Crew54's Channel 54: The Reality Show EP will be dropping on June 25th. Check out the single, "Moving Around":
Archive for 05/01/2010 - 06/01/2010
Keyel "Slowing Down": Here's an exclusive that Cleveland's own Keyel gave to Apple Juice Break for a mixtape, but ended up being posted on its own, and rightly so. Some lazy afternoon business here, trust and believe. Loving what Keyel have been doing, but you been knew that, right?
Topaz Jones "Light Up Freestyle": I try to tell you guys that Jersey stays active - especially the younger cats - and of course, on the release date of Thank Me Later, 17 year old @TopazJones hits me with a freestyle over "Light Up". Interesting cat right here, I'm not mad. Great introduction - hit me with the next track, Jones!
It’s time for another installment in the ‘DJ Fracture Presents’ series. This time it’s a sad one.
I recently split up with the most incredible girl i have ever found and to be honest, it’s left me feeling a bit hollow. So what better way to try and fill up on vibes again than by playing records!
If the girl in question is reading this, no hard feelings. That’s just life i guess. And to everyone else, here is a mix of songs that pretty much sums it up. Damn it’s hard!
Spotted over on TSS.
previous Tef Poe "War Machine"
previous Tef Poe ft. Kyjuan & Luey V "Showstealers (Remix)"
Drake ft. Jay-Z & Lil' Wayne "Light Up (Rikers Remix)": One of my favorites off of Thank Me Later (which is out today, but you should've known that), I had this playing on the way into work today. There'd been talk of Weezy having bars for this (I think he was supposed to be on this, too?), and it looks like he spit a 32 via telephone and it was affixed to the track. I still say Hov did the best out of all three - very sick verse from him, teacher to student status.
Via Nah Right by way of October's Very Own.
I posted the old version of this release earlier this year, and we got hype when we heard that the Rollin' Rockers signed with Ever Ready for the new and improved version of Bang!Bang!, which is available for pre-order right now. That pre-order's for the sick USB drive version of the album, which comes in a fresh pharmaceutical pill form - all in limited-edition colorways, exclusive mixes, videos, photos and other content! Get your order in now, as they start shipping June 16th.
But you may ask, what does this revamped version sound like? Well, I've been lucky to know Perpetuum and have heard the progression of the sound, and when I say that you should imagine P-Funk discovering dubstep, Electro and other genres and funking them out with a Hip-Hop appeal, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Tracks like "Litro", which now has a more upfront Drum & Bass edge to it, or "Thangz High", which ride that dubstep vein just the way I like it? Serious next-level shit. I always wish for more artists to take chances and really experiment - and you can tell that these Fresh Coasters are willing to twerk it, and get it. Just check out the Electro bouncefest of "Molly Ringwald", or the George Clinton 2410 head-nodder "Neon Lights"... man, I could go on and on. I hope to finally sort out an interview with these guys, going into all of this, but for the time being, check out the 8+ minute sampler for Bang!Bang!.
DOWNLOAD Rollin' Rockers Bang!Bang! Sampler
EDIT Here's the BTS for their "Molly Ringwald" video
Random & K-Murdock ft. Ilyas "Hero Muzik": Here's another leak from Mega Ran & Murdock's Forever Famicom project, which is all built on beats culled from video games; I-El joins in on this Zelda-sampling adventure. Love the thump on this one. I was playing Blaster Master the other day - love those 8-bit classics. This track is taken from the Forever Famicon Bonus Pak, which includes 14 instrumentals, three unreleased tracks and bonus beats (and is available for FREE if you cop Forever Famicom via Bandcamp).
Ran said that Ilyas has a new project with Cinci MC Juice Lee entitled Double Dragons that Ran is executive producing - of COURSE this is all about video games, too. Might have to cop those off of the Wii Shop, too!
Nucci Reyo "Flow My Love": Reyo is doing exactly what the title says - flowing his love, speaking on his heart, just getting some ish off his chest. Gotta appreciate when niggas speak their minds - too many cats keep that shit inside, fuck around catch heart attacks and shit over stress. Especially as Black men, we need to relieve as much stress as possible.
Sick new BASS PUNK mix from the one like DJ SOLO: "This is my new concept album/mixtape/EP "DJ SOLO - Hated In The Nation" which contains all original DJ SOLO bootlegs, re-edits, and remixes, along with 5 original rap tracks over dubstep, drum n bass, and hip-hop, and is "hosted" from beyond the grave by the most hated outlaw punk rocker himself...GG Allin!! The goal of this mix, other than to be fun and entertaining, is to draw a clear line in the sand between what used to be considered "dubstep" and the newer hardcore style that has now evolved into something that the original dubstep fans cannot identify with and for the most part, downright HATE. I want to open the doors for hardcore bass music of all genres including dubstep, DnB, electro, and Hip-Hop, to be united without it being subject to someone else's rules and standards. This ain't your father's dubstep...this is BASS PUNK!".
01. So Vexed (DJ SOLO Meth Lab Edit) - Funtcase x Crissy Criss
02. Ghost Train (feat. DJ SOLO) - Datsik (Mechano)
03. Inspector Toast Fucking Says Fuck You (DJ SOLO Edit) - Diesel x Lily Allen
04. Lounge Act 2.5 (DJ SOLO Bootleg) - Tek-One x Nirvana
05. Shuttin' Down The Sweet Shop (DJ SOLO Mega-Leg):
a) Sweet Box - DJ SOLO
b) Sweet Shop (Moskas Curved Remix)
c) Sweet Shop (Robzords & Damo Remix)
06. Drop It Like B-More Bam Bam (DJ SOLO Bootleg) - Snoop Dogg x DJ Fashen
07. Chicago Mobster Dance (feat. DJ SOLO) - Doctor P (Rasputin's Gold)
08. Love (That's What She Said feat. DJ SOLO) - Borgore
09. Starman (DJ SOLO Anunnaki Bootleg) - Tek-One x David Bowie
10. High Plains Drifter (Manson Family Remix feat. DJ SOLO x3) - Beastie Boys
11. Sandman Raving On Molly (DJ SOLO Bootleg) - Cookie Monsta x Metallica x Beastie Boys
12. Bass Punx! (feat. DJ SOLO) - Steppa & Kitcha (Let's Go Get Em)
13. My Story (Interlude feat. DJ SOLO) - Black Sabbath
14. I Used To Love Her (Fuck Hip-Hop feat. DJ SOLO) - Free The Robots (Orion's Belt Buckle)
15. Gold & A Pager (feat. DJ SOLO) - Cool Kids
16. Punk Rockers At The Circle K (DJ SOLO Bootleg)- Trolley Snatch x Iggy Pop
17. Forgot About Tainted Dreams (DJ SOLO Bootleg) - Chrispy x Soft Cell x Eurythmics x Eminem
18. Kiss Me I'm Polish (DJ SOLO Remix)- DJ SOLO x Eddie Blazonczyk
Tone Trump ft. Ceo Cue "B.M.F Freestyle (Philly G Mix)" [clean | dirty]: Hah a lot of people fuck with Rawse's "B.M.F.", and I'm glad some 215 boys took the opportunity to beast over this trunk rattler. If you're not up on what Trump does on the mic, consider this your grimey introduction. Enjoy that.
EDIT Added the video. Apparently Trump has a Kay Slay-hosted mixtape out July 4th.
Tef Poe "War Machine": Was just talking to Poebama via gChat as he's out in NYC making it happen, and he unleashes this cut over T.I.'s latest. And of course he got skraight disrespectful once he puts his gear on. Fuck your favorite rapper and the blogger who blogs about him. It's The Force, bitch.
Cook Classics ft. Avriel Epps "Bouncer": Been a minute since I've posted some RnB-ish fire on RTD, and this is a banger courtesy of Cook Class. Love the vintage video game bleeps paired up with that snappy Soul vibe. Homegirl is from LA and has a great voice... very grown-up, sexy. Final leak from Recharged, which you can grab via iTunes. Shouts to Tunji.
On July 13th, 6th Sense and Society will be dropping 6th's It's A 6th Sense Beat Yo!! Volume 2 w/ a limited edition run of CD and t-shirt packages. Word is these tracks will be flipped into superb visual experiences (aka dope ass videos) by some talented cats, so be on the lookout for those, too. Artwork by Black Marmalade. Hit the jump for the tracklist.
You should have seen the cuts from Dumhi that I've posted on RTD time and again. If not, you're deaf or dumb. Or blind. Super Hellen Keller status. Anywas, Dumhi's Haj has been hard at work at dumhi.com, optimizing it with interviews, news on their output, a store and other shit, like my new Monday Hate series. The first article was posted today, and deals with my thoughts/views on fuckers on twitter. Not everyone, but the assholes who can be dumb annoying with it. Check it out.
Elite Assembly "Elite Senario" [mirror]: HAH! So the story goes that NJ everyman Self asked EA to do a joint over some classic '90s appeal. What do they do? They take "Royal Rumble", one of my favs that they did, and threw that over ATCQ's "Scenario" - shit works super well, too. Loving this, matter of fact. Go grab Welcome To The Playoffs for more EA fury, bitch, and peep the original "Royal Rumble" via Deal - The Villain's DDi mixtape. BONG!
In support of this Thursday's show in Philly, Seuclasis' WHO RUN IT?! Podcast features an interview and freestyle from the don Elucid. Grip of sick beats too from the likes of Redlight, Starkey, BD1982, CapricornOne, Rude Kid and plenty more.
The ARE & Brokn.Englsh "This Way": I actually forgot that I got told that B.E and The ARE were going to be putting out a dope project; ever since I got put on to The ARE via Dem Damn Jacksons, I've been making sure to peep out his work, and you already know RTD are big supporters of the EA movement, so this project (TheAre & BE) is right up my alley. And it sounds just like it should - from those darting organs in the chorus to the sly bop during the hooks, this shit knocks and is a perfect Spring/Summer flex.
With the MiLKMEN dropping their Served With Milk & Honey mixtape next week (via datpiff.com), and Dutch New York dropping his Katrina Flood mixtape soon, I got two new tracks from these cats in my inbox this morn. Flippin' styles and keeping it NY:
During Fabio's most recent show on BBC Radio 1, a couple of fresh DnB bootlegs were played... check 'em out!
B.o.B. "Nothin' On You (DnB Bootleg)" [radip rip]
Nothing too crazy here, some solid Amens in here, which kind of punch up the feel of the original. Fabio said he can't reveal who did this, b/c "a few mans would be in trouble" haha. Atlantic FTL.
Jay-Z "Star Is Born (DnB Bootleg)" [radio rip]
Had no idea this one existed - love the bassline in this one. Netsky dropped this one in the mix - wouldn't be surprised if High Contrast knocked this one out, as he's already done two Kanye West bootlegs, you feel me? This one works very well!
Legit ft. Eli "Handz Up" (prod. by Best Kept Secret): Here's another crowd-pleaser from Legit's forthcoming mixtape, which is now appropriately titled The Post Graduation Tape. That beat has some throwback appeal, shit - the whole track is geared to get a crowd hype, whether it's a chantable chorus or those slick lyricals. Dude is truly impressive.
previous Legit ft. U.G. "Valedictorian"
- Big Boi "General Patton"
- The Roots ft. John Legend "The Fire"
- Eminem, Royce Da 5′9″ & Mr. Porter "Westwood Freestyle"
- Drake "Tim Westwood Freestyle"
- Raekwon "Super High Freestyle" [Bonus Beats Ill Bill ft. Raekwon "Thousands To M's"]
- Raekwon, Eyes Low, Bad Luck, Cappadonna & Method Man "Made Men" (prod. by DJ Mathematics) [Bonus Beats Eyes Low "If You Were Mines" (prod. by DJ Mathematics)]
- Capone-N-Noreaga ft. Rick Ross, Triple C's, Sho & Imam T.H.U.G. "CCC Vs. CNN" (prod. by Hazardis Soundz) [clean | dirty] [Bonus Beats Capone-N-Noreaga ft. The LOX "Bodega Stories"]
- Young Jeezy ft. Clipse "Ill’in"
- Three 6 Mafia ft. Project Pat & Billy Wes "Keep My Name Out Yo Mouth" [clean | dirty]
- Chamillionaire ft. Lloyd & Twista "Make A Movie"
- Jim Jones ft. Sen City "More Than A Hustler (Find Your Love Freestyle)"
- M.I.A. ft. Jay-Z "XXXO (Remix)"
- Ciara ft. Andre 3000 & Bei Maejor "Ride (Remix)"
- Ne-Yo "Champagne Life"
- DJ Self ft. Maino & Vado "Lose My Mind Freestyle"
- Joell Ortiz "Angel Dust Freestyle" [Bonus Beats Joell Ortiz "Drunk"]
- Flo-Rida "Club Can't Handle Me" (prod. by David Guetta)
- Ying Yang Twins "Make 'Em Holla"
- Nipsey Hussle ft. Lloyd "Feeling Myself" (prod. by 1500 Or Nothin’)
- Greg Nice "This That Shit" (prod. by DJ Serafin)
- Iron Solomon ft. DMC "Sucker MC’s" [Bonus Beats Iron Solomon "King"]
- Reef The Lost Cauze "My Style's Greater" (prod. by Haj)
- Killah Priest "Shadows"
- Eternia & MoSS ft. Tiye Phoenix & Jean Grae "The BBQ (Remix)"
- J. Cardim ft. Joe Budden, Emilio Rojas & Chief C "Unstoppable"
- Emilio Rojas "Who Dat Freestyle"
- Big Sean "High Rise" (prod. by Don Cannon)
- Skyzoo "It Ain’t Hard To Tell Freestyle"
- The Kid Daytona ft. Tiara Wells "Contemplation" (prod. by 6th Sense)
- Daniel Joseph "Sound The Alarm" [Bonus Beats Daniel Joseph "Take It There"]
- Elite Assembly "The Wimbly"
- Tef Poe ft. Kyjuan & Luey V "Showstealers (Remix)"
- Family Affair "Sunshine"
- Wordsmith "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong"
- Y.E.S. ft. Res & Talib Kweli "Say You Will (Remix)"
- Boaz ft. Peedi Crakk & The G.O.V. "Back Block"
- Armond "Illuminati"
- Marky "Rocket Man" (prod. by MadMan)
- TDome ft. Von Pea "Another Workday 2: OT" (prod. by Huck B)
- Dre Robinson "The Reason (Greg's Fault)" (prod. by Nelly ProToolz)
- Money First ft. Genrokka & Kilogram "Gettin' Money"
- Neako "Chief Rocka 2010" (prod. by K-Def)
- Nucci Reyo "The Eagle" (prod. by Fresh Airez & Jag)
- Diggy Simmons ft. Bei Maejor "Great Expectations" (prod. by Black The Beast)
- The Spitzwell Brotherz ft. Ced Hughes "I'm Gone"
- KingPen Slim "Gone" (prod. by DJ JButtah)
- Singapore Kane "Get Fresh Specialist" (prod. by Purpose)
- Esohel "Against All Odds" (prod. by Serious)
- Dutch New York "Can't Hide" (prod. by Dash)
- Sene "The Hype" (prod. by Tranzformer)
- Scripts "I'm Ill"
- MONSTALUNG "Fresh Like Dougie"
- Chopp Devize ft. Canibus & Rock "Face The Music"
- Smoke DZA ft. Terri Walker & Den10 "Sounds Of The Indo" (prod. by Ski Beatz)
- Amor Jones "Not Afraid"
- DJ Concept & Dj Mickey Knox ft. Illa Ghee & Big Noyd "Hardbody (DJ Skizz Remix)"
- Sic Osyrus ft. Mysonne "Good Evenin'" (prod. by Rhythm J)
- Dane aka The Beautiful Monster "Sloppy Jalopy" [Bonus Beats Dane aka The Beautiful Monster "The Anesthetic"]
- Freed Slave "Prince"
- 60 Sec Assassin "No Face"
- Ms.Porsh ft. Sunny & Drake "Light Up"
- Atari Blitzkrieg "No More Noize"
- Tru Fam ft. Qua "Lollipop Girl"
- No Doz ft. Moe Pope & Reks "Handcuffs" (prod. by D Money)
- B Magic & Dj DviousMindZ "Knock Me Down"
- Cliff Po "Deadly Force" (prod. by Chemist)
- Mark Hardy "Lyrical Apology"
- .miDDLecLassmen CanteensForFloodgates
- DJ Speedy The Spirit Of Chicago Volume 1
- Fade to Blonde: A Summer Mix (mixed by Zilla Rocca)
- DJ Cable Podcast (May 2010)
- DU2010 (mixed by Trackstar the DJ)
- Lloyal Lloyalmania
- Juan Epstein (6/10/2010)
- Bloggerhouse Presents The Best Of May
- The Mad Bloggers Weekly Podcast, EP11
- FuseBox Radio (Week Of 6/09/2010)
And here's some new newness from everyone's favorite gremlin...
Gucci Mane "Everybody Looking"
Whether you're checking the World Cup or you're just maxing, enjoy your weekend. And thanks for the continued support - more to come!
Damn; my wife told me last night that the Old Barracks, a state and national landmark, will be closed on June 30th, 2010, due to our glorious Gov. Christie's plan to cut overall spending. Now, I'm all for eliminating waste - but let's go to where the money is being wasted most. How much is Christie doling out for those skyboxes he made sure he kept? Surely those aren't as important as one of the remaining Barracks in the country!
Raekwon "Super High Freestyle": When I hear Rawse over beats like this, they never sound right. Chef jumps on this, and those Blaxploitation dreams (and nightmares) feel like they are right in a nigga face. Rae needs to flip more tracks like this, seriously. Shouts to Alex at Killer Beez for this one.
Bonus Beats Ill Bill ft. Raekwon "Thousands To M's" [via OnSMASH]
Daniel Joseph "Sound The Alarm": What happens when Espee finds a grip of Black Milk instrumentals? He goes ape shit. I think he forgot that he was gonna sort one of these to me for this Pro-Jersey mixtape I'm slowly working on, but that's OK. Maybe I can use that forgetfulness to make him do something new for me? Haha let's go!
Pic via VICER.
Bonus Beats Daniel Joseph "Take It There"
Elite Assembly "The Wimbly": Back in April, EA put out their Welcome To The Playoffs mixtape, which I imagine a number of you nuccas slept on for whatever reason. Jersey stays active, and this track (which features St. Joe Louis, Daniel Joseph, Deal - The Villain and Khi Khobane) is proof positive. You fuck with this? Grab that Welcome To The Playoffs, you dig me?
Here's the Bloggerhouse crews' latest mixtape, giving you the best of May 2010. This was mixed by Eric BH and mastered by St. Mic. Artists on this include cats like Nottz, Leonard Dstroy, Oddisee, Flying Lotus, Kev Brown, Apollo Brown and many other quality cats. You sleep on this and you're sleeping on real spit, and real beats.
Rosenberg posted this new episode of Juan Epstein with actor/comedian Bill Burr. I remember him from his bits on Chappelle's Show, and I think he is on some network TV show currently, but I rarely watch TV anymore. I did catch up on The Office via Netflix and justin.tv. iFail.
DOWNLOAD Juan Epstein (6/10/2010)
Money First ft. Genrokka & Kilogram "Gettin' Money": I'm sorry, this cut is kind of mean right now. Trenton in the house as the Money First unit drops this fresh cut on you. If you want to live that "Lamborghini Lifestyle", you need to get that loot, so of course MF has to devote a track to this. Yes, that History Channel shit is real - trust and believe. Get yours.
Dre Robinson "The Reason (Greg's Fault)" (prod by Nelly ProToolz): Hah, the homey @GValentinoBall fucked around and told @DreRob to (his words) "quit playing around and rap"... Dre did just that and emerged with this heatrock. Cotdamn - Dre - QUIT PLAYING AROUND AND RAP! PLEASE!
Nucci Reyo "The Eagle" (prod. by Fresh Airez & Jag): Nucci is going kind of deep with this one - "One thing I think is vital in these days is that the preacher's not preach a gospel to the people that talks about life being so perfect and well with Jesus Christ as though there will be no trials and tribulations. As Christians, we go through things but the difference is that God is with us when we go through things. A terrible analogy would suggest that God is like an umbrella and the rain is inevitable, but either you are prepared with an umbrella or you aren't". Deep, especially in these trying times.
previous Nucci Reyo ft. A-Natural "Anywhere But Bed"