, 2010 (in no particular order)
Notorious B.I.G./Everyday Struggle/Bad Boy
Meth, Ghost & Rae feat. Alica Keys/Our Dreams (Ant Acid RMX)/White Label
VV Brown/Everybody/Island UK
Cubic Zirconia/Josephine (GreenMoney's Tracestep RMX)/White Label (http://www.CubicZirconiaMusic.com)
Heather B/The Game Don't Stop/White Label
Massive Attack feat. Horace Andy/Splitting The Atom/Virgin
Redman/Lookin' Fly/Gilla House
Ty feat. Sarina Leah & Shaun Escoffery/Emotions Akwasi's2000 Black RMX)/BBE )
Toni Braxton/Make My Heart/ToniBraxton.com
Gods'illa/Protect It (Roddyrod RMX)/Gods'illa Music
Allo Star/Let Me Take You Out/Signature Records
Apollo Heights/Winter In The Summertime/Manimal Vinyl Records
Raheem DeVaughn/Nobody Wins A War/368 Music Group & RCA
Ursula Rucker/Cypha/Five Six Media
Fonda Rae/Over Like A Fat Rat/White Label
Nottz/Shine So Brite/RawKoncept.com
Willie The Kid/Adult Swim/Aphilliates Music Group & Embassy Ent. (http://www.myspace.com/TheWillieTheKid)
InI Mighty Lockdown/Darling/Trus Fund Inc.
U-N-I feat. Miguel/Lately/Traffic Ent. Group
A-Alikes feat. Mos Def/Sirens/Guerrilla Nation (http://www.AAlikes.net)
E. Major feat. Hezekiah/Be Alright/USM & Pedex Baltimore
The Five One/Remind Me/One Vs. Many Compilation (DJ Hands) (http://www.DeuceDayWorld.com)
Freeway feat. Jake One/Follow My Moves (inst.)/Rhymesayers
PLUS Some Extra Special Hidden Tracks in the Jon Judah Master Mix w/ Old School Classics and more MySpace.com Independent Music Finds
Current FuseBox Radio Broadcast Radio & Internet Affiliates (as of this week):
UrbanNetwork.com's The Mix Internet Radio Station - UN Power Jam Radio (owned by Urban Network Magazine) OKRP.com, ReeWineMusic.com/ReeWine Radio, Progressive Blend Radio, Sprint Radio Extra/mSpot (via the Worldwide Alpha Communications Network), SouthBound.FM, DeadBeat Radio, CrackAudio.com, TheBestJams.com/The Best Jams Radio, Radio CPR 97.5 FM, FlyTunes.FM/FlyCast ,Planet Urban (Austrailia)/PlanetUrban.com.au, AmalgamDigital.com, BlockJams.com, ConspiracyUK.com , FONYE Radio , VI Radio , DurdeeSouthRadio.com , Beyond.FM , MyBlockRadio.net, Rutgers University Radio, WRSU 88.7 FM, Stop Beefin' Start Eatin' Radio, Ceesiety Radio, Mixshow Blast Radio, Slip-N-Slide DJs Podcast, The Best Jams, ExtravaGangsta Radio, HipHopSoulRadio.com , Digiwaxx Presents: The Blast , White Folks Get Crunk for DJs, Legion Music & Media, UnderWorldMixRadio.com, MixLaWax Radio, Trunk Hustlers Online, 907 Jamz. The6.FM, Nilo Radio, 1.FM Jamz, Blayze University Radio, Blip.TV, iBlog126.com, Miro, WSOUF.com, True Fire Radio, StreetsD.com (Streets Mos Magazine Radio), Rock The Dub, Last Word Online, Soul Pitch Hustle, Black Soul Rhythms, Honey Magazine, i95.FM, The PRess Junkie, Planet Ill, Ground Up Radio, BlackCoffeeChannel.com (Coming Soon), Gutta Muzik (HD) Radio (Coming Soon)
Subscribe to get the weekly episodes of the syndicated FuseBox Radio Broadcast with DJ Fusion & Jon Judah!
Hopefully the FrankenCastle-featured Deadpool Team-Up #894 is better than #895, which was cool but seemed like a nothing story. The same thing happened throughout. I've been following the FrankenCastle bits over in the Punisher series, so who knows if Deadpool will jump into their odd story. Marvel has four pages of preview art. Shouts to TDB.
Florence & The Machine "Dog Days Are Over (Breakage Remix)": Nice work, FACT. You've given me another reason to rejoice over the wonder that is Breakage. He might be one of my favorite producers right now; Foundation is the truth, and you'll find out more about the guy when I drop his Dogs On Acid Mix tomorrow! I'm actually happy with how it all came about, hopefully you will be, too.
BTW, this free download from FACT will only be available for seven days.
I dropped a cut from Jones Andrews back in January, and he just sent over a mixtape that prefaces his PreFace EP, which should be dropping in the next couple of months. If you're in the mood to hear someone pour out their thoughts onto varying beats, this is what you need. Music as escapism as therapy. Tracklist and download after the jump.
I don't have the balls to even try out Chat Roulette; Seanie Mic did, and wrote a song to it. Like to hear it? Here it go:
Bonus Beats Seanie Mic "I'm On Chat Roulette (This Guy Has No Pants Now)"
Dre Robinson "Wah Do Dem" [clean \ dirty]: Here's a new leak from the homey Dre Robinson, taken from his forthcoming Lost Treasure street album that's due out this Spring. Love the dancehall flavor on the hook, and Dre always sounds hungry whenever he touches the mic. Great track to get you hype in the A.M.; shouts to G Valentino for this one.
previous Dre Robinson "Stranded"
The homey Ian over at Different Kitchen shares a lot of my likes, musically, so when he goes out of his way to hit me up about something, I listen. In reading up on this Tan-Face Children EP from T.Shirt & Darvin Silva, I saw that Ian's down with a new conglomerate, The Connoisseurs of Culture, which is compromised of Different Kitchen, The Couch Sessions and Please Don't Stare. I like their ethos, and already fucked with their individual sites, so them coming together to big up progressive Hip-Hop? I'm down. Hit the jump for a lil' write-up on this project, as well as the download link and tracklist for an EP you need to get into...
01. Daft Punk - Daftendirekt
02. Incredible Bongo Band - Apache
03. Babe Ruth - The Mexican
04. The Winstons - Amen Brother
05. Photek - Ni Ten Ichi Ryu
06. Marcus Intalex - Steady
07. Breakage - Foundation
08. Commix - Justified (SpectraSoul Remix)
09. Claude von Stroke - Aundy (Marky & SPY Remix)
10. Zinc ft Ms Dynamite - Wile Out (Marky & SPY Crack N bass Remix)
11. Zinc ft Ms Dynamite - Wile Out
12. Instramental - Leave It All Behind
13. Joy Orbison - Hyph Mngo
14. 4 Hero - We Who Are Not As Others (Jazzanova Remix)
15. Bug Kann & Plastic Jam - Made In 2 Minutes (The Prodigy Remix)
16. Rufige Kru - Rollin Like Scottie
>>>TC - Where’s My Money (Caspa Remix)
17. David Holmes - My Mate Paul
>>>James Brown - The Funky Drummer
18. Roy Davis Jr - Gabriel (M-Beat Remix)
19. Commix & SP MC - Daggers
20. Subwave - Road Rage
21. Spy - Hot Spot
22. ? - Yellow Shoes
23. ? - Mystic Sunset
I thought this was dropping tomorrow for some reason. If it was, I'm glad we have great projects a day early. If not, I don't get a lot of rest lol. J The S has some big features on here, including Crooked I, Jadakss, Nipsey Hussle, Emilio Rojas and more. When IM King, 2 Dope Boyz and DJ Booth link up to sponsor, you know its something special. Enjoy. Hit the jump for full tracklist and download link.
Frank B "The Other Side Of Brooklyn" (prod. by M-Phazes, cuts by DJ Dutchmaster): So Frank B won Missy Elliot's Road To Stardom contest back in 2005 and Phazes won Sha Money's 2008 One Stop Producer's Conference. They took their winning sounds and joined in together for this mid-tempo ode to BKLYN, giving you a feeling of raw Hip-Hop. If you don't think your borough of Brooklyn gets repped enough, give this one a whirl. Shouts again to Coalmine.
Mally "On The Way Up" (prod. by Mydus): Mally's been working hard on his next project, The Quality Of Mind, and this is a taste of that work. Tracks like this are hard to come by - an MC who is actually appreciative enough of the accolades and acclaim that they dedicate an entire track to that? Classic. No release date on The Quality Of Mind, but whenever it does drop, it will definitely be one to grow on.
Mega Trife & Nonsense "U Can Bet": New leak from one of the more promising duos out. That syrupy smooth beat and Trife's bars are a great track to blast out of your whip on these sunny afternoons. Can't wait for Spring to be in full effect!
previous Mega Trife & Nonsense "M. TRIFE"
Ronny My "All Da Same": Here's an interesting cut that hit my inbox the other day. Ronny My reps Baton Rouge, and this track from his IV Da Homies mixtape expounds on the ladies out there who might disappoint a nigga for being clones of other chicks you might've seen and got disgusted with. I don't know if its his voice or the beat or what, but there's an animated quality to this that had me interested. If you feel this, grab that tape.
Flamboyant Faculty "Take This Cup": 2F's is a five man crew formed by Ka$ual. This track is an ode to house parties that I never really got involved with in high school, which is kind of crazy. I missed out on a lot of fuckery by being a solitary nerd in high school, but then again, if not for those missed drink-a-thons, I wouldn't be here with this blog, posting this track right now, yafeelme? 2F's mixtape, Class In Session, drops on March 22nd. Shouts to Coalmine for this one.
Jay-Z & Ritchcraft "Song Cry": I dropped a preview of Ritchcraft's The Big Band Blueprint, and finally got around to throwing this leak up. This project is a Jazz/Big Band reinterpretation of Hov's cuts; I always have a thing for Jay-Z remix projects, and I have a feeling this one will be interesting. Look for this one to drop soon (mid-March)...
I'd be playing myself if I didn't post a lil' something about Corey Haim, who passed away today at the age of 38, apparently of an accidental drug overdose. He'd been battling addiction for YEARS... but that's not this post. Let me tell you, you wanna talk about movies I watched in the '80s? Lucas? Lost Boys? Motherfucking License To Drive!??! Those are some classics in my book. I never got too deep into the Dream A Little Dream shit, but Haim and Corey Feldman were on point in their heyday. You ever seen Blown Away, with Nicole Eggert? Talk about horribly cheesy erotic thrillers... that's on the top of the pile. Damn... now I gotta watch License To Drive at some point. Rest in peace, Corey.
EDIT TMZ is reporting that the LAPD has opened a death investigation, calling it "possibly accidental". Odd fact: Rick James died in the same apartment complex in 2004.