This project came about pretty quickly over the last week or so. I had no idea who Whygee was until a month or so ago, when Kid Hum put me on to him while compiling our Offshore Drilling project. I then got introduced to "ChumpSin Pink", and realized this Colorado spitter isn't someone you should toy with. In conversing with him on the regular, I found out he had a few batches of unreleased material that he had created, but hit a roadblock in terms of trying to release. Over the weekend, in listening to the joints, I realized that he namechecked "Attack of the Killer Kung-Fu Wolf Bitch" in a track called "MySpaces", and had my hook.
Throughout this project, Whygee speaks on his thoughts on Hip-Hop, women and the strife that our people encounter living in this wonderful world of ours (kind of like The Boondocks, no?). The beats vary from darker, piano-driven thought provokers ("Bitchpleaze") to cavalcades of electronic fuzz-box material ("Another Cold Winter"), and the story of Mr. Bitches is weaved throughout, making this a nice, complete package.
01. "Code Black (Intro)"
02. "ChumpSin Pink" (prod. by Chris Walsh)
03. "Scott Free" (prod. by Da Free Agents)
04. "Neva Asked For This" (prod. by Mirrorkill)
05. "Mr. Bitches & MySpace (Interlude)"
06. "Bitchpleaze" (prod. by Chris Walsh)
07. "Helldate" (prod. by Mirrorkill)
08. "Dinner With Luna (Interlude)"
09. "She Said" (prod. by Mirrorkill)
10. "Luna Was Crazy! (Interlude)"
11. "Smile and Cries (ft. Jedmon)" (prod. by Jedmon & Ryan Conway)
12. "Another Cold Winter" (prod. by Mirrorkill)
13. "The Very, Very, Very Sad Story Of Luna (Interlude)"
14. "MySpaces" (prod. by The Holy Soulja)
15. "Deez Nutz! (Outro)"
If you're feeling these, make sure you check out Whygee's MySpace page; he has a host of live shows set throughout April of this year, as well as some dope tracks ("Henny Hendrix" is that fire). Shouts out to Whygee and Mirrorkill, as well as the other artists featured on this project. Shouts to Aaron McGruder, Carl Jones and the rest of the people who make The Boondocks the illest show out there. Bump this one in the MP3 player all day.
EDIT I want to shout out all of the sites who've posted The Saga of Mr. Bitches:
Backbeat Online \ Wake Your Daughter Up \ Colorado Rap Report \ New Efficiency