Alfamega ft. Bun B, Rick Ross & T.I. "Uh Huh (Remix)" [dirty / clean]: If you didn't like the original, I can't see a new verse from William Roberts making you love this, but hey, you know what it is!
related: [video] Alfamega "4 Or 5 Ways"
Archive for 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008
Tina Fey strikes again!
If that video dies, here's a link to it up on Hulu.
related: [video] Tina Fey As Sarah Palin On Saturday Night Live
K.O. "She Wants 2 Get It": K.O. is doing the damn thing out in L.A., where "She Wants 2 Get It" is getting some good spins on Power 106 (where he was a five month champion on their "Whoa Call". There's a new mixtape he's completed with Clinton Sparks (featuring remixes of cuts from Soulja Boy, Plain White T's, Missez and others) that you can grab for free from his website, and he has some projects on deck with some major players, so be on the lookout!
KONCEPT "Mic Controllers" (prod. by Slarc): Yet another cut from KONCEPT's Konverses mixtape, with a fat beat (pun intended) cooked up by Slarc. If you haven't picked up Konverses, you're playing yourself. Grab the physical CD @ Fat Beats NY, or order a copy from KONCEPT's MySpace page.
related: Brown Bag All Stars "Undeniable" \ KONCEPT "The Great Hype" \ KONCEPT "Your Charm" \ KONCEPT, JLOG1C & Soul Khan "Make Way"
6th Sense "Love Lockdown": While not a remix, 6th did grab the stems that were distributed and made his own version. The lyrics, which 2DB posted, are kind of leftfield, but when reworking a track where Kanye West sings the entire thing, leftfield is appropriate.
Bonus Beats: Kanye West "Love Lockdown (Tech Supreme REmix)" (instrumental) [NOTE: I see you with those Sonic The Hedgehog samples, fam!]
PS: Keep sending "Love Lockdown" remixes, producers/MCs! If I like them, I will post them!
previous: Kanye West "Love Lockdown (J. Slikk Remix)" \ Articulate "You Lose (Love Lockdown Freestyle)"
CRUMM "New Microphone Fiend": Check out this Rakim ode that CRUMM, one of Georgia's illest, cooked up. You might have seen this cat blazin' a few videos featured on WSHH, and hopefully he will be dropping some fresh cuts on your heads. Keep it locked... for the future.
Shouts to TVCBN.
On their morning show (which I'm seriously addicted to, via archives), Cipha Sounds and Rosenberg have been pleading to Jay-Z and Beyonce to come on their show... why you ask? Because they were skraight disrespected, and don't go on Hot 97 before 3PM (crazy!). In any case, check out the making of this plea:
Via Nah Right.
At various points in my life, I've both worked with and lived on the same block as Trenton, NJ's DJ Plexx. For those who don't know, dude is dropping heat in the form of mixtapes, and one of his specialites are what hipsters called "mash-ups" (circa 2003), but Hip-Hop mixshow heads knew as "blends" from years back. I noticed he dropped his latest mixtape, Stay In My Lane Pt. 2 on his MySpace page, and figured I'd share some homegrown flavors with you heads, for the weekend. Loads of R&B blends on this one, with an array of beats. Click the image for the full tracklist, complete with the instrumentals blended on this monster, which includes hot joints from the likes of Ne-Yo, Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Ryan Leslie, Keyshia Cole and others blended over beats from Rick Ross, Diddy, Kanye West, Playaz Circle and more!
PS: Lil' Wayne's "A Milli" over Gucci Mane's "Freaky Girl" is my SHIT right now!
Odd week, working off some reserve energy over here. Loads of tracks flying by, so just take a few minutes... hit the green a few times, take a sip or 3, and engage yourself with these dope cuts. And the wack ones, too...
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Pharrell, Q-Tip & Sarah Green "Paris, Tokyo (Remix)"
- Young Buck "If I Go To Jail"
- E-40 ft. Gucci Mane & Bun B "The Recipe"
- The Game "Baggage Claim" (prod. by Cookin' Soul) [Bonus Beats: "Compton Story" & "Nightmares"]
- Malik Yusef ft. Kanye West & Adam Levine "Promised Land" [Bonus Beats: John Legend "Pride In The Name Of Love"]
- Patrick Stump "Love Lockdown (cover)"
- Tiffany Villarreal "Almost Naked" (prod. by Focus)
- Trey Songz "What Them Girls Like Freestyle"
- Chris Brown "Forever (Polow Da Don Remix)"
- Avery Storm ft. Jadakiss "Terrified"
- Bangladesh ft. Rick Ross & Busta Rhymes "Girls Love Me"
- Ron Browz ft. Ludacris, Jim Jones & Juelz Santana "Pop Champagne (Remix)"
- Freekey Zekey ft. Jim Jones & Lil' Wayne "This Girl"
- Cam'ron "Still The Reason" (CDQ) [Bonus Beats: Cam'ron "Go In" (radio rip)]
- Busta Rhymes "Arab Money"
- Freeway "Hustlaz Prayer"
- Young Chris ft. BJ "Money On My Mind"
- B.o.B. "Generation Lost"
- Killer Mike ft. Charles Manson "Belly Of The Beast"
- Termanology ft. Prodigy "Hood Shit"
- Strong Arm Steady ft. Paul Wall "Sixteen (15 Bricks)"
- Jean Grae "Shadows Forever" (prod. by Blue Sky Black Death)
- M.O.P. "Gangsta Boy" (prod. by Jake One)
- D.I.T.C. (ft. D Flow, OC, AG & Boss Money) "Hard Hit"
- Heltah Skeltah "D.I.R.T." (prod. by Khrysis)
- MC Ren "Return Of The Villain"
- Devin The Dude ft. Smoke DZA "Highway"
- Madlib ft. Talib Kweli "What It Do"
- Sandman ft. Kurupt, Roscoe, Dundidit & Tristar "Make It Clear" (prod. by Tekneek) [Bonus Beats: Sandman "Gotta Be FRESH"]
- Z-Ro "25 Lighter"
- Tek "Cocaine Cowboys" [Bonus Beats: Tek "Eye For An Eye"]
- Cory Gunz "Evil Deeds"
- Brisco "I'm Back"
- Glasses Malone "F G Malone"
- Charles Hamilton & Joe Budden "Invasion Freestyle"
- J the S ft. B.oB. "Another Round" [Bonus Beats: J the S "My Will"]
- GemStones "Everything's Okay"
- The Cool Kids "Don't Trip"
- Kid Sister ft. David Banner "Family Reunion"
- Tonedeff "Warden (Love Lockdown Remix)" [Bonus Beats: Tonedeff "Warden (Love Lockdown Remix) (Chew Fu House Mix)"]
- Sir Smurf Lil' ft. Jehst "El-Oh-En" (prod. by Apa-Tight) [Bonus Beats: "Nature Bites" (prod. by Apa-Tight) & "Back At You" (prod. by Beat Butcha)]
- Eyezon "When I Make It" [Bonus Beats: Eyezon "Lord Hold Me"]
- Murs ft. Latoiya Williams & Snoop Dogg "Time Is Now"
- Johnny Cash ft. Snoop Dogg "I Walk The Line (Remix)"
- Spec Boogie "Gettin' Up (Remix)" [Bonus Beats: Spec Boogie "Heartbeat (Remix)"]
- Black ELement ft. Jelani "Quiet Nights"
- Wordsmith "Park & Ride 2: The After Hours Edition" (prod. by Strada)
- Articulate "We Know All About You" [Bonus Beats: Articulate "Arab Money"]
- Dub ft. Jay F "Fashion Ave" (prod. by Cookin' Soul) [Bonus Beats: Dub "Green Light Freestyle"]
- Jahi "Freedom Freestyle"
- 1865 "Men From Space" (prod. by Kid Hum)
- Enig'ma "Fuck Off Part 1"
- Kanye West "Love Lockdown (J. Slikk Remix)"
- Joe Budden x Benzi "The Classic (The Kickdrums Remix)"
- John Legend ft. Andre3000 "Greenlight (Diplo Remix)" [Bonus Beats: Diplo & Buraka Som Sistema "Inna De Ghetto (Remix)"]
- James Pants "Ka$h (Trizzy & XXXChange Remix)"
- Katy Perry "I Kissed A Girl (Your Dirty HabiT Remix)" [Bonus Beats: Rockwell "Somebody's Watching Me (Your Dirty HabiT & TRiLLBASS Remix)"]
- Daft Punk vs. Adam Freeland "Aer OBAMA"
- Mustard Pimp "Zombie Revenge"
- Loxy & Resound "Typecast"
LATE PASS MASSIVE:
- LUKKI - C89.5 Guest Mix
- Still At War Album Sampler
- Argon Radio 14
- J-Love & The GZA Wordplay Master
- Myk Dyalek Chilla Than A Catipilla Mixtape
- Dutty Dubz Rumble In The Mix Vol. 1
- Boom Shottas, Part 3
- Stones Throw Podcast 38
- Dub MD & Illmind Blaps, Rhymes & Life Mixtape
- DJ Cable's Weekly Mix #33
- Crooked I The Block Obama Mixtape
- Mick Boogie x DJ Benzi x Neoteric Motivation 2
- BGDB Presents Da Incredible Rap Team Mix
Let's take it back to a joint that Cipha Sounds & Rosenberg played on their morning show this week, throwback that hits me everytime I heard it:
Slick Rick "Hey Young World"
Real words being spoken. My tri-state niggas, make sure you pack your umbrella (ella). Obama owns McCain TONIGHT! Chris Rock x Mayorga vs. Mosley Saturday night. Holla.
Kanye West "Love Lockdown (J. Slikk Remix)": Slikk had cats buggin' with his hilarious send-up of "Love Lockdown", but this one is forreal right now. While the vocal stays in tact, Slikk flips an instrumental that matches that merky, lost feeling that 'Ye's vocal invoked. Plays really well off of each other. Kind of a different side of Slikk that many might not be up on, which is a plus, showcasing dude's multi-faceted funk.
My homey Enigmatik, gearing up for Tuesday's release of D.I.R.T., has thrown together a massive mix - we're talking an hour and 45 minute heatrocket - of Heltah Skeltah and related joints. BCC heads, stand up!
Soldiers Gone Psycho
What's This Called?
Here We Come f/Boot Camp Clik
Fuck Dat Rapper
Da Beginning Of Da End
Feel The O's
Trading Places f/Boot Camp Clik
Onion Head f/Tek
Sean Price on Disrespek
The Art of Disrespekanization
Cardiac f/Buckshot, Ruste Juxx & Flood
Hostyle Takeover f/General Steele
Letha Brainz Blo
Niggery Ginger Bread
Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka f/O.G.C.
Da Beast Is Back
Mess You Made f/Block McCloud of Brooklyn Academy
Therapy f/Vinia Mojica
Operation Lockdown f/Buckshot
Everything Is Heltah Skeltah
D.I.R.T. (Another Boot Camp Clik Yeah Song)
So disgusting. We also wanna send some well-wishes to Buckshot, who is recuperating after suffering multiple seizures recently. Hold your head, chief.
Dub ft. Jay F "Fashion Ave" (prod. by Cookin' Soul): Not every day I get some new Cookin' Soul in my inbox. Shouts to Dub for keepin' the faucet open, letting these fresh flavors flowing freely (love that alliteration).
Bonus Beats: Dub "Green Light Freestyle"
Sir Smurf Lil' ft. Jehst "El-Oh-En" (prod. by Apa-Tight): Shouts to the Corin at Grindstone for sending some cuts from Sir Smurf Lil's forthcoming album, A New Bloodline, which drops on November 3rd. This cut in particular has been getting massive props from IDJ, ATM and Hip-Hop Connection, as well as getting the rinse from DJ MK. Big tings.
Bonus Beats: "Nature Bites" (prod. by Apa-Tight) & "Back At You" (prod. by Beat Butcha)
001. Lil Jon “Introduction”
002. Biggie Smalls “Juicy (Benzi Refix)”
003. Pitbull & Lil Jon “Krazy”
004. Felli Fel, Ludacris, & Akon “Buck In Here (Villians Remix)”
005. T-Pain “Can’t Believe It (B-Flat Remix)”
006. Chromeo “Fancy Footwork (Crookers Remix)”
007. ATB “Til I Come”
008. David Guetta “Love Is Gone (Mano Remix)”
009. Donnis “Party Works (1 Fish 2 Fish Remix)”
010. Kid Cudi “Day N Nite (B-Flat Remix)”
011. Nacho Lovers “Acid Life”
012. Marvin Gaye “Give it Up (Sizzahands Remix)”
013. Prince “1999 (Rock-It Scientists Remix)”
014. Steve Angello & Laidback Luke “Be (Riz Remix)”
015. Paul Johnson “She Got Me On (Neoteric Edit)”
016. Skepta “Rolex Sweep”
017. Bangers & Cash “Digital Pussy (Kid Color Remix)”
018. The Supremes “Keep Hangin On (Emynd Remix)”
019. John Legend & Andre 3000 “Green Light (Diplo Remix)”
020. Thunderheist “Jerk It (Nacho Lovers Remix)”
021. Surkin & Chromeo “Chrome Knight”
022. Tag Team & Jay-Z “Whoomp There It Is (League Crew Remix)”
023. EPMD “Run It (Sinden Remix)”
024. Thundercatz “3am (Klever Remix)”
025. Busta Rhymes & Chic “Dancing King (Terry Urban Remix)”
026. Treasure Fingers & 6th Sense “Cross The Dancefloor (Curses Remix)”
027. Jelani “Let’s Dance (Durkin Remix)”
028. Kickdrums & Prydz “Love Is A Drug (Apt One Remix)”
029 Mstrkrft & Marky “Bounce (Mansion Remix)”
030. Fly Union “Jackin My Fresh (Mick Boogie Mix)”
031. Idle Warship “Steady”
032. Kardinal Offishall & JDavey “Digital Motown”
033. Kanye West “Homecoming (Discotech Remix)”
034. Fully Fitted “Roll It”
035. Fake Blood “Mars (Player Player Remix)”
036. The-Dream “I Luv Your Girl (Chaise Remix)”
037. Goldrocc & Svelt St. “The Right Way”
038. Rye Rye & Krames “Get Familar”
039. Will.I.Am & Kanye West “Impatient Boy (Benzi Refix)”
040. Clipse “Fast Life (Bird Peterson Remix)”
041. Clipse “When The Last Time (Risk One Remix)”
042. Busta Rhymes & Pharrell “Light Your Ass (Switch Remix)”
043. Earth Wind & Fire “Groove Tonight (Redhead Kingpin & The FBI Remix)”
044. Pilot “Magic (Mykill Remix)”
045. Lord Tariq & Peter Gunz “Deja Vu (Bomberman Remix)”
046. DJ Kool “Keep Making Noise (Nadastorm Remix)”
047. Smoke & Mirrors “Insane”
048. Trackademiks “Enjoy What You Do (Flosstradamus Remix)”
049. Tittsworth & The Federation “Drunk As What (Top Billin Remix)”
050. Enur “Calabria (Deeq Remix)”
051. Groove Armada “Get Down”
052. Bel Biv Devoe “Poison (Gant-man Remix)”
053. 504 Boyz “I Can Tell (Top Billin Remix)”
054. Lil Wayne “The Beat Build (Bird Peterson Remix)”
055. Lil Jon “Outroduction”
Get your freak on.
Articulate "We Know All About You": That nigga Artic goes political on this one. Can't help it - no matter how much I am gung-ho about Barack, it's hard to think the government will change overnight. It won't, nahmean... but the revolution starts now! Really lurching feel to this beat btw - got the crazy percussion in it. I think most niggas WISH they could fuck with beats like this.
Bonus Beats: Articulate "Arab Money"
Black ELement ft. Jelani "Quiet Nights": In place of a completed A Major Minority, Black EL has hooked up this Jelani-assisted album cut. No word on the official release of AMM, but I'm a patient nigga, and I'd rather get a certified heatrock than something the artist didn't feel 100% confident about.
Katy Perry "I Kissed A Girl (Your Dirty HabiT Remix)": Posted this for a few reasons: 1, Katy Perry is kind of fly, and I've been dying for an excuse to post her chest on RTD. 2, I have been on a Club/Electro roll for a bit. 3, for the bonus beat...
Via Penned Madness.
Bonus Beats: Rockwell "Somebody's Watching Me (Your Dirty HabiT & TRiLLBASS Remix)"
I'm not the biggest fan of MTV/VH1 competition reality shows, save for the ego trip bits, and the ladies from Flavor of Love 3. Anyways, I got hooked on From G's To Gents, just for the sheer hilarity of some of the guys picked for the show (come on, Pretty Ricky?). I remember watching E6 and "The Truth" go at it on day one, and E6 kicking a 16 for Irv Gotti at the wrong time. I didn't really think he'd last until the end, but he made it pretty far before being dismissed by Bentley. Then, the suckerpunch heard 'round the 'Net emerged the other day. I guess E6 saw my post, and hit me out of the blue for an interview, so I figured, let's get this going...
khal: First off, how does it feel to be just a dude from Brooklyn to a reality TV star in the span of a few months?
E6: Yeah man! Brooklyn in this shit! Well, first off, ya know I'm E6. Doing my music, reppin’ and CEO’ing 4Hire Ent! It’s a great feelin’! Like, I walk and see people and places I used to see on the reg, and now its pandemonium! Love it! Been ready for this since day one! I had countless jobs and hustles that made me learn and earn the shit I did and make E6. That transformation was crazy, cuz I'm laid back in BKLYN, just hanging and I get phone calls that I'm on MTV on the commercial, and that was the blast off point! Ya heard!
khal: You made it kind of close towards winning From G's To Gents. Were you pissed when you were let go so close to the final?
E6: I mean I wasn't pissed but more disappointed in the show and Bentley's desicion. Just glad to be apart of something new and exciting. The way I was edited was crazy! I said all that, but I also said a lot a lot of positive shit. Guess I was to be viewed by America on a whole other level!
khal: One of the funnier moments was you spitting for Irv Gotti. While I personally think it was bad timing, I respect that you felt you should spit anyways. Would you redo anything about that situation if you could?
E6: Hahaha! That was a fly ass episode! I mean, I had the three piece suit and the white Gucci loafers (killin’ ‘em). But besides that (lol) I'm glad you respect the grind on the shit! You know, a lot of people say they would do this and that, but it’s what you do with your moment that counts! I wrote those 16 bars like 3 years back, and then all the sudden I run into Irv Gotti. The man responsible for DMX, Jay-Z, and Ja-Rule to Def Jam Records. Like, you don't have to like him, but respect his hustle. But yeah! The lesson was over, and we walkin’ out and I turned around and told Irv that I need to speak. I just started spitting my “What If” 16 and I did. Come to find out, I get played wit’ crickets and cut off from it. They (51 Mindz) only showed 2 bars, and it was fire bars too! But I would never regret doing anything!
khal: Speaking of your rapping, break down how long you've been writing? Do you have any plans to release mixtapes or albums in the near future?
E6: 6!!! I been rappin’ since a young age. Now, I started doing music at the age of 15. Freestyling and just bullshittin'. Then it got at a serious point when I started writing down bars. I used to write down mad bars. Then I learned what a verse is. That changed everything. I used to think that a bar was two bars. So I would have 32 bars for a verse, so it’s easier now! But I write about what life in this world is about on every occasion.
khal: Now with all of that said, one might think that you were solely trying to get on this program to get your name out there. Keep it funky: is there any truth to those notions?
E6: Hell yeah!!! I mean I'm from Brooklyn, going from job to job and doing my grind to get ahead and then this show pops up! Yeah, I’ma use it to the fullest. And if you don't then you gonna be used, abused and bruised!!!
khal: In the matter of 48 hours, the video of Kesan stealing you has made the rounds all over the 'Net. How do you feel about you getting suckerpunched being such a hot topic on various blogs and internet sites?
E6: Hahhahaha! Ah man! That sucker ass hit! It is what it is. I was spitting fire bars and didn't see anybody around me. Then I'm in the zone and get hit sideways! Nah mean! It’s nothing! I been hit harder sideways! I'm from Brooklyn, we scrap all day!!! I mean I got hit, rocked, suckerpunched, mouth torn off, got wires in my mouth, couldn't finish the reunion show, I fell, broke my lip, had a black eye and some stiches all over! Ya happy! LMAO! Man this is nothing! I do this all day.
khal: What happened in that situation that we didn't see - I saw that Kesan said he was pulled back by security, with you coming after him?
E6: LOL! Man I’ma let you know. The video says it all. If you look at it and come up wit your own assumption, it’s on you. I hear shit here and there, I hear haters and they bullshit. It’s nothing! I don't make excuses. Just facts. I get hit and 0.5 [seconds] I'm already on the chase, ya dig! No doubt the whole slow-mo shit took [it] out off proportion but that's TV for you. If you seen the show, I ain’t gotta scratch on me! Like look at me! I had the best opportunity to break him, but I went up to him and told him what I felt. He knows I could’ve hit him on that spot. But I am a MAN of my word and I handled it like a true gentleman! Fuck what ya haters say, I listen tho!
khal: Kesan also said that you guys are cool - is that true? I would imagine someone stealing me, with it not only on tape but being distributed all over, would be some shit I couldn't live down! How are you feeling about this situation?
E6: I did leave the situation with the suckertap in LA. We spoke and I told him the shit was nothing! National TV! I love it! Like, people, they don't shoot fairs or I was “caught slippin’” is all laughter to me. I'm the easiest nigga to find. My name E6. Esickz. Esix. Like, Google the kid! It’s nothing! Ask me any question I got u! I'm too tall to see any distractions!
khal: As anyone who followed the show remembers, Kesan's temper within the house was the driving force behind his being kicked out the house. How real was the concern or fear that you guys had towards Kesan? Do you think he is capable of merking someone in their sleep?
E6: I ain’t gonna sit here and pop shit all day! Within the house I wasn't feared by anyone. Not Kesan, Creepa, D-Boy or none! I said in that episode that if he stay, I ain’t gonna sleep. I live in the hood; I'm not just from there! He would stay and shit would’ve been the same as how it was. I never spoke behind niggaz’ backs without telling them everything I say first!
khal: Being a father myself, I have to ask: you came on the show as a self-proclaimed "deadbeat dad", and I felt for you, seeing your son reject you on TV like that. What's your situation like now - have you been seeing your kids since you left the show?
E6: Hell yeah my niggz! I be with my kids a lot more often than usual. Funny, I did say the whole “deadbeat” cuz I was. I used to see them here and there, but never gave ‘em my 100%. Now they have all of me. I love ‘em and they are a major reason why I deaded the issue wit Kesan. I have to show them and the world that even tho I went to the show for $$$, I left as a better man, son and father! Had to show them that Dad has their back, instead of worrying bout other shit. I did the “bad dad” shit, too, cuz I wanted niggaz in the hood to see that somebody is from the real world (no pun intended) is out there and exposing his life out there for ya to see! In the words of Jay-Z "Hov did that so hopefully, you won't go through that"! Hope all y’all learned that your child will always love you as much as you love them. So if they don't like you, then its cuz you ain’t try. Which brings me to my son: he was tired and cranky. Period!
khal: Before we wrap this up, let me ask: what MCs or producers are you feeling these days? Any cats not getting shine that should be?
E6: Wow. MCs I'm feeling is a first ESICKZ! (E6). Ummmm, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Kanye, Jeezy, Wayne, Diddy, D-Block, Dipset,T-Pain, T.I., Luda, Uncle Murda, Maino, Fab, Red Cafe, NYC music, period. Producers: Kanye, Just Blaze, Diddy, Jermaine Dupri, Heatmakers, Timbaland, Dre, Eminem, and all the underground MCs and producers - holla back my niggaz. I ain’t Hollywood. I do this shit for real. So holla boi!
khal: Thanks for hitting me up and taking the time out to do this interview. Kick some shout outs and final thoughts...
E6: Shout to you and your website, big shout to my 4Hire Ent! 4s up! Check out my music on my MySpace page and my "I Am On MTV" page. Shouts to everybody holding me down (ya know what I'm talking bout). Shout to my niggz D-Boy and Creepa and the rest of the crew! Shout to all my blacks and latinos out there going threw the struggle! Shout to the white people showing love. My West Indian crew people! Contact me! Ayo khal! Holla back and to my kids and family and supporters: I love ya!
For more info on From G's To Gents, hit up the show's website.
1. Keep Them At Bay
3. One On One
4. Spare Hearts
5. Bending Glass
6. Hey You
7. Mr. Don't Break It
8. Becoming A Machine
9. Hollow The Leader
11. We May Not Be That Different After All
Should be something great. Be on the lookout for this one when it drops Sept. 30th!
Been waiting for this edition of Metal Lungies' Beat Drop series to come out. Had to drop some science on my favorite RZA cuts, and I love the way this piece came out. Contributions from myself, alongside heads like 88 Keys, Enigmatik, Statik Selektah, Marco Polo, Aeon, Zilla Rocca, Jerry L. Barrow and a host of others! Shouts to buhizzle & AaronM for the opportunities.
previous: Kanye West \ Large Professor \ J Dilla
Diplo & Buraka Son Sistema "Inna De Ghetto (Remix)": I'm not the biggest club anthem head, but tracks like this? I used to hear this as a shorty blastin' out of cars on Saturday nights. Diplo and Buraka Son Sistema team up to revamp this classic. Both are featured on Hollertronix #9, which is available from Turntablelab.
Shouts to Benja Styles for hitting me with his latest mixtape, which is hosted by E Ness (who is battling Mysonne this Saturday; catch all of the craziness over on WSOHH starting at 5PM). Exclusive E Ness material x Benja Styles remixes x fire from the 215 = definite spins in my hood.
1.E NESS INTRO
2.E NESS "I GOT NEXT"
3.PEEDI CRAKK "MORE TOWELS"
4.CASSIDY "HOW REAL IS THIS"
5.CYSSERO "SWAG IT OUT"
6.E NESS & OSCHINO "JAMES BROWN"
7.YOUNG CHRIS & OMILIO SPARKS FREESTYLE
8.JAKK FROST "I LIKE IT"
9. FREEWAY "A2B"
10.WALE ft YOUNG CHRIS, FREEWAY, BEANIE SIGEL "CYPHR 08" (PRODUCED BY DRE & VIDAL)
11.E NESS "TIME"
12.GAGE "LOOK IN THE MIRROR"
13.E NESS INTERLUDE #1
14.DJ L ft JUNIOR REID, SHEEK LOUCH & CASSIDY "TAKE IT TO THE TOP"
15.CASSIDY "APPLY PRESSURE"
16. TONE TRUMP "THUG'N"
17.E NESS "YOU DON'T KNOW ME"
18.JAKK FROST, PEEDI CRAKK, YOUNG HOT, TANA DA BEAST "DO IT FOR YA'LL"
19.MIKE KNOX "FLIP A CLIP"
20.GILLIE DA KID "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
21.JAKK FROST "RIDE ON YA'LL"
22.E NESS "U DON'T WANNA BATTLE ME"
23.YOUNG CHRIS "BULLETS" (BENJA STYLES MIX)
24.FREEWAY "WHY NOT"
25.MIKKEY HALSTED ft GILLIE DA KID & AB LIVA "TILL I DIE"
26.E NESS INTERLUDE #2
27.VIC DAMONE ft CASSIDY "DID THAT"
28.E NESS "ALL OUT WAR"
29.YOUNG CHRIS & NEEF "STEP YOUR GRIND UP" (BENJA STYLES MIX)
30.E NESS "THE THUG IN ME"
31.E NESS "I'M IN RARE FORM
32.JAKK FROST, OSCHINO, YOUNG HOT, N.H. "WE RIDIN"
33.JAZMINE SULLIVAN "BUST THE WINDOWS" (LADIES RECORD)
34.E NESS OUTRO
I won't lie, I watched From G's To Gents, and I did think that cat Kesan got booted out on some bullshit. He fucked up, because his temper be crazy, but I think they played up their "fear" a bit too much on some bitch shit to get him removed. Now, I didn't know video like this existed, but this is clearly E6 rapping for some camera, and Kesan rollin' in the background and sneakin' E6:
WOW! I wonder how this happened? Kesan has connects in the industry - did he set E6 up to be in a spot where he knew he could get him? Someone hit me with some info on this one!
EDIT: It looks like this took place backstage at MTV Studios, during the taping of the From G's To Gents reunion special? E6 shoulda known - he tried to kick his bars for Irv Gotti and looked like a fool, why he thinks MTV was trying to hear that is beyond me! How did I not know about the reunion show!?!?
Sommore speaking on the beauty of Rap, from her The Queen Stands Alone DVD:
Always gotta show some love to my fellow Trentonians. I believe this was shown on Comedy Central the other day - I DVR'd it, but haven't sat down with it as of yet. In any case, this drops on September 30th via Code Black Entertainment; pre-order from Amazon NOW!
I brought you Day 1 yesterday, now here's Day 2:
Cotdamn. Why they are doing the mambo to Sir Mix-A-Lot is beyond me, though.
2. Rappers Ain’t Shit
3. A Millie Freestyle prod. by Komplex
5.I’m Cold ft. G Malone and Hard Head
7.Straightin’ it Out ft. Sauce da Boss
8. Hard on da Blvd
9. Stronger Freestyle
10. Circle Gnag ft. Horse Shoe Gang prod. by Jim Gettum
11. Freak [NC-17] Prod. by KG
12. W’s Down prod. by Komplex
13. New West Baby ft. Coniyac
14. Signs ft. One-2 prod. by Komplex
15. Lift em Up ft. Nino Bless
16. Horse Shoe Gang Freestyle
17. Swagga Like Crook prod. by Komplex
18. What’s Hip-Hop?
19. Fast Money
20. Welcome to My City
21. [Bounus track] I’m a Problem ft. S.C.
Via Nah Right. DJs, get on this one.
01. Chaka Demus & Pliers – Murder She Wrote
02. Beenie Man Feat. Ms. Thing – Dude (Remix)
03. Baby Cham – Vitamin S
04. Kardinal Offishall – Lay Lay
05. Sean Paul – Infiltrate
06. Beenie Man – Who Am I
07. Red Rat – Oh No
08. Sean Paul – Deport Them
09. Mr. Vegas – Heads High
10. General Degree – Traffic Blocking
11. Sean Paul – No Bligh
12. Tanto Metro & Devonte – Everyone Falls In Love
13. Sean Paul – Like Glue
14. Beenie Man – Miss Lap
15. Notch – Nuttin No Go So
16. Sean Paul – Gimme The Light
17. Elephant Man – Haters Wanna War
18. Sizzla – Pump Up
19. Wayne Wonder – No Letting Go
20. Lumidee – Never Leave You (Uh Oh)
21. Sean Paul – Get Busy
22. Bling Dawg – Badman Forward Badman Pull Up
23. Vybz Kartel – Street Pharmacist
24. Mr. Vegas – Hot F*k
25. Elephant Man – Willie Bounce
26. Sean Paul – Breakout
27. Sean Paul – Straight Up
28. Kardinal Offishall Feat. Akon – Kill The Dance
29. Sean Paul – Feel Alright
30. Busy Signal – Step Out
31. Vybz Kartel – School Bus
32. Mavado – Wah Dem Ah Do
Enig'ma "Fuck Off Part 1": Shouts to the Perfection Music family for sending this one over. This is the single from the forthcoming Make Em Look For Me Volume 2 mixtape. I have days where I'm just like "fuck off" to the whole world, my niggas know what I'm talking about. "You niggas can't say shit to me" should be my mantra. Enig'ma, hit me with more of your music, nigga!
PS: I told you guys Chi-town fucks with rock the dub; here's more from that Chi-town underground.
1865 "Men From Space" (prod. by Kid Hum): Shouts to the boy Kid Hum for hitting me with this one. 1865 has that paranoia thing down pat on the mic, and Hum's twinklin' piano is the perfect accent to his rhymes. Throw this one on in the middle of your blunt cipher and zone for four and a half...
Michael Moore's Slacker Uprising is available online... for free. Word is this is the first full length feature film to be given away for free and legal online. I also am hearing that this is only being given away to residents in the United States & Canada (how that works is beyond me). Hit up SlackerUprising.com right now to stream the whole jammy for free, or hit up the following options to download it:
DOWNLOAD: .MP4 (torrent) \ .AVI (torrent) \ .MOV
You can also cop the Collector's Edition DVD with extras for $9.95. Really a sweet deal, no matter how you slice it. Shouts to Moore for doing this. I'll be dloading it tonight!
previous: [video] Slacker Uprising Trailer
01.) Get Ya Ass Up! (Intro) (Produced By Illmind)
02.) Heltah Skeltah - Everything Is Heltah Skeltah (Produced By Illmind)
03.) Brooklyn Academy - Raise Ya Hands (feat. Jean Grae) (Produced By Illmind)
04.) Fresh Daily - Get Over (Produced By Illmind)
05.) D. Black - The Come Up (feat. Skyzoo) (Produced By Illmind)
06.) 50 Cent - Make A Movie (Produced By Illmind)
07.) Supastition - Thankful (feat. Kil Ripkin) (Produced By Illmind)
08.) Naturel - The Bullets (Produced By Illmind)
09.) K.O. (K-Otix) - 48 Seasons (Produced By Illmind)
10.) Torae - New Blood (feat. Skyzoo, Emilio Rojas & Fresh Daily) (Produced By Illmind)
11.) Fortilive - The Come Up (Produced By Illmind)
12.) Broken English - Different World (Produced By Illmind)
13.) Skyzoo - Lyrically Inclined (feat. Wale) (Produced By Illmind)
14.) Naps N Dreds - Do What I Should (feat. Copywrite) (Produced By Illmind)
15.) Quan - Geez Like Deez (feat. Rapper Big Pooh) (Produced By Illmind)
16.) Naturel - Resurrect (Produced By Illmind)
17.) 8th W1 - A Fool's Lullaby (Produced By Illmind)
18.) Faro-Z - Clap Ya Hands (Produced By Illmind)
19.) A.P.E.X. - One More Time (Produced By Illmind)
20.) LL Cool J - Queens (feat. Prodigy, 50 Cent, Kool G Rap, & Tony Yayo) (Produced By Illmind)
21.) Wannabe? (Outro) (Produced By Illmind)
Illmind's currently-untitled album is on the way...
Here's the trailer for Let's Get Free: The Black August Hip Hop Project, featuring performance and interview footage from Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, dead prez and more.
The Black August Hip Hop Project strives to promote human rights though supporting and influencing the global development of Hip Hop culture. By facilitating exchanges between international communities where Hip Hop is a vital part of youth culture, they promote awareness about the social and political issues that affect our global communities. Their vision is to bring culture and politics together and to allow them to naturally evolve into a unique Hip Hop consciousness that informs our collective struggle for a more just, equitable and human world. This film documents the movement through a series of interviews and performances with hip hop artists and key members of the black activist movement.
Check it out:
Jahi "Freedom Freestyle": Jahi is part of that new breed, part of that PE 2.0 project, fully endorsed by Chuck D, Flavor Flav, Griff and all of those heads. This is the first single from that project. More info on this track over on SLAMjamz. OS76 also interviewed Jahi back in August, its a great read and proper intro into this cat.
Wordsmith "Park & Ride 2: The After Hours Edition" (prod. by Strada): I brought you "Park & Ride" back in April, and just got hit with the fresh new edition. Although it's the first day of Fall, it's still nice enough to take the top down and vibe out to cuts like this. Get those last few rides in before the frigid air hits! Shouts to Words and Strada for another one...