Bonus Beats Suave The Ape "Classic As If"
Archive for 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009
Bonus Beats Suave The Ape "Classic As If"
In their first release since their 2005 LP Something From Nothing, the Dirt Merchants murder every beat that comes their way on their new mixtape, Show Me The Way, without over-staying their welcome. The tape clocks in around 20 minutes, but their bars are packed. Some of that real Hip-Hop for you freaks out there.
01. The Intro
02. Show Me The Way
03. American Born
04. Dirt Season
05. Dope Style Takers
06. Northern Cali 2
07. Prime Time
08. Ladies & Gentleman
09. Some Other Shit
10. 7 Days A Week
Shouts to Brandon for the heads up!
The Kid Daytona ft. Tiara Wiles "The Minimum" (prod. by 6th Sense): Here's a new joint from Daytona, which should be dropping on Come Fly With Me, which will drop in April. You should also be on the lookout for Tiara Wiles' This Is Tiara mixtape, which will be dropping exclusively on Flawless Hustle on March 2nd, 2009.
More info on this show here. Should be a hot one.
Cam'ron has a new album (Crime Pays) coming? Cam knows about working a regular job? Who knows, but here's his new single:
Truth be told, I been feeling the same way, but what the fuck can you do? And I also find it odd that 50 has gone so hard at Rick Ross, and Cam randomly shows up?
Shouts to Enigmatik for the heads up.
Yep, that's Rick Ross' baby mom. Officer Ross FTL:
If you're new to this, MTV has the rundown.
EDIT Nah Right has rips from Hot 97, with 50 speaking to Funkmaster Flex, as well as Miss Info dropping a piece of a rant from Rick Ross. This shit is comedy.
previous 50 Cent "Officer Ricky (Go Ahead Try Me)"
Raekwon ft. Ghostface Killah & Method Man "Wu Ooh": I posted the radio rip of this then-untitled joint on BGDB the other day, and the home Alex at Killer Beez hooked the CDQ version up. Boy am I ready for OB4CL2 or WHAT?!?!?
previous Raekwon ft. Ghostface Killah "Criminology 2"
Here's the new, Hot Rod-hosted mixtape from G-Unit and Gallic Wars, featuring a heavy dose of that G-Unit fury. With 50 going off on Rick Ross, Weezy, Khaled and others, you might wanna keep your eyes on these niggas...
1. Intro - Hot Rod
2. Officer Ricky (Rick Ross Diss) - 50 Cent
3. Crack A Bottle - Eminem, Dr Dre. & 50 Cent
4. Be That Way Sometimes - Lloyd Banks
5. Whateva I Like - Hot Rod
6. Pop That Thang - Tony Yayo
7. Play This On The Radio - 50 Cent
8. Do It For This Block - Lloyd Banks
9. Interlude - Hot Rod
10. Gallic Wars Freestyle - Hot Rod
11. I Get It In - 50 Cent
12. My Brothers Keeper - Lloyd Banks
13. What's It Gonna Be - Fresh As Tommi (F.A.T)
14. In God We Trust - 50 Cent
15. Gallic Wars Freestyle II - Hot Rod ft Papoose
16. Don't Come Around - Lloyd Banks
17. Get Up Remix - 50 Cent ft Rico Paysos
18. Get Back - Hot Rod
19. Good Company - Lloyd Banks
20. N*igga I'll Hurt You - 50 Cent
21. Go Hard - Stones
22. Bump My Sh*t - Hot Rod (Prod. by Polow Da Don)
23. (Featured Beat) "Buzzer Shot" Produced by Andrew U The Perfectionist (www.myspace.com/andrewutheperfectionist)
24. Reparations - Freeway & Lloyd Banks
25. A Good Look - DNA
26. Shut Your Bloodclot Mouth - 50 Cent
27. Party & Bullshit - Lloyd Banks
28. Heartless Monster - 50 Cent
29. Rider Pt 3 - Poni & 50 Cent
30. Interlude - Sha Money XL
31. Red Bandana - Riz
32. Mind On Murder - Lloyd Banks
33. Outro - Hot Rod
You know you wanna...
I hit you guys with the first mixtape, as well as dropped "Streets" last week, now Dub MD hits us with the next installment of Illmind's Blaps, Rhymes & Life mixtape series. For free!
01.) Mic Legacy - Larry Davis (Produced by Illmind)
02.) D-Black - Hold Up (Gangsta Shit) (Produced by Illmind)
03.) 50 Cent - Who Run It (feat. Eminem, Cashis & Lloyd Banks) (Produced by Illmind)
04.) Heltah Skeltah - So Damn Tuff (feat. Buckshot & Ruste Juxx) (Produced by Illmind)
05.) Scarface - It's Not A Game (Produced by Illmind)
06.) Thoth - MA To The West (feat. Oh No) (Produced by Illmind)
07.) Naps N Dreds - Bully! (feat. Kool G Rap) (Produced by Illmind)
08.) Diamond D - Don't Beg (Produced by Illmind)
09.) Pumpkinhead - Of The Same Air (feat. Talib Kweli) (Produced by Illmind)
10.) Fortilive - Trunk Pop Music (Produced by Illmind)
11.) Project Heights - Champion (feat. Rakaa Iriscience & Noelle Scaggs) (Produced by Illmind)
12.) Sleek - Hi New Orleans (Produced by Illmind)
13.) Che Grand - Streets (Produced by Illmind)
14.) Starrs & Murph - Damn (Produced by Illmind)
15.) Bambu - Quit (Produced by Illmind)
16.) Above Ave - Root Of All Evil (Wake Up) (Produced by Illmind)
17.) Grynch - A Dream Undeferred (Produced by Illmind)
18.) Kingdom (The Movement) (Swaggerboy, Kilo & Problem Child) - Heartache (Produced by Illmind)
19.) Naturel - Love To The World (Produced by Illmind)
20.) Blitzkrieg (Bee Lavish, Quayluds, D-Minus & Contra) - Ruling Elite (Produced by Illmind)
21.) Megaciph - War (Produced by Illmind)
22.) Mister RP - Diamonds Aren't Enough (Produced By Illmind)
So firey, trust.
CNN is reporting that Michael Phelps is sorry for his "bad judgement" in being caught taking a few bong rips last year. What I'm saying is, while it was probably a bad idea, this nigga has how many gold medals? Especially in a year where the US was fucking up all over... a nigga can't get his puff on? In these economic times, if you are in the situation where you can celebrate, especially when you've rep'd our country to the fullest, go ahead and take a full pulls. Take one for me, Mike.
I'm just wondering who the first MC to be "on that Michael Phelps" will be...
Shouts to Paradox for hooking me up with a massive, two-hour podcast with a host of forthcoming album cuts across the Paradox Music/Esoteric/Outsider camps, including some world-exclusive cuts.
01. Nucleus & Paradox "Esoterica" (Esoteric Dub)
02. Alaska & Paradox "Zion" (Isolationist LP)
03. Alaska & Paradox "Jerico" (Isolationist LP)
04. Nucleus & Paradox "LSD Jazz" (Esoteric 11)
05. Alaska & Paradox "Vigilante" (Isolationist LP)
06. Alaska & Nucleus "Ataciara" (Arctic Dub)
07. Seba & Kirsty Hawkshaw "Devotion" (Seba Dub)
08. Nebula "Ice Sculptures" (Age Of Outsiders Vol. 2)
09. DJ Trax "Pandora's Box" (Audio Buffet)
10. Insight "Final Version" (Age Of Outsiders Vol. 2)
11. Solar "Exploration" (Age Of Outsiders Vol. 2)
12. Gremlinz & Rumble "Jaro 88" (Outsider Dub)
13. Infest "A Day In Pictures" (Age Of Outsiders Vol. 2)
14. DJ Emery "Breathe Out" (Age Of Outsiders Vol. 2)
15. Nucleus & Paradox "Rocksteady" (Esoteric 11)
16. Alaska & Paradox "Abysm" (Isolationist LP)
That true to life drumfunkery all throughout this one.
OK, so until Juan Epstein comes correct with a new episode, Take It Personal is thee Hip-Hop podcast to roll with. Danyelliott has just posted episode 5, which I will partake in once I put lil' man to sleep. Here's the description:
Usually we record on Saturday, but this time we did it on Friday, at the end of a long work week. So: Elliott is manic, Danyel is kinda tired and no we’re not OT at this year’s Super Bowl—which was the reason we taped on Friday night in the first place. Topics? Grammy nominations. The bloody battle for Internet Domination. The boss Rick Ross’ homage to Special Ed’s magnificence. Oh and Elliott’s ability to treat strippers and go-go dancers like the dainty debutantes they really are. See ya at Grammy’s. We promise!
DOWNLOAD: mediafire / sharebee
Wow; I just posted about the NYC Twestival earlier today, and I guess the organizer of the original LDNtwestival, Renate, somehow happened upon RTD today, and I get an e-mail from her, describing another project she has going on: Twestival.fm. On February 12th, various Twestivals worldwide will be going down, and leading up to this, Twestival.fm has plans to raise an additional $20,000. How? With your music!
Well, sort of. Twestival.fm is asking that artists, musicians and labels that use Twitter contribute music to this project. Twestival.fm and SoundCloud are linking up on this; starting on February 5th, a SoundCloud-powered player will allow heads to stream the donated tracks, through February 19th (they are also powering the dropbox for this organization). In the vein of Radiohead's "pay-what-you wish" effort, anyone wishing to download an unlimited number of the tracks will be asked to donate funds Twestival.fm (via TipJoy). As with anything else involved with the Twestivals, all donations will be given to charity:water. Any interested artists/musicians/labels, hit this post for more details.
For anyone with questions or wanting to get more info, hit up Renate via e-mail or on Twitter.
Kid Cudi vs. Crookers "Day N Nite (TC Remix)": This is the DnB remix of the Crooker's remix of Kid Cudi's "Day N Nite", which is getting some burn months after the blogs picked up on it. I love how TC threw in elements of his "Where's My Money" with the Kid Cudi "hold the phone" lyric. I also believe this is getting hella burn in the DnB circuit, but the rest of the CD Maxi Single is all Club ish, for good or ill.
Twestivals are a cool idea. Heads on Twitter, for some reason, like to meet and greet off the PC. On February 12th, 2009, 175+ cities around the US are going to be holding "Twestivals", which will be evenings to give you joy as well as raise awareness for charity:water. Now, these are 100% volunteer organized events, and 100% of the proceeds go to charity:water, so really, what more can you ask for?
NYC's Twestival is a go, and is only $20 for a great night out, for a great cause - they are working on something they call "20/20 vision", where you cop a ticket for $20, and raise $20 for charity:water. Even in these recession-racked times, that's pretty cheap for a great cause; also offered are $100 VIP seats, which include table seating and complimentary champagne. This event will be going down at M:2 (fka Mansion/Crobar). They also announced yesterday that their headlining act are none other than Eclectic Method, who are hot on the heels of their recent performance at NYC WTF.
Check out what the New York Daily News had to say about NYC Twestival. You can follow their progress via Twitter, and cop your tickets now! Shouts to the homegirl Netta for the heads up!
Lil' Jon ft. Three 6 Mafia vs. Coki "Act A Fool (DJ Nappy THUGSTEP Refix)": For those who don't know, this refix right here is not only the perfect definition of THUGSTEP, but its also the first refix that Nappy did. As the story goes, Nappy honestly wasn't feeling Dubstep. I would send him tracks all the time, as well as acapellas, but it just wasn't his bag. I think I sent him the "Act A Fool" acapella a few weeks before I sent him Coki's "Shattered", which I was digging at the moment because I was 1) truly discovering Dubstep and 2) kind of drunk. Surprisingly, he heard something in this cut and made this amazing refix. This was featured in one of the THUGSTEP packs he sent out back in 2007, but I wanted to throw something up that was high energy, something I would want playing if I was coming out of the locker room about to play in the biggest football game of the year. Or what I'd like to drop as the first track while celebrating my win! Bang this one, loud, preferably after a few shots of that Patron...
Money First ft. Uncle Murda "Rap Juggernauts": Last night, I posted a video of the homey Boom Blake going in on a certain MC who wasn't wearing his affiliation to Trenton like he should. I extended the hand, and what do I get in the e-mail? A banger from Money First with the nigga Uncle Murda. Wow. Trenton, stand up for this one. Strictly for the hardcore Timberland boot wearing niggas. Hopefully we get more heat from these cats in the near future...
Bonus Beats Money First ft. Fred The Godson "Soul Of A Hustler"
WhyGee "ChumpSin Pink": Here's the title track from a forthcoming DVD that WhyGee has coming. WhyGee is one of the Colorado cats that Kid Hum has put me onto (Sunken State is another one), and he will be featured on the Offshore Drilling compilation. The homey RM threw this up on FH, and included the "ChumpSin Pink" video:
I'll do one better and flip this video of a recent WhyGee performance:
Lil' Mama "Diva": Damn. So I got the blast for this track, and figured that Lil' Mama was going onto some instrumental murder, ala her "A Milli" freestyle, and was set to massacre Beyonce's "Diva". Nope, she's on some Electro-Pop smooth shit here. I think fans of this style or fans of her will be into this. Reminds me of something Rihanna would fuck with. What do you think?
1) Adele f/ 6th Sense: Chasing Grammys (6th Sense Remix)
2) Coldplay f/ Jay-Z: Take The Hill (Terry Urban/nVMe Remix)
3) MIA f/ Nas: Paper Planes (Terry Urban Remix)
4) Lil Wayne f/ Kanye West: Lollipop (Kickdrums Remix)
5) Adele: Cold Shoulder (Mick Boogie/Garbs Remix)
6) Radiohead f/ Lupe: Reckon A Superstar (Remot/Mick Boogie Remix)
7) Kenna f/ Kanye West & Lupe: Say Goodbye To Sky (Terry Urban Mix)
8) Jonas Brothers: Love Bug (Mick Boogie/Garbs Remix)
9) Kanye West f/ MIA: Swagger Like Paper (Mick Boogie Remix)
10) Coldplay f/ Lil Wayne: Viva La Milli (Terry Urban Remix)
11) Katy Perry: I Kissed A Girl (Excel Remix)
12) John Mayer f/ Jay-Z: Say (Terry Urban/Judah Remix)
13) Brazilian Girls: Last Call (Discopusher Remix)
14) Lupe Fiasco f/ Sara Bareilles: I Got A Love Song (Remot Remix)
15) Kanye West f/ Big Sean: Good Morning (Kickdrums Remix)
16) Adele: Make You Feel My Love (Mick Boogie/Remot Remix)
17) Coldplay f/ Jay-Z: Lost Part 2 (Mick Boogie Remix)
Blast this one LOUD.
EDIT New download link.
Bill Withers - Hope She’ll Be Happier
The Ordells - Sippin’ a Cup of Coffee
William Bell - Everybody Loves A Winner
Sam Cooke - Trouble Blues
Sleepy Brown - Curse On You
Demarco - Fallen Soldier (DJ Eleven remix)
Ann Peebles - Trouble Heartaches & Sadness
Ying Yang Twins - Wind
The Notorious BIG - Suicidal Thoughts
Tom Jones - Motherless Child
The Clash - Straight To Hell
Lost Boyz - Renee
Marvin Gaye - I Wish It Would Rain
Mayer Hawthorne - Just Ain’t Gonna Work Out
J-Boogie’s Dubtronic Science feat. Zumbi - For Your Love
Bobby Womack - Nobody Wants You When You’re Down And Out (Nobody’s Safe Chump)
Bill Withers - Better Off Dead
The Smiths - Death Of A Disco Dancer
Kanye West - Coldest Winter
Al Green - Strong As Death (Sweet As Love)
Isley Brothers - Ain’t I Been Good to You Pt. 2
UGK - One Day
I finally got the chance to rap with one of my favorite Drum & Bass producers of all time, A-Sides, about his use of Scratch Live in his sets for a new Dogs On Acid/Serato Mix Series. Check out the in-depth feature, and enjoy the exclusive mix he threw down in Scratch Live...
01. A-Sides & Makoto "Spacetrain"
02. A-Sides "Imagination VIP"
03. A-Sides "Tokiado"
04. A-Sides "One Love"
05. A-Sides & MC Fats "So Natural"
06. A-Sides & DJ Marky "Montpellier"
07. A-Sides "Level 2"
08. A-Sides "Milk & Honey"
09. A-Sides "Sugar Sweet"
10. A-Sides "Tear The Roof Off (Twisted Individual Remix)"
11. A-Sides "Destination Earth"
12. A-Sides "Cheeba"
13. A-Sides "Absolute"
14. A-Sides "Hidden Fears"
15. A-Sides & Break "(untitled)"
16. A-Sides & Makoto "The Final Fugitive"
17. A-Sides "Showstoppa"
18. A-Sides "Operation X"
19. A-Sides "Heavyweight"
20. A-Sides "Broken"
21. A-Sides & MC Fats "Crazy 2006"
22. A-Sides "Planetary Motion"
23. A-Sides, Marky & Makoto "Tonite"
24. A-Sides "The Way You Move"
25. A-Sides ft. MC Fats& Regina "What U Don't Know (Q-Project Remix)"
26. A-Sides "White Riesling"
THIS IS WHAT I DO!
First BLCKPRSDNT > First BLCKCHRMN. RNC FAIL.
EDIT I guess this history-making feat didn't matter to one of my local GOP members. Fuck you very much, Jack Lacy, for sending an unfunny, racially-charged "joke" to "some friends and some former booster club supporters, classmates and lifelong friends".
R.O.E. "When The Money Comes": The homey R.O.E. had some ish to get off his chest, and chose Jay-Z's "When The Money Goes" instrumental to be the sonic bed. Dude has such a smooth flow, but he definitely touches on some more personal situations on this quick rhyme. Who's next?
MC XYZ's B2B Sessions have gone on for a bit, taking two DJs dropping serious mixes in the same file. My homegirl Mayday is featuring in this mix, which is heavy on the Hip-Hop (although she definitely does her thing with the Hyphy and such).
DJ MAYDAY Tracklisting
"Hyphy" - The Federation
"Cus, Cus" - P.S.D, Keak da Sneak & Messy Marv
"Take Control" (Instrumental) - Amerie
"Go Dummy" - Mistah Fab, The Pillionaires & J-Diggs
"Put It Down" - Redman
"Jam On It" - Newcleus
"Shake" (Ayres Remix) - Pitbull & Ying Yang Twins
"Push It" - B.A
"80's Baby" - LJX
"Samir's Theme" - Debonaire Samir w/ Vocal by Vadah Boy
"Everyone's Got to Make a Living" - Dances with White Girls
"911" - Tittsworth
"Sweet Romance" (Zebo Remix) - Donna Summer
"Ain't Sayin' Nothing" (Superfriends Remix) - James Brown
"Say Whoa!" (DJ Craze Remix) - A Trak
"Show Me Love" (Hardwell Bootleg) - Robin S vs Steve Angello and Laid Back Luke
"Bmore Dominator" - Rico Tubbs
"The Show" - Doug E Fresh & MC Ricky D (Intro Scratch)
"Teacher, Teacher" - Slick Rick
"I Know You Got Soul" - Eric B. & Rakim
"I'm Still #1" (Numero Uno Re-Record) by Boogie Down Production
"Steppin' To The AM" - 3rd Badd
"Freak The Funk" - Stezo
"Gettin' Funky" - Kid N' Play
"Paper Thin" - MC Lyte
"Devestating" - Sway & King Tech
"Pump That Bass" (Live) - Original Concept
"Beats To The Rhyme" - Run DMC
"Straight Outta Compton" - N.W.A.
"Who's Gonna Take The Weight" - Gangstarr
"So Wat Cha Sayin'" - EPMD
"The Humpty Dance" - Digital Underground
"Pay Ya Dues" - Low Profile
"Cold Gettin' Dumb" - Just Ice
"Long Live The Kane" - Big Daddy Kane
"Straight Out The Jungle" - Jungle Brothers
More info HERE.
- 50 Cent "Officer Ricky (Go Ahead Try Me)"
- Jay-Z "When The Money Goes"
- Lil' Wayne "Hot Revolver"
- Young Jeezy ft. Jay-Z "My President Is Black (Remix)" (prod. by Tha Bizness)
- Raekwon ft. Ghostface Killah "Criminology 2" (clean \ dirty) [Bonus Beats Raekwon ft. Ghostface Killah & Crooked I "Yes Sir"]
- Q-Tip ft. Busta Rhymes, Raekwon & Lil' Wayne "Renaissance Rap (Remix)"
- Jim Jones "Turn My Swag On" [Bonus Beats Jim Jones "Na Na Na (We Getting Money Like)"]
- Lil' Jon ft. Ice Cube & The Game "Killas"
- Rick Ross "Mafia Music" (prod. by The Inkredibles) [Bonus Beats Rick Ross ft. John Legend "Magnificent" (prod. by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)]
- The-Dream ft. Rick Ross, Juelz Santana, Fabolous & Ludacris "Rockin' That Thing (Remix)"
- Ryan Leslie "Out Of The Blue" [Bonus Beats Ryan Leslie "Just Right"]
- Rihanna ft. The-Dream "Hatin' On The Club"
- Chris Brown "Takes Time" (prod. by Polow Da Don)
- Chrisette Michelle "Epiphany"
- Mavado "Till She Bawl"
- Ernie Gaines "NO"
- Slim Thug ft. Akon "Please Don't Do That"
- Styles P ft. Tre Williams "Streetlife"
- Havoc "Watch Me"
- Royce Da 5'9, Phonte & Stat Quo "Homage To Premier" (prod. by Focus...) [Bonus Beats Royce Da 5'9 & Busta Rhymes "Kay Slay Freestyle"]
- DJ Suss.One ft. Red Cafe, Uncle Murda & Maino "Who Shot Ya 2009"
- Maino ft. T-Pain "All Of The Above"
- Uncle Murda "You Gotta Love It (New York, New York)"
- Mysonne "Letter To Pun"
- P.A. "Letter To Big L"
- Don Cerino "Letter To Gary Coleman"
- B-Real ft. Xzibit & Young De "Don't Ya Dare Laugh (Remix)"
- Dylan Dillinjah "Keep It Mobbin'" (prod. by EZLP)
- Termanology "Tight Pants Are For Girls"
- Bobby Creekwater "Big Brother"
- Wes Fif ft. DecadeZ "Thanger" (prod. by DecadeZ)
- Rhymefest "SuperSonic (Chucky Cheese)"
- GLC ft. Keyshia Cole & Roscoe "I Can't Call It"
- Wale "Good Girls (AEON Remix)"
- Naledge "Birthday Sex" [Bonus Beats Naledge "Rock Top Fashions"]
- Che Grand "Streets" (prod. by Illmind)
- Wordsmith "The Rave" (prod. by Professa)
- 8thW1 "Sound Quality Convo" (prod. by Mentplus)
- Cy Yung ft. Rashid Hadee & Asylum 7 "Mayhem" (prod. by J. Slikk)
- DJ iLLaNoise ft. Fab 5 '09 "Go IL USA (Circa '96)"
- Mic Terror ft. Travis McCoy "Snow Globe"
- Germ Ghee ft. Gucci Mane "Mr. White Boy" [clean \ dirty]
- Drake ft. Lil' Wayne & Santogold "Unstoppable (Remix)"
- Sean Wyze "Two Minus One" (prod. by Jansport J)
- J. Nolan "Not Enough Time"
- B.A.M. ft. Lil' Fame "My City" [clean \ dirty]
- ScholarMan "Maryland To UK" (prod. by Jone$y)
- Wes Restless & Silence "Only Live Once" (prod. by Wes Restless)
- DJ Class ft. Lil' Jon "I'm The Shit (Remix)"
- Bliss FM ft. Articulate "Always Here"
- Versis "Spittin' In The Wind (fLako Remix)"
- Muffler "Autumn (2009 VIP)"
- The Black Ghosts "It's Your Touch (DnB Bootleg)"
- Tapemasters Inc x Jim Jones Jockin' Jim Jones
- The Antidotes Street LAb Mixtape
- Master 3 Light Up The Darkness
- Gallic Wars & Wide World The Label Present Check Dig Series Vol. 4
- DJ Concept The Beautiful Fascination With 45s: Stack #1
- DJ Teddy King Nas - Surviving The Times
- Crew54 x The Jake New:Magic:E.P. - The Aggressive Soul Remixes
- Jo Well & DviousMindZ Nickel & Diming EP
- Gallic Wars Presents Poverty Breeds Crime Pt. 2
- Bobby Valentino Presents Lights, Camera & R&B
- DJ JayCeeOh & PQ GOODY! GOODY! Mix Vol. I
- Excess Bangers 11: Afro Scrolls NINJA!!!
This week's BoomBoxxMixtape pick comes from one of my favorite Wu-Tang albums, The W...
Wu-Tang Clan "Careful (Click, Click)"
CAREFUL! This is my shit, I'm sorry. GO STEELERS! I'm out!
01. Q-Tip Ft.Busta Rhymes,Raekwon & Lil'Wayne - Renaissance Rap(Remix)
02. Tone Trump ft. Birdman, Akon - Hands In The Air
03. B-Real ft. Xzibit & Young De - Don't Ya Dare Laugh(Remix)
04. Lil Jon Ft. R. Kelly, Sean Paul - Back It Up
05. N.O.R.E. Feat. Sean Kingston- On And On
06. Rick Ross Ft. John Legend - I'm the Magnificent
07. Havoc - Watch Me
08. Teriyaki Boyz feat. Kanye West - Teriya-King
09. Chrisette Michelle - Epiphany
10. D. Julien - One Can Win
11. Styles P Feat. Tre Williams - Streetlife
12. New Breed Ft. Pleasure P, Flo-Rida - One Night
13. PG The Kidd ft Cassidy, Mr. Jelks - Triple Threat
14. Young Buck ft. Jimmie Hoffa & Blood Raw - Stupid Money
15. Royce Da 5′9, Phonte & Stat Quo - Homage to Premier
16. Termanology - Tight Pants Are For Girls
17. U-N-I ft. Talib Kweli - Return
18. N.A.S.A. Ft The Cool Kids, Ghostface Killah, Scarface & Dj Am - The Mayor
19. Cashis ft. One-2- Whoa
20. Naledge - Rock Top Fashions
Go put this on and beat people up. Holla.
Raekwon ft. Ghostface Killah & Crooked I "Yes Sir": Here's another leftfield leak for this week, with an unbelievable line-up. Rather than try and paraphrase, I'll just hit you with the info from the press release...
On February 19th, Stenge-O-Matic of Anotha Level will be releasing a project called "The Live & Direct Show" which features none-other-than Crooked I. However, this project is more than a regular underground feature as Crooked I appears along side the Wu-Tang Clan's Raekwon and Ghostface Killah. Many Hip Hop fans would consider this to be a "dream team" collaboration... Those who are not familiar with Stenge-O-Matic's group Anotha Level may be interested to know that their first album "On Anotha Level" was executively produced by Ice Cube and sold over 250,000 records in 1994. Stenge's upcoming "Live & Direct Show" also features T.I., Glasses Malone, Akon and many more...
Shouts to Alex @ Killer Bee Promotions for this one!
50 Cent "Try Me": Here's the full five-minute diss that 50 has aimed at Rick Ross and DJ Khaled. I guess when Lil' Wayne is doing Limp Bizkit-lite, and Kanye is lost in his Auto-Tune, we need some fabricated Rap beef to keep the train moving.
Wordsmith "The Rave" (prod. by Professa): This new cut that Wordsmith passed me has a different energy to it. The way the sounds interact make this one feel very intense, and Words goes in on the flow with this one. Different styles, something you can get the party rockin' with. Not too many MCs get that hustle on like Words and Nu Revolution do, and 2009 will be no exception, with a mixtape AND album coming from Words and Chubb Rock. Keep it locked...
DJ JayCeeOh & PQ have linked up to form GOODY! GOODY!, a collaborative dance-centric project that blends house, electro, hip hop, Baltimore club, bass, disco and more. This is the first installment of their mixtape series, and judging by their backgrounds and the tracklist, you need not sleep!
1. Ready to Go Intro
2. Rudy Ray Moore (R.I.P) / Benny Bennassi / Bloody Beatroots (JayCeeOh Edit)
3. Bob Sinclair - Ultimate Funk
4. Grampa / Bun B - Sound Of Music (JayCeeOh + PQ Edit)
5. Lil Bo Tweak - K-Rizzle Interlude
6. Bag Raiders - Fun Punch (Cut The BullSh*t Edit)
7. 2 Live Crew / U tern - All That Cha Got Party (JayCeeOh Edit)
9. In Flagranti - Just Gazing (PQ + JayCeeOh Party Edit)
10. Armand Van Helden / Disco Juice (PQ Edit)
11. Hands In The Air / O'bryan (Treasure Fingers)- Freaky Hands (JayCeeOh Edit)
12 John Legend / Santogold / Bird Peterson - Green Lights in LES (JayCeeOh Edit)
13. Pase Rock / Groove Armada feat Stush & Red Rat - Get Money, Get Down (JayCeeOh + PQ Edit)
14. Will.I.am- Impatient - (U-tern Remix)
15. Hott City - Feelin Love
16. U.N. - Get It On
18. Black Roots - They Cant Stop It
19. Cool Kids - Pump Up The Volume (JayCeeOh Break Edit)
20. Siriusmo - Just Like This (JayCeeOh & PQ Edit)
21. Craze - Bitch I'm From Dade County
22. Crookers - Yeak OK (JayCeeOh Edit)
23. 2 Live Crew / Luke / Ron Carroll - (JayCeeOh + PQ Breakdown Edit)
24. Baile / Tim Deluxe (JayCeeOh Edit)
25. Sean Paul / Twerk (Bird Peterson/ Cousin Cole) - Bo! (JayCeeOh Edit)
26. Skatalites - Forest Flower Interlude
27. Bounce Camp - Big Dancin (On The Floor Edit)
28. ABN - Whos the man, Whos the Boss? - Interlude
29. Martin Brothers - Dum / DJ Smurf - Ride On Out (JayceeOh + PQ Edit)
30. JayCeeOh - Move It
31. Cassius - Feeling for you / Jacko (PQ Edit)
32. Buzzins Cuzzins / Shawty Lo - Let Me Show You Haterz Love (JayceeOh + PQ Edit)
33. Kanye West - Love Lockdown (Chew Foo Small Room Fix)
34. Runaway Outro
Perfect Friday funkery. Shouts to Alex at Move Forward Music for the heads up.
This week is definitely called "leftfield leaks"; where the HELL is this shit coming from? Bobby V and DJ Holiday linked up to promote Bobby's new album, The Rebirth (which drops on Feb. 10th), with this new mixtape.
1. Shake It Up
2. Your Smile (featuring Lil Wayne)
3. Knock Knock
4. Bobby V Speaks
5. 80 on the Freeway
6. You (Willie the kid featuring Bobby V)
7. One Chance (featuring Trey Songz & Lloyd)
8. Bobby V Speaks
9. Beep Remix (featuring Lil Wayne & Maino)
10. Butterfly Tattoo
11. Hands On Me
12. If I Had My Way
13. Poppin (Yung Joc featuring Bobby V)
14. Feels So Good
15. Mrs. Officer
16. Sexy Girl
related Bobby Valentino "Beep (Official Remix)"
Rihanna ft. The-Dream "Hatin' On The Club": No, Rih-Rih didn't get a skin bleachin'/haircut. That's apparently her "BFF/video vixen" friend Amber Rose, who was recently featured in Smooth. Wow. OH shit, this is a new Rihanna song. It's not really that good, TBH - it sounds like she tried to throw some old school doo-wop heartbreak into a mid-tempo club rocker, but it really just rocked me to sleep.
MP3 spotted over on OnSMASH.
The-Dream ft. Rick Ross, Juelz Santana, Fabolous & Ludacris "Rockin' That Thing (Remix)": There's been a bunch of remixes out there, but because Best of Both Offices hit me with this, I'm going to say that this is the official. How Juelz can say some shit like "treat her like the First Lady, I put my Barack in her" and not feel like a complete douche is beyond me...
DJ Suss.One ft. Red Cafe, Uncle Murda & Maino "Who Shot Ya 2009": I don't know why ANYONE has to touch THIS CLASSIC BIG TRACK, but I guess Brooklyn's in the house. I'm sorry, but Uncle Murda's adlibs > Red Cafe's adlibs. Maino is a beast on this one, though.
Props to Tapemasters Inc for the heads up; photo credit goes to Travis Swicegood.
Q-Tip ft. Busta Rhymes, Raekwon & Lil' Wayne "Renaissance Rap (Remix)": Damn, what a good week it's been for leakage. This is one of those line-ups that I didn't expect at all, and I am not mad at what any of these MCs did on the track. In fact, I'm quite happy with how this came out. Now that melody is gonna be stuck in my head all weekend.
Young Jeezy ft. Jay-Z "My President Is Black (Remix)" (prod. by Tha Bizness): I love that Jeezy says he'd rather watch Jimmy Kimmel rather than The O'Reilly Factor, as if that comparison makes sense. As you may have guessed it, this is the official remix, featuring the new anti-O'Reilly lyrics. That hook is great, but without the pro-Obama shit, this is essentially another dope boy anthem. LET'S GO!
I told you guys last November that Prinz and Gallic Wars were linking up to help Prinz reach that next level; in short order, the next chapter in the Poverty Breeds Crime series is here, which is hosted by Prinz, and featuring a bunch of bangin' cuts that you need to make part of your life right now.
1. Intro - Prinz the Pistoleer
2. Hard Up - Prinz the Pistoleer
3. Villain - Styles P & Ariez (Prod. by J. Cardim)
4. Death Wish - Jadakiss ft Lil Wayne
5. Your Welcome - Grafh
6. Gallic Wars Freestyle - Prinz the Pistoleer
7. Where Is Cass At - Cassidy
8. R.I.P Maxipad (Max B Diss) - J.R. Writer
9. Like Ohh Remix - Jim Jones, Bun B, Prinz & Jadakiss
10. Hood Laws - Infamous Mobb
11. New Blood - Prinz the Pistoleer
12. Donkie Booty - MIMS
13. Brooklyn We Go Hard Remix - Stones
14. This Is That - Jaskizzal
15. Trap House - Prinz the Pistoleer
16. Crooked Go Hard - Crooked I
17. Move On - Joell Ortiz & Joe Budden
18. Made You Get Up (Reloaded) - 50 Cent (Steve Gee Mix)
19. Gangsta Music - Prinz the Pistoleer & Grafh
20. Block Em - Mickey Factz ft MIMS
21. I'ma Problem - Mouf
22. Killa - Small World
23. Move - MIMS
24. Shotty On Me - Riz ft Khalil
25. Lock & Load - Chynk Showtime ft Pav Bundy
26. Push - Rico Paysos ft Full Clips (Prod. by Skillz The Hitman)
27. In The Hood - Grafh ft Young Chris
28. Back For More - Freeway
29. U Loco - Lefty Wright ft Speed & Jynx (myspace.com/thegoodfellas07)
30. Gallic Wars Freestyle II - Prinz the Pistoleer
31. Rubber Bands - Poni Ft YB & Future
32. Money In My Pocket - Beast The Skitzo ft J South & Lou Skannon
33. I'ma Ridah - Streez & Young Deuces (Prod. by Andrew U The Perfectionist)
34. I'm Rich - Dynamic
35. What's It Gonna Be (UK MIX) - Fresh As Tommi (F.A.T)
36. (Outro) Die - Prinz the Pistoleer
Shouts to the Gallic Wars fam for this one.
Jay-Z "When The Money Goes (Instrumental)": Still no word on what "When The Money Goes" was set to drop on, but fuck that. It's my jam of the week. And I just got passed the instrumental, so MCs, get on this one QUICK!
Shouts to Instrumentals101.com for the hook-up.
B-Real ft. Xzibit & Young De "Don't Ya Dare Laugh (Remix)": Keepin' it Cali for a minute, here's the remix to B-Real's scorcher, "Don't Ya Dare Laugh". Creasing khakis and Chuck Taylors were my shit, until I realized if I wore a certain color, I'd get popped. Now I am super nondescript in earth tones. You know how that goes.
Anyone else wishing Xzibit put out that classic we all know he has in him?
Shouts to MAC Media.
Versis "Spittin' In The Wind (fLako Remix)": This cat is 17? And from Inglewood? I need to get out more. RM London, who recently joined the Flawless Hustle camp, threw this up, along with another joint today. If you partake in the herbals, put something in the air, throw this joint on, and meet the future of ill Hip-Hop.
DJ Jay iLLaNoise ft. Fab 5 '09 "Go IL USA (Circa '96)": I dropped the video for this last week, and Pugz hit me with the MP3 today. iLLaNoise's Revenge Of The Backpacks drops Feb. 2009, so keep it locked for that one!