Archive for 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008
2. Rappers Ain’t Shit
3. A Millie Freestyle prod. by Komplex
5.I’m Cold ft. G Malone and Hard Head
7.Straightin’ it Out ft. Sauce da Boss
8. Hard on da Blvd
9. Stronger Freestyle
10. Circle Gnag ft. Horse Shoe Gang prod. by Jim Gettum
11. Freak [NC-17] Prod. by KG
12. W’s Down prod. by Komplex
13. New West Baby ft. Coniyac
14. Signs ft. One-2 prod. by Komplex
15. Lift em Up ft. Nino Bless
16. Horse Shoe Gang Freestyle
17. Swagga Like Crook prod. by Komplex
18. What’s Hip-Hop?
19. Fast Money
20. Welcome to My City
21. [Bounus track] I’m a Problem ft. S.C.
Via Nah Right. DJs, get on this one.
01. Chaka Demus & Pliers – Murder She Wrote
02. Beenie Man Feat. Ms. Thing – Dude (Remix)
03. Baby Cham – Vitamin S
04. Kardinal Offishall – Lay Lay
05. Sean Paul – Infiltrate
06. Beenie Man – Who Am I
07. Red Rat – Oh No
08. Sean Paul – Deport Them
09. Mr. Vegas – Heads High
10. General Degree – Traffic Blocking
11. Sean Paul – No Bligh
12. Tanto Metro & Devonte – Everyone Falls In Love
13. Sean Paul – Like Glue
14. Beenie Man – Miss Lap
15. Notch – Nuttin No Go So
16. Sean Paul – Gimme The Light
17. Elephant Man – Haters Wanna War
18. Sizzla – Pump Up
19. Wayne Wonder – No Letting Go
20. Lumidee – Never Leave You (Uh Oh)
21. Sean Paul – Get Busy
22. Bling Dawg – Badman Forward Badman Pull Up
23. Vybz Kartel – Street Pharmacist
24. Mr. Vegas – Hot F*k
25. Elephant Man – Willie Bounce
26. Sean Paul – Breakout
27. Sean Paul – Straight Up
28. Kardinal Offishall Feat. Akon – Kill The Dance
29. Sean Paul – Feel Alright
30. Busy Signal – Step Out
31. Vybz Kartel – School Bus
32. Mavado – Wah Dem Ah Do
Enig'ma "Fuck Off Part 1": Shouts to the Perfection Music family for sending this one over. This is the single from the forthcoming Make Em Look For Me Volume 2 mixtape. I have days where I'm just like "fuck off" to the whole world, my niggas know what I'm talking about. "You niggas can't say shit to me" should be my mantra. Enig'ma, hit me with more of your music, nigga!
PS: I told you guys Chi-town fucks with rock the dub; here's more from that Chi-town underground.
1865 "Men From Space" (prod. by Kid Hum): Shouts to the boy Kid Hum for hitting me with this one. 1865 has that paranoia thing down pat on the mic, and Hum's twinklin' piano is the perfect accent to his rhymes. Throw this one on in the middle of your blunt cipher and zone for four and a half...
Michael Moore's Slacker Uprising is available online... for free. Word is this is the first full length feature film to be given away for free and legal online. I also am hearing that this is only being given away to residents in the United States & Canada (how that works is beyond me). Hit up SlackerUprising.com right now to stream the whole jammy for free, or hit up the following options to download it:
DOWNLOAD: .MP4 (torrent) \ .AVI (torrent) \ .MOV
You can also cop the Collector's Edition DVD with extras for $9.95. Really a sweet deal, no matter how you slice it. Shouts to Moore for doing this. I'll be dloading it tonight!
previous: [video] Slacker Uprising Trailer
01.) Get Ya Ass Up! (Intro) (Produced By Illmind)
02.) Heltah Skeltah - Everything Is Heltah Skeltah (Produced By Illmind)
03.) Brooklyn Academy - Raise Ya Hands (feat. Jean Grae) (Produced By Illmind)
04.) Fresh Daily - Get Over (Produced By Illmind)
05.) D. Black - The Come Up (feat. Skyzoo) (Produced By Illmind)
06.) 50 Cent - Make A Movie (Produced By Illmind)
07.) Supastition - Thankful (feat. Kil Ripkin) (Produced By Illmind)
08.) Naturel - The Bullets (Produced By Illmind)
09.) K.O. (K-Otix) - 48 Seasons (Produced By Illmind)
10.) Torae - New Blood (feat. Skyzoo, Emilio Rojas & Fresh Daily) (Produced By Illmind)
11.) Fortilive - The Come Up (Produced By Illmind)
12.) Broken English - Different World (Produced By Illmind)
13.) Skyzoo - Lyrically Inclined (feat. Wale) (Produced By Illmind)
14.) Naps N Dreds - Do What I Should (feat. Copywrite) (Produced By Illmind)
15.) Quan - Geez Like Deez (feat. Rapper Big Pooh) (Produced By Illmind)
16.) Naturel - Resurrect (Produced By Illmind)
17.) 8th W1 - A Fool's Lullaby (Produced By Illmind)
18.) Faro-Z - Clap Ya Hands (Produced By Illmind)
19.) A.P.E.X. - One More Time (Produced By Illmind)
20.) LL Cool J - Queens (feat. Prodigy, 50 Cent, Kool G Rap, & Tony Yayo) (Produced By Illmind)
21.) Wannabe? (Outro) (Produced By Illmind)
Illmind's currently-untitled album is on the way...
Here's the trailer for Let's Get Free: The Black August Hip Hop Project, featuring performance and interview footage from Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, dead prez and more.
The Black August Hip Hop Project strives to promote human rights though supporting and influencing the global development of Hip Hop culture. By facilitating exchanges between international communities where Hip Hop is a vital part of youth culture, they promote awareness about the social and political issues that affect our global communities. Their vision is to bring culture and politics together and to allow them to naturally evolve into a unique Hip Hop consciousness that informs our collective struggle for a more just, equitable and human world. This film documents the movement through a series of interviews and performances with hip hop artists and key members of the black activist movement.
Check it out:
Jahi "Freedom Freestyle": Jahi is part of that new breed, part of that PE 2.0 project, fully endorsed by Chuck D, Flavor Flav, Griff and all of those heads. This is the first single from that project. More info on this track over on SLAMjamz. OS76 also interviewed Jahi back in August, its a great read and proper intro into this cat.
Wordsmith "Park & Ride 2: The After Hours Edition" (prod. by Strada): I brought you "Park & Ride" back in April, and just got hit with the fresh new edition. Although it's the first day of Fall, it's still nice enough to take the top down and vibe out to cuts like this. Get those last few rides in before the frigid air hits! Shouts to Words and Strada for another one...
Standing Soldier (remix) - Demarco
Hey Girl - Busy Signal
Money Changer - Mavado
Dawg A Bark - Elephant Man
Sweat - Don Corelon & Sean Paul
Knock It Like A Hammer - Munga Honorable
Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie - Beenie Man
Belvedere Heights - Lady Saw
Come Fly With Me - Foxy Brown f/Sizzla
Tic Toc - Busy Signal
Weh Dem A Go - Vybz Kartel f/Javinchi
Real Killa - Mavado
Let It Go - G-Unit f/Mavado
Buss The Eagle - Aidonia
Things A Gwan - Spragga Benz
No Games - Serani
Blind To You - Collie Buddz
Nothing Change - Bugle & Tarrus Riley
People Want Change - Capleton
Sticky - Jah Cure
Share My Love - Wayne Wonder
Lovely Lady - Masta Killa
Hey Baby - Stephen Marley f/Mos Def
The Splash - Ghostface Killah
Steppin' Out (screwed & chopped) - Steel Pulse & DJ Screw
related: BGDB Presents Boom Shottas \ Boom Shottas, Part 2
01 : ??? - SSS (UNRELEASED)
02 : CHRIS TAPE - THE CHIMPS (UNRELEASED)
03 : TWISTED - IN ROTATION / RUMBLE VIP (UNRELEASED)
04 : EK9 & SUKH KNIGHT - STOCK BOX (UNRELEASED)
05 : MR BOOGIE - ROCK´N´GROOVE (UNRELEASED)
06 : STENCHMAN - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU (UNRELEASED)
07 : B.U.N. VS. ILL BILL BACHELOR - CHOPPA (UNRELEASED)
08 : TWISTED - INFECT (FORTHCOMING R8 RECORDS)
09 : CHASE & STATUS - EASTERN JAM (FORTHCOMING RAM RECORDS)
10 : VISTA - MOONSTRUCK 10 MINS (UNRELEASED)
11 : 16 BIT - PCP (UNRELEASED)
12 : MAC KOALL - VENGEANCE (UNRELEASED)
13 : 501 - DUB YOU (UNRELEASED)
14 : PENDULUM THE OTHER SIDE / DUBSTEP RMX (PROMO)
15 : RESO - IF YOU CAN´T BEAT EM (UNRELEASED)
16 : RUSKO - GET YA COCK OUT (UNRELEASED)
17 : LEON JEAN MARIE - BRING IT ON / RUSKO´S GRANNY SMASHER RMX (ISLAND RECORDS)
18 : KROMESTAR - GET UP (RINGO RECORDS)
19 : AFTERDARK - HOT OF THE PRESS (UNRELEASED)
20 : 12TH PLANET & EMU - ARE YA FEELIN (FORTHCOMING 10 BAG)
21 : BAR9 - BAKIN BRED (UNRELEASED)
22 : VISTA - FORCEFIELD (UNRELEASED)
23 : UNITZ - BAZIL BUSH (UNRELEASED)
24 : RAKOON - MR LEE (UNRELEASED)
"Eastern Jam" is my shit.
1/3 of Brokn.Englsh, Myk Dyaleks goes for broke on his latest mixtape. You might have seen the advanced leak version, but I got my mittens on the completed jawn, and uploaded it for you nakkas. New Jeru, stand up, and listen to "Dear Jersey". Shouts to J Dub for the hookup.
1) Fame (Rmx) Produced By J-Love
2) Clan In Da Front
3) I Gotcha Back
4) Duel Of The Iron Mic Feat Inspectah Deck Masta Killa Ol Dirty Bastard
5) Third World Feat Rza
6) When The Fat Lady Sings
7) Shadowboxin Feat Method Man
8) Cold World Remix Feat Inspectah Deck & D’Angelo
9) Paper Plater
11) Breaker Breaker Rmx Feat Inspectah Deck & Masta Killa
12) Hammer Feat Ghostface Killah Inspectah Deck Raekwon Method Man U God
13) 4Th Chamber Feat Ghostface Killah Rza Killah Preist
14) Liquid Swords
15) As High As Wu Tang Get Feat Ol Dirty Bastard & Method Man
16) Beneathe The Surface Feat Killah Preist
17) Street Corner Feat Inspectah Deck & Masta Killa
19) The W Feat Raekwon Method Man & U God
20) The Genius Is Slammin’
21) Pass The Bone Feat Rza
22) Take It Back To Brooklyn Feat Ol Dirty Bastard
23) Made In The Usa Feat Ol Dirty Bastard
24) Watch Your Mouth Feat Raekwon Ghostface Killah Masta Killa Rza
Method Man Inspectah Deck U God
25) 9Mm Brothers Feat Ghostface Killah Raekwon Ol Dirty Bastard Masta
Killa Method Man Rza Inspectah Deck Cappadonna U God
26) Head Rush Feat Rza
27) Reunited Feat Wu Tang Clan
Via Get Right Music.
1. floetry - say yes (distinction remix)
2. tes la rok - belong remix
3. konnek deep - honest
4. jack sparrow - general remix
5. l-wiz - lavender wedding
6. stevie wonder - jammin' (6blocc remix)
7. unknown - ghost town remix
8. desto - bounce - forthcoming boombap
9. jack sparrow - shadings
10. l-wiz - disco feeva
11. dj madd - vibez
12. wascal - all i need
13. von d - so many faces (vip mix)
14. liquid stranger - crush groovin
15. liquid wicked - dub war
16. kulture blak & ilodica - highgrade
17. liquid wicked featuring warrior queen - moon eclipse
18. black sun empire - hypersun
19. redemption & twisted - ill dire
20. twisted - robots (j:kenzo remix)
21. dutty ranks - greasy mits
22. unknown - phat planet remix
23. bar 9 - midnight
24. kion and murda - dubman fadeaway remix
25. babylon system ft. candy vox - hyphy (unfinished)
26. ekaj - other worlds
27. emalkay - heroics
28. bar 9 - bakin bred
29. liondub & shaketek feat jahdan - the general (noah d remix)
30. babylon system & antiserum - cali style - forthcoming argon
31. enei - war
32. ruf - raw love
33. ekaj - tetsu
34. chasing shadows - the end
35. emalkay - explicit
36. benny page & zero g - trigger finger
37. benny page - original killa
38. alborosie - police polizia (noah d & roommate remix)
39. matt u - peyote
40. matt u - free me
41. satori - time to kill
42. osc - dreadlock
43. noah d vs roommate - the bassman
44. mayhem & whisperlink - untitled
45. babylon system vs spl - hypnosis
46. babylon system & noah d - examination of time (vip mix) - forthcoming argon
47. reso - onslaught
48. black sun empire - cold crisis
49. damian marley - it was written (chasing shadows remix)
50. dz - break it down
51. babylon system vs spl - on fire
Ridiculous. Serious tunes in here.
OnSMASH has put up a bunch of videos from the GOOD Music Show at The Knitting Factory on September 9th; check 'em out:
"Can't Tell Me Nothing"
"Swagger Like Us"
"Gone" (with Consequence)
"Stressed Out" (with Consequence & Q-Tip)
Do you need a case of Sugar Free CRUNK!!!? Make sure you check out The CRUNK!!! Outlet, where they are passing out crazy deals (e.g. 16oz case of Sugar Free CRUNK!!! for $30, which is normally $44)! You can pay by PayPal or Google Checkout as well, making things mad easy.
Shouts to Regis for the info!
12th Planet - 28 Hours later (Red Volume)
Reso - If You Can't Beat 'Em
Bar 9 - Shaolin Style
Mr. Curtamos ft. Werd2Jah - Dub Family (Stupid Fly)
12th Planet - Turn Me On
Tes La Rock ft. Uncle Sam - Round the World Girls (Argon)
Bar 9 - Pussy Hole
Koan Sound - Clowny (Abducted)
Bar 9 - Breezeblox
UltraBlack - Queen of Filth (LA Dubstep Nostra)
EMU & Pawn ft. Werd2Jah - Headshot
Coki - Spongebob (DMZ)
High Rankin - You, Me and the Devil (Suicide Dub)
Selfsimilar - 1st Degree (Shift)
Triage - Play Dead
Tizzer & Press - Solitude (Shift)
KJ Sawka - Subconnectors (Press & Selfsimilar rmx) (Shift)
Dubtek - Aclimate (Shift)
Ale Fillman - Nightmare (Shift)
DZ - The Jump Off
Conscious Pilot - Untitled
Conscious Pilot - Hash N Hydro (Shift 003 forth.)
Fragile - Unabomber (Shift 003 forth.)
TRiLLBASS - Fucking Heater (Shift002)
DZ - Stomper
Conscious Pilot - Night Owl (Shift)
Selfsimilar - 9mm (Rottun)
Tryptomatik - Polizia Dreadlock (Forum dub)
You need this.
Mustard Pimp "Zombie Revenge": I dropped a few remixes from this crew back in August, and got their latest track passed to me the other day. And it's fire. Club bangers, forreal. Shouts to the Mustard Pimp crew for keeping it gutter.
Bonus Beats: Mustard Pimp - Discobelle Mixtape [via Discobelle]
GemStones "Everything's Okay": For some reason, Chicago fucks with rock the dub. I got passed this joint in the inbox a few hours back, and although I'm not the biggest Lupe/1st & 15th fan, I do like what GemStones (fka Gemini) comes up with. Watch out for his first mixtape, Untamed Beast, as well as his Troubles of the World album, which should be dropping early 2009.
2. We Here
3. R U Listenin’ feat. Guilty Simpson
4. Alien Family
8. Mr. Shakes (skit)
9. DFTF feat. Affion Crockett
10. All Good
11. Sounds Like Love feat. Debit Nova
14. Air Signs
Really can't wait to get my mitts on this one.
Spec Boogie "Gettin' Up (Remix)": Spec returns with some Krylon fantasies over this lush beat. I always wanted to be a toy, get up and bomb, but I never ran with crews, nor was my art that ill anyways. Good to hear the Loosie crew out there getting theirs. Some new ish from that camp is coming, trust.
Bonus Beats: Spec Boogie "Heartbeat (Remix)"
- The Alchemist ft. Jadakiss, Snoop Dogg & Pusha T "Lose Your Life"
- Scarface ft. Lil' Wayne & Bun B "Forgot About Me"
- Jadakiss ft. Ne-Yo "By My Side"
- Diddy "Swagga Like Puff"
- Soulja Boy "Birdwalk"
- T-Pain ft. Ludacris "Chopped & Screwed"
- John Legend ft. Kanye West & Pharrell "It's Over"
- Jennifer Hudson ft. Fantasia "I'm His Only Woman" [Bonus Beats: Jennifer Hudson ft. Ludacris "Pocketbook"]
- Musiq Soulchild ft. Mary J. Blige "If U Leave"
- Keri Hilson ft. Lil' Wayne "Turn Off" (prod. by Polow Da Don)
- Alicia Keys ft. Jack White "Another Way To Die"
- Leona Lewis ft. Cassidy "Nowhere Left To Go"
- Trey Songz "Swagga Like Songz" [Bonus Beats: Trey Songz "Love Lockdown Freestyle"]
- Trina "Shawty Say" (prod. by Raw Smoov)
- Lil' Kim "Brooklyn" [No DJ]
- Das EFX "Can U Feel It" (prod. by DJ Rondevu)
- The Lo "The Promo Freestyle"
- The Beatnuts "All My Life"
- Diamond D "D-I-A-M-O-N-D"
- Cassidy "They Shook"
- Lloyd Banks "SOD"
- Peedi Crakk "More Towels"
- Devin The Dude ft. Snoop Dogg "I Don't Chase 'Em"
- Kardinal Offishall ft. Lil' Wayne & Pusha T "Swag" [Bonus Beats: Robin Thicke ft. Kardinal Offishall "Magic (Remix)"]
- I-20 "Air It Out" [Bonus Beats: I-20 ft. Ludacris & Rocko "Really Like Her"]
- USDA ft. Boo Rossini & Trick Daddy "Black Dreams"
- Wale ft. Xscape "I Will" [Bonus Beats: Robin Thicke ft. Mary J. Blige & Wale "Magic (Mark Ronson Remix)"]
- Dice Raw "Life Fame Death"
- Dirtbag "Beef" (Dissing DJ Khaled, Rick Ross & Plies)
- Trae "Swagger Like Us Freestyle"
- Killer Mike "The Devil Is A Lie"
- 88 Keys, Dilated Peoples, Aceyalone & The Alchemist "Fresh Rhymes & Videotape Anthem" (prod. by 88 Keys)
- Brisco ft. Flo-Rida "Love"
- Flo-Rida ft. Akon "Guarantee"
- Icadon "iC-Digital"
- Huey ft. Maino & Glasses Malone "24/7"
- Kool Keith "God Of Rap"
- Big Shug "Like A Muhfucka" (prod. by DJ Premier) [Bonus Beats: Big Shug ft. Termanology & Singapore Kane "My Boston" (prod. by DJ Premier)]
- Statik Selektah ft. M.O.P. & Jadakiss "For The City"
- Consequence "There Can Only Be One" (prod. by Statik Selektah)
- Skyzoo ft. E.Ness "Let It Bang"
- Folk&Stress ft. Vast Aire "Beatrix"
- Stat Quo "I'm Sorry"
- Johnny Polygon "Black In The Back" (prod. by Green Lantern)
- Cashis & Young De ft. Crooked I & Royce Da 5'9 "Clear The Area"
- Big Wy ft. Mack 10, Jim Jones & The Game "Big Boy"
- B-Real ft. Young B "Laugh"
- Termanology ft. Sheek Louch & Freeway "Drugs, Crime & Gorillaz"
- 6th Sense "I Won't Let You Fall"
- Scanz "Hi Dilla" [Bonus Beats: Scanz "Don't Let It" (prod. by Frank G)]
- Decay ft. Selfish, Tone Liv & Butta Verses "Easy"
- Stan Ipcus "The Great White Hope (Asher Roth Diss)"
- John Brown "Sarah Palin (I Wanna Lay Pipe)"
- Emilio Rojas "585" (prod. by M-Phazes)
- Collie Buddz "Private Show" [Bonus Beats: Collie Buddz "Hustle"]
- Kel Spencer "No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn 2008" (prod. by DJ Denox)
- Praverb ft. Master 3 "Dedication" (prod. by DJ Soulclap)
- Articulate "B-Town" [dirty / clean] [Bonus Beats: Articulate "You Lose (Love Lockdown Freestyle)" [dirty / clean]]
- E.A.R.T.H. "Feelin' Alive"
- Brown Bag All Stars "Undeniable" (prod. by The Audible Doctor)
- Expo & Screw "Ohh So High" (prod. by Expo)
- Savanna Samson "Possession"
- Sabrina Salerno "Boys Boys Boys (Biancardi Mix)"
- Manifest "Murda Musik" [mirror]
- Le Castle Vania & Computer Club "The Messiah" [Bonus Beats: Le Castle Vania & Computer Club "The Messiah (radio edit)"]
LATE PASS MASSIVE
- Cosmo Baker Presents The Funk Doc Chronicles
- Back 2 The Basics (Leaders Of The New School)
- Unreleased Cool Kids Tracks, Round 3
- Butta Verses Reality BV: Behind The Scenes Mixtape
- DJ G-Spot, Shadyville, G-Unit & Aftermath UNC '08 Mixtape
- Black ELement & Dub Floyd Missing ELements (Volume 1)
- G-Christ Damage Is Done EP
- Juelz Santana Presents Skull Gang Takeover
Shouts to my homey SBK for re-putting me onto this classic earlier in the week...
Masta Ace Incorporated Born To Roll"
If I was a DJ, I'd body that beat on the decks. Alas, I'm not. Anyways, enjoy your weekend, fam!
You guys have been waiting for this one.
1. Intro - Takeover (Juelz & Starr)
2.” Aggy” (Juelz, UnKasa, Richmond Rabb)
3.” Drama Fold” (Juelz, John Depp & Richmond Rabb)
4.” Touch Me Tease Me” (Juelz, Starr,UnKasa, Rabb, & John Depp)
5.” B4″ ( Juelz & John Depp)
6.” Problems”(Juelz, Rabb feat. Lil’ Wayne)
7. “Johnny Jerajian”- Skit
8. “Don’t want you back” (Juelz, John Depp, & Rabb)
9. “Fire” (Juelz, UnKasa & Rabb)
10. “Here we are” (Juelz, Rabb, John Depp, Riq, & Tobb Cobain)
11. “Relax” (Juelz, UnKasa, John Depp & Rabb)
12. “What you reppin”(SKULL GANG)- (Juelz, John Depp, UnKasa, Rabb & Starr)
13.” Body like a Maserati”( Juelz, Rabb, John Depp, Starr & UnKasa)
14. “Who said that”-skit
15. “Peepin my Swag” (Juelz, John Depp, Rabb, UnKasa, Riq, Deniro & Mo’ Betta)
16.”Dropping some shit” ( Juelz, UnKasa, Rabb & Deniro)
17. “Shawty dirtbike”-skit
18.”Taking over your radio” (Juelz, John Depp, UnKasa& Deniro)
19. “Birds flying in” (Juelz, Rabb feat. Jim Jones)
20. “You gotta give me some” (Juelz, Unkasa, John Depp, Rabb & Deniro)
21. Outro - “Make it Rain” (Starr & Juelz)
Via Nah Right.
Of the many hours of TV my wife and I watch, we don't watch a lot of the same shows. Two of the shows we have enjoyed immensely together are The Cosby Show and A Different World. A few weeks back, she made mention to me about how she read that, while Season 1 dropped on DVD, subsequent seasons have been held in limbo. Doing some research on Wikipedia, I found this, saying that Urban Works, the company that owned the rights to release these, was bought out by First Look Studios back in 2006. Digging deeper, I read that, while it was intially set to drop, Season 2's DVD release got cancelled with no word on if/when it would be brought back. What's good with that?
I hit up the First Look site, and tried calling the number in their Contact Us section. Error message? I noticed an e-mail address, and sent a pretty detailed message asking for info, and ended up getting it blocked by their spam filter. Now, this company has also released The Cosby Show, as well as Baywatch, in the last few years, on DVD. Why not A Different World? Is this just a mess up with the rights and licenses, or is it deeper? Do they not think a show of this caliber will make money with the demographic it reached (urban youth from the late 80s/early 90s, college students, fans of The Cosby Show, etc.)? BET has shown reruns over the last few months, as have Oxygen and other channels... how could a DVD release of the remaining seasons NOT get put out?
I am two steps from starting up a petition on this, but I want to know that fans of the series are with me on this, wondering where this show will end up in the end. Pass this on, leave a comment, let's get together on ths one!
EDIT: Right before posting this, I noticed TransGriot has the same idea, in longer detail, explaining Viacom's thoughts on putting this out (poor sales of Season 1 = not coming out). We need to get organized...
Articulate "B-Town" [dirty / clean]: My homey Articulate flips Tabi Bonney's "Nothing But a Hero" into a subtle B-more club cut about, well, Baltimore. I didn't used to fuck with B-more/club music, but I can't help it... the tempo is perfect to catch wreck to, as well to bust a few rhymes to. Articulate, you a fool for this one!
John Legend ft. Kanye West & Pharrell "It's Over": I know a lot of heads posted up the radio rip, but the homey Benzi says that this version is a bit different... and will be up on the next DDS shipment, as well as on John's Evolver. I actually avoided the radio rip, but I'm feeling this right now.
Via BGDB. Flex, you kick that real shit time and again, and this is the realest thing I've ever heard from you, and I applaud you for it. That's why this nasty nigga doesn't get any positive play on rock the dub - his fucking molester ass was ON TAPE PISSING ON CHILDREN! Be forreal with yourselves if you choose to stick up for this lame cat. Fuck R. Kelly.
related: [video] R. Kelly BET Interview
Shouts to MOS of Crew54 for hitting me off with this. I had this EP on during my commute to work this morning, and was pleasantly surprised. Most of the time, niggas will hit you off with shit and it will come off as too-similar to stuff that's out, but G-Christ has his own sense of humor, and the beats are knockin'! Nice use of ill samples... just a dope FREE project for you to devour.
1. Intro - prod. by Kingverse
2. Living Big - prod. by Reeplay
3. Forsake His Love ft. Alpha 20/20 - prod. by Alpha 20/20
4. Kcuf G-Christ (Skit)
5. Put It Down ft. DDC prod. by The Fiyamen
6. Losing Control - prod. by Zaire of the Sole Vibe
7. Going - prod. by G-Christ
8. Damage Is Done
PS - the older I get, the more I relate to "Living Big". Need more big man anthems.
I had been waiting for more info on 1 more hit for the longest, and got the following message in my MySpace inbox...
What's up? This IS J Sw!ft. I was still dealing with my drug problem when You sent this message. I'm happy to say the movie is finished and my new single and video "Stack My Chips" from the sountrack is on youtube. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks for your support and spread the word.
Peace, Love, and hip Hop,
Here's the video in question:
I need this movie in my life. I'm gonna say NSFW for some real images of crack smoking and the ills from that lifestyle. Stay up, J.
The Alchemist ft. Jadakiss, Snoop Dogg & Pusha T. "Lose Your Life": Christ. Where do these fire combinations come from!?!? This one has that woofer-beasting bass on it, plain and simple. You need this.
PS Snoop is only on the hook...
Shouts to Young Sav.
Black Milk's third solo album, TRONIC, is set to drop on October 28th through Fat Beats. This LP is solely produced by Black, and only has three guest verses (from Pharoahe Monch, Royce Da 5'9 & Sean Price); the production also features flourishes from the likes of Dwele, Colin Munroe and DJ Premier. Check out the tracklist...
1. Long Story Short ft. Dwele
3. Give The Drummer Su
4. Without U ft. Colin Munroe
5. Hold It Down
6. Losing Out ft. Royce Da 5'9
7. Hell Yeah ft. Fat Ray
9. Reppin For U ft. AB
10. The Matrix ft. Pharoahe Monch, Sean Price, & DJ Premier
12. Tronic Summe
13. Bond 4 Life ft. Melanie Rutherford
14. Elec (OUTRO)
Shouts to Michelle for the info!
Bonus Beats: Black Milk Music From The Color Purple
Expo & Screw "Ohh So High" (prod. by Expo): South Jersey stand up! Elevated Records fam Expo comes with a heat rocket on this one, coming with some dope rhymes that reference, well, dope, including Katt Williams' weed bit from The Pimp Chronicles Pt. 1. Hopefully Expo can hit me with some more freshness like this... or better!
Kel Spencer "No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn 2008" (prod. by DJ Denox): This four alarm blazer is forthcoming on Denox's We Break The Hits Vol. 5, Part 2, which is hosted by Termanology. Dude keeps the originals guitar riffin', but drops some 2008 flavors overtop.
If you've peeped my blog at all, you've seen mad posts with Black ELement featured. On the cusp of his release of A Major Minority (which is now set to drop on September 25th, just so Black can iron things out and get it 100% in his mind), he's linked with Dub Floyd and illRoots to drop the first volume of the Missing ELements mixtape, chronicling the leaks Black threw out in anticipation of AMM., as well as 4 album cuts AND some rare joints, all expertly blended by Floyd.
01. Missing ELements (Intro)
02. All I 3 feat. NAV (Prod. by Danksta)
03. The Itis (Prod. by 6th Sense)
04. Cant Call It (Prod. by Ryan Durkin)
05. Confirmation (Prod. by 6th Sense)
06. Keeps it Rawkin' (Prod. by Rami Afuni)
07. We Gon Ride (Prod. by Rami Afuni)
08. Presidential Paradise (Prod. by BBoySpaz)
09. Cuz We Felt Like It (Interlude)
10. Human (Prod. by Kush Klien)
11. The Fabolous Life (Prod. by Rami Afuni)
12. The Equation (Prod. by Ryan Durkin)
13. Down?!?! (Prod. by Ryan Durkin)
14. Halle Berry (Prod. by Rami Afuni)
15. Loose Change (Prod. by Rami Afuni)
16. Sex Ed feat. T-Payne (Prod. by Rami Afuni)
17. Missing ELements (outro)
18. BONUS - Ama Tell It Like (Prod. by Rami Afuni)
19. BONUS - Folks Don't Cost A Thing feat. NAV (Prod. by Rami Afuni)
Keep it locked to rock the dub for word on when this dope album drops!
E.A.R.T.H. "Feelin' Alive": Everything Around Revolves Thru Hip-Hop has been a group I wanted to get on my Lighthouse Project, but never got word back. Seems to be my dealings with them... love their work, set up to do something, and for whatever reason it falls through. Imagine my surprise when I got passed "Feelin' Alive" in my MySpace inbox. This is one of those tracks where you can't help but rejoice, even though life can be shitty at times, you gotta keep that focus and still strive to do you. Money and capitalism can be a bitch, but getting that frustration out with your art? Nothing better...
E.A.R.T.H. Crew, get at me!
1) DJ Revolution INTRO & Buckshot Interview
2) 9th Wonder & Buckshot "Brand Nu Day"
3) Buckshot Interview
4) 9th Wonder & Buckshot featuring Mickey Factz "Concrete Jungle"
5) Buckshot Interview
6) Buckshot "WHO GOT THE PROPS 2008"
7) DJ Double O of Kidz In The Hall Interview
8) Kidz In The Hall featuring Estelle "Love Hangover" (Video debuted on MTV's TRL)
9) Naledge of Kidz In the Hall Interview
10) Kidz In The Hall "Driving Down The Block Westcoast Remix"
11) Ruste Juxx Interview
12) Ruste Juxx "Vic Flair"
13) Ruste Juxx "Wipe Off Ya Smile" off INDESTRUCTIBLE in stores October 28th
14) Heltah Skeltah Interview
15) Heltah Skeltah "Everything Is Heltah Skeltah" off D.I.R.T. (DA INCREDIBLE RAP TEAM) IN STORES SEPTEMBER 30th
16) Heltah Skeltah "FUCK THAT RAPPER"
17) DJ Revolution Interview conducted by DJ LOGIC
18) DJ Revolution featuring KRS-ONE "THE DJ" off KING OF THE DECKS IN STORES SEPTEMBER 16th
19) DJ Revolution Interview
20) DJ Revolution featuring Bishop Lamont, Crooked I & Styliztik Jones "Funky Piano" off KING OF THE DECKS IN STORES SEPTEMBER 16th
21) DJ Revolution Outro
Grab the download here.
Kanye West "Love Lockdown": So this is the new single from Kanye's 808's & Heartbreak, and I can't hate this anymore than I do now. Actually, if he had T-Pain singing the chorus, with Lil' Wayne doing a auto-tune'd 16 about Superhead, I'd probably REALLY hate this. I truly hope the rest of the album (which hits stores December 16th) doesn't sound this ridiculous.
EDIT: Here's the mastered version. Shouts to BoBO.
EDIT: Kanye's posted a new version of "Love Lockdown". [via 2DB]
Big Shug "Like A Muhfucka" (prod. by DJ Premier): While any other MC could do a whole track ending each line with "like a muhfucka", not every MC is Big Shug, nor or all of them produced by DJ Premier. This is just heavenly ignorant, taken from Shug's forthcoming Otherside Of The Game, which drops on November 4th, and features heads like Termanology, Bumpy Knuckles, Billy Danze, Blaq Poet & Singapore Kane, with production from Primo and MoSS. Here's the tracklist:
2.) Soundcheck (produced by DJ Premier)
3.) When I Strike (produced by DJ Premier)
4.) What it Means f/Billy Danze of M.O.P. & Frankie Wainwright (Produced by Soul Professa)
5.) Like A Muhfucka (produced by DJ Premier)
6.) Murdapan (produced by MoSS)
7.) 123 Bang f/Bumpy Knuckles & Hectic of ST. (produced by MoSS)
8.) Bring It Back (produced by MoSS)
9.) My Boston f/Termanology & Singapore Kane (Produced by DJ Premier)
10.) Better (Produced by Lee Bannon)
11.) Lonely Heart (Produced by Purpose)
12.) The Meaning Of Hardcore (produced by MoSS)
13.) Protection (produced by Lee Bannon)
14.) Militant Soldiers II f/Blaq Poet and Singapore Kane (produced by MoSS)
15.) Keep Calling Me (produced by Jay Quest)
16.) Young Death (produced by Gemz)
Bonus Beats: Big Shug ft. Termanology & Singapore Kane "My Boston" (prod. by DJ Premier)
My homey DJ G Spot, one of the Shadyville DJs, hit me with the latest mixtape from The Unit. A lot of these joints have been bubblin' on the 'Net, and are now in one sleek package for you heads to rock to...
Whoo Kid Intro
50 Cent feat T-Pain – You Won’t Believe Me
50 Cent feat MIA – Paper Planes
50 Cent – Here I Am
Lloyd Banks – Its My Time
Lloyd Banks – Brand New Car
Lloyd Banks – Fast Lane
Lloyd Banks – Money Walks
Lloyd Banks – 718 Nigga
Lloyd Banks – Call It How I See It
Tony Yayo – Hate Blog
Tony Yayo – Southside State Of Mind
Tony Yayo – 3 Straps
Tony Yayo – Catch 22
Busta Rhymes feat Show Money & Reek Da Villian - Give A Damn
Busta Rhymes – Packin Them Thangs
Busta Rhymes feat Grafh & Prinz – Like Ohh
Busta Rhymes feat Travis Barker – Don’t Touch Me
Bishop Lamont feat Warren G, Busta Rhymes & Stat Quo - Guerilla Pimpin
Bishop Lamont – Send A Nigga Home
Bishop Lamont – Grow Up
Bishop Lamont - Money
Book DJ G-Spot Outro
Jus Mic – Hands Up (bonus track)
That Busta Rhymes "Packin' Them Thangs" is the truth.
Johnny Polygon "Black In The Back" (prod. by Green Lantern): Johnny Polygon is the cat you probably heard first on Nas' "Black President"; Green Lantern has taken homeboy under his wing, and is bringing his work to us... interesting stuff, not the normal cuts you'd expect from Green. Check out this Polygon track about one of my favorite things... and while you're out it, check out the commercial for Wolf In Cheap Clothing:
Shouts to Swift for this one!
DOWNLOAD; this will serve as a preview to Butta Verse's Reality BV album, which drops today on digital download, with CDs coming September 30th. Click the image for more info!