Archive for 04/01/2010 - 05/01/2010
Jay Electronica ft. Diddy "The Ghost of Christopher Wallace (radio rip)": WOW. @EnigmatikBGDB had been telling me that @JayElectronica was planning on premiering something today. I wanted to get hyped, but I've always been skeptical of Jay, and with YN's last editorial about Jay still resonating in my psyche, I wasn't bugging out. Well, it looks like Rap Radar got to premiere this BANGER, which features something I didn't realize I missed - Diddy-libs! Very ill beat, very dope rhymes. From what YN says, though, it's unfinished, so we'll see how it is in its final incarnation. I can ride to this, though. Thanks, Elliott!
EDIT You can download the untagged version [big up BGDB], and be sure to check out Angela Yee's discussion with Jay Electronica.
EDIT Here's the re-mixed version, via @IAmDiddy. Bad Boy Records?
EDIT Here's the dirty radio edit (I.E. 3:12 minutes), via HHNM.
Psalm One "It's Worth It": Here's an ill cut from the 1st Lady of Rhymesayers, @PsalmOne. I randomly got the CD for Woman @ Work and was intrigued. I've been digging Eternia's word, and of course Jean Grae and my homegirl Dominique Larue are killin' it - good to see female MCs getting theirs without having to shake their ass - or show their ass! Mulatto Patriot handled beats for this project alongside Earmint and Ethan Stoller, and it's very light on features, so if you're asking "where's the ill females on the mic?", here's one you need to get to know!
K.Sparks & Frank Ramz "Good Mornin'" (prod. by Numonics): I guess ambition pays off: REUPSpot's Vick wanted to get Sparks & Ramz on a track together, and finally made it happen, with Numonics on the boards. I need some of my thoughts and wishes to formulate into real mediums like this.
Bonus Beats K.Sparks & Frank Ramz "Good Mornin' (Remix)"
Sene "TellMeBoutIt" (prod. by Thoughts For Food): Here's a cut Sene made that did not make it onto the recently-released Reality Bites; the homey @_J57 told me that this was made "during a two month period of sobriety upon Sene's return to Brooklyn, before inevitably falling back into a box of swishers". Speaks about how life's changed now that cats is older and gotta pay rent on their own. It's crazy - sounds like a conversation I'd have with some of my high school friends over a beer... or in a dutch session.
Here's a pretty dope mixtape of instrumentals from LA beatmaker @addifi. I like having shit play when I'm at work, or when I'm working on pieces, and beat tapes like this are so essential. Pretty short - under 19 minutes - but you can hear the quality in homey's beats.
Legit "Sociology": Here's a fresh cut from an inquisitive 18 year old from Chitown. I wish more cats in my hood would sound so intelligent about their hood using Hip-Hop. You know, you get e-mails from loads of artists, giving their accolades, and I try to ignore that and give my own opinion. I'll say this - I wanna hear more from this cat. He's ill. Smart motherfucker, talented individual. Need about 3 or 4 more of him, try and change this scene.
If you want more info/tracks from Legit, hit up YNotMyDream.
EDIT This is taken from Legit's Second Semester mixtape.
- Eminem "Not Afraid" (prod. by Boi-1da) [via Team Supreme] [Bonus Beats Eminem "Despicable Freestyle"]
- Drake "Find Your Love" (prod. by Kanye West) [via Nah Right]
- Game ft. Justin Timberlake & Pharrell "Ain't No Doubt About It" [via 2DBz]
- Jay Electronica ft. Diddy "The Ghost of Christopher Wallace"
- Nas & Damian Marley "Friends" [Bonus Beats Nas & Damian Marley ft. Lil' Wayne & Joss Stone "My Generation"]
- Cam’ron & Vado ft. Kid Cudi "Ur Killin’ Me" (prod. by The Alchemist)
- DJ Khaled ft. Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes, Diddy, Nicki Minaj, Fabolous, Jadakiss, Fat Joe, Swizz Beatz & T-Pain "All I Do Is Win (Remix)"
- Ice Cube "I Rep That West"
- Plies ft. Jeezy & Fabolous "Look Like"
- Jennifer Lopez "Radio" (prod. by David Guetta) [via OnSMASH]
- Maino “Survival of The Fittest” (prod. by Boi-1da)
- Fat Joe "I’m Ill Freestyle"
- Crooked I ft. Kat Stacks "I’m Single Freestyle"
- N.E.R.D. ft. Nelly Furtado "Hot N’ Fun"
- 8Ball & MJG ft. Slim Thug "Life Goes On" (prod. by Drumma Boy)
- 8Ball ft. Devius & Raekwon "Ice Cream (Remix)"
- J. Cole "Who Dat" (prod. by J. Cole & Elite)
- Guilty Simpson "Friends Only" (prod. by Madlib)
- Necro "Set It"
- yU ft. EyeQ "On The Corner (OG Remix)"
- L.E.G.A.C.Y. "By The Time I Get..." [Bonus Beats L.E.G.A.C.Y. ft. Edgar Allen Floe "2 Sided Coin (original)" (prod. by 9th Wonder)]
- Donwill & Von Pea ft. Jermiside "Syrup Sandwich"
- Jermiside & Danny Diggs ft. Von Pea "Didn't I Tell Ya"
- B Magic "Hello, Good Morning (Freestyle)"
- Hollywood Floss "Sparks When My Pen Starts"
- Wordsmith "Rock The Crowd" (prod. by Strada)
- Soul Khan "Soulstice"
- Wes Fif "Blue & White Ignite" (prod. by Lex Luger)
- Chance "Drugs, Sex & Money" (prod. by Vinny Buck)
- Lerix "The Premier"
- Marky "Full Clip"
- Everliven Sound ft. Lola Maxwell & RAtheMC "Mr. & Mrs. Right" (prod. by Mr. Joeker)
- Big Quarters "Hold Me Down" (prod. by Mux Mool)
- A.R.M. "Resist"
- Krukid "U.G. Chillin'"
- The Camp ft. Lou Armstrong "Yeah Yeah"
- Gerald Walker ft. Streetz 'N' Young Deuce "I Got Ya" [Via YNotMyDream]
- Whygee "RED (flashylights)"
- The Future (aka Intalek, A. Driver, Carnage45 & Thadd Williams) "Just Begun"
- Gripz "Journal" (prod. by Vherbal)
- Ms.Porsh ft. HahzyRu "Nobody Gotta Know"
- RayDawn The 86th "Fresher"
- Khizman "Back In The Mix" (prod. by Keelay)
- Knightstalker ft. St. Laz & Opium "Just Holla"
- Phred Diamond "Authentic" [Bonus Beats Phred Diamond "Orange Soda"]
- Mr. Upgrade "Hi-Light Reel" (prod. by Jett. I Masstyr)
- Franz Diego "I Wanna Rock"
- Random "Pain In My Heart" (prod. by EOM)
- Kardi "AIDS Patient"
- Evan Roberts "Over (Rock Remix)" (prod. by Starkiller)
- Cliff Po ft. Zyon The King "I Remember" (prod. by Narco Productionz)
- K.MC "The 1st Song" [Bonus Beats K.MC "Hold Ya Head"]
- Azage "Clouds"
- Sinistarr "Dill"
- Quadrant "My Beautiful Liar VIP"
- Ben Kama "Force Of Nature"
- Sub Focus ft. Coco "Splash (Rusko Remix)"
- Rusko ft. Amber Hoffman "Hold On (Sub Focus Remix)"
- Matty G "Cuttin' & Scratchin'"
- DJ Cable Vs. Joker & Ginz Vs. Three 6 Mafia "Stay Fly In Purple City"
- RTD Presents Redman
- DJ Premier's Guru Tribute Mix
- V/A Red Bull Big Tune National Finalist "Suite Sixteen"
- Take It Personal #29
- Funki Porcini On Album Mini-Mix
- Jay-Z & Ritchcraft The Big Band Blueprint
- Boom Shottas, Part 6
- Sene Reality Bites
- Grant Parks & CoalMine Music Present Net Weight
- Trackstar The DJ Boogie Bang 23
- MRK1 - April 2010 Promo Mix
- The Gent$ High Profile
- D.O.E. Boy Lo Horses & Hoes
- Schuman's National Underclassmen Presents: NUC You Know Vol. 1
- Craig Bass The Hip Hop Effect Vol. 2
- FuseBox Radio (Week Of 4/28/2010)
- YNotMyDream x REUPspot Present After This, Shut Up!
You know that Season 3 of The Boondocks premieres on Sunday, right?
Can't wait, nyukka! Have a good one!
The other day on twitter, I called Ant YNMD and Vick REUP "ambitious asses"; while it was in jest, hell, 40+ individual artists on one comp!?!? I've attempted that before - it can be tough! So I applaud my bredren for bringing us After This, Shutup!; I heard some of the jawns during their listening session last night, and this is quality, so do yourself a flavor and grab this one. Hit the jump for download and tracklist.
Player (via Podomatic feed):
Direct mp3 Download (right click and "save as")
Direct mp3 Download Backup (right click and "save as"; via Blip.TV)
Current FuseBox Radio Broadcast Radio & Internet Affiliates (as of this week):UrbanNetwork.com's The Mix Internet Radio Station - UN Power Jam Radio (owned by Urban Network Magazine) OKRP.com, ReeWineMusic.com/ReeWine Radio, Progressive Blend Radio, Sprint Radio Extra/mSpot (via the Worldwide Alpha Communications Network), SouthBound.FM, DeadBeat Radio, CrackAudio.com, TheBestJams.com/The Best Jams Radio, Radio CPR 97.5 FM, FlyTunes.FM/FlyCast ,Planet Urban (Austrailia)/PlanetUrban.com.au, AmalgamDigital.com, BlockJams.com, ConspiracyUK.com , FONYE Radio , VI Radio , DurdeeSouthRadio.com , Beyond.FM , MyBlockRadio.net, Rutgers University Radio, WRSU 88.7 FM, Stop Beefin' Start Eatin' Radio, Ceesiety Radio, Mixshow Blast Radio, Slip-N-Slide DJs Podcast, The Best Jams, ExtravaGangsta Radio, HipHopSoulRadio.com , Digiwaxx Presents: The Blast , White Folks Get Crunk for DJs, Legion Music & Media, UnderWorldMixRadio.com, MixLaWax Radio, Trunk Hustlers Online, 907 Jamz. The6.FM, Nilo Radio, 1.FM Jamz, Blayze University Radio, Blip.TV, iBlog126.com, Miro, WSOUF.com, True Fire Radio, StreetsD.com (Streets Mos Magazine Radio), Rock The Dub, Last Word Online, Soul Pitch Hustle, Black Soul Rhythms, Honey Magazine, i95.FM, The PRess Junkie, Planet Ill, Ground Up Radio, W.O.W. Radio, DIRadioCast, SWURV Radio, BlackCoffeeChannel.com (Coming Soon), Gutta Muzik (HD) Radio (Coming Soon)
Subscribe to get the weekly episodes of the syndicated FuseBox Radio Broadcast with DJ Fusion & Jon Judah!
Eminem "Not Afraid" (prod. by Boi-1da): Lyrically, this is the Em I like to hear. Introspective, without all of the weird voices and fart noises. He's at his best when he's examining his own self, and it takes a pretty bold person to admit that their last album was "eh". I could've done without the chorus that, while very catchy, is just not something I'm feeling - not really into Eminem "singing". Why do rappers have to sing? Rap and let someone else sort that out. And that third verse, with him talking about raising the roof and lifting the bar? Awesome.
CDQ via Team Supreme.
Also, Rap Radar has posted Eminen's interview with Angela Yee from this morning.
A.R.M. "Resist": Just like I told you the other day, Two Africans And A Jew, Vol. 1 drops on may 11th; limited physical copies will be available for pre-order on their new website (arm4arm.com) and at Soundfest 2010, with digital versions being sold as well. Enjoy this non-album freebie track for now, though.
Jennifer Lopez "Radio" (prod. by David Guetta): So J.Lo and her donk decided to remake Donna Summer's "On The Radio". Why? Because the shit J.Lo has been making hasn't been getting radio play. Why she felt the need to have Guetta produce this is beyond me - it's not far off from club fodder that other producer make on the regular. Outside of all of that, this might be the lane she needs to go in on, even though I can see a video for this being less about her dancing and more about her glammed up like a disco queen...
MP3 via OnSMASH.
Soul Khan "Soulstice": If you're not up on Soul Khan, whether its from the battle circuit or with his Brown Bag AllStar collective, know one thing: he's a beast. He's got an album coming this summer, and is attacking the blogs something serious. Take this opening salvo as an intro to homeboy's cipher. You won't be disappointed. Shouts to J57.
Mr. Upgrade "Hi-Light Reel" (prod. by Jett. I Masstyr): Another cat from "New Texas" flips a Jett. I beat and compares himself to one of my favorite basketball players going up (guess who). I love this emerging sound of more lyrical Hip-Hop coming from Tejas. Good to know that an area isn't defined by the more popular cats coming from there. Big up @MisterUpgrade.
Yesterday, two remixes dropped. I love when artists trade remixes for each other - it's like a mutual appreciation thing. What's ill about these is that both Sub Focus and Rusko are seen as the new-breed torchbearers for their respective scenes, but are also making strides outside of their genres into a more mainstream place. The only odd bit that Sub Focus actually comes with the dubstep remix, while Rusko's more club-happy funkery. Enjoy.
Game ft. Justin Timberlake & Pharrell "Ain't No Doubt About It": OK so Game's trying to buy a Billboard spot now, eh. This track would've been hot if it came out in 2002 and was on Justified. It's a really good as a Justin Timberlake song. Game on it? Why? Dude, you are not that "sexy" nigga that has mass appeal, stop it. You might be the bomb for those hoodrats, but please believe - this is NOT the look for you, buddy.
And since when was it OK for blue-eyed soul singers to be harmonizing your ad-libs? This just SCREAMS "turn me the fuck off/find a new single".
MP3 via 2DBz.
Drake "Find Your Love" (prod. by Kanye West): I kinda went ham on the tweets this morning, so if this is a rehash for some of your, I'm sorry. What in the Kraftwerk is going on here? I was hoping this wasn't gonna be 808s & Heartbreak Drake, but alas, I was wrong. And it's bad. @JSmooth995 was on the money with the Dwayne-esque "hey HEY hey" (shouts to @bdotTM for the Fat Albert reference), but I just don't know. I actually don't MIND the beat, but when those pianos and synths come in, I instantly cringe. It just SCREAMS "accept my weirdness with something you can latch onto". Drake's singing isn't my cup of tea - I wasn't a fan of So Far Gone because of it, and based on the steep decline in dope tracks that've leaked from Thank Me Later, I won't be thanking that nigga for shit.
MP3 via Nah Right.
Nas & Damian Marley "Friends": This is a lil' more roots-y, which is ill. The more I hear from the album, the more I want to do two things: own it all now, and, you know, get high. This is probably a good weed-smoking car-trip album. Glad it's living up to expectations.
Shouts to HHNM.
Bonus Beats Nas & Damian Marley ft. Lil' Wayne & Joss Stone "My Generation" [via Nah Right]
previous Nas & Damian Marley Distant Relatives Music Meeting (Pt. 3)
Business As Usual, Official Street Radio and some beautifully buxom thick-bottoms present another DJ NoPhrillz-mixed BANGER, this time from D.O.E. Boy. I'm not sure what Lo Horses are, but I think they have something to do with tankass. I dunno.
DOWNLOAD D.O.E. Boy Lo Horses & Hoes
Here's an ill mixtape from DJ NoPhrillz with a long ass title: Schuman's National Underclassmen Presents: NUC You Know! Vol 1 (The Get Your Game Right Twenty.10 Edition. This is sponsored by Official Street Radio and NationalUnderClassmen.com. Tape features heat from Fabolous, Tone Trump, J Cole, Wale and many more. Get your game right, bitch.
DOWNLOAD Schuman's National Underclassmen Presents: NUC You Know! Vol 1
DJ Booth's dropped the 12-track sophmore effort, High Profile, from The Gent$ (aka Pugs Atomz, Wes Restless and Ill Legit), and it's ill. I'm a sucker for niggas sticking to concepts, and throughout the leaks and promo for this project, they've done a great job of keeping the themes consistent. Hit the jump for the goods.
Jermiside & Danny Diggs ft. Von Pea "Didn't I Tell Ya": Dope leak from Jerm & Diggs' Middle Classic, which is dropping on HiPNOTT on May 25th. Refreshing shit to wake up and smirk at the doubters and naysayers. #Lessondary FTW.
previous Donwill & Von Pea ft. Jermiside "Syrup Sandwich"