Saturday, April 12, 2008
Two things: 1) isn't this song called "Leather So Soft", and 2) Rizoh thinks Weezy needs a special gift for his guitar work.
Word is, after this performance, Weezy drowned in a tub of that drank.
Bonus Beats: Lil' Wayne "Lisa Marie" (via Nah Right)
Props to Enigmatik for the link.
Props to Aaron on this one.
ROFL @ that "gay parade" bit. Word up, Eli Porter for VP of the world. Rosie O'Donnell at a bisexual bridal shower? If he didn't keep fucking up, he would have won, hands down.
EDIT: Eli Porter Fan Club on Facebook.
"Railings (2008 re-edit)"
Not bad so far - you can hear the fatter break on this one, with a few synth notes being played under Dynamite's rhymes. The tempo feels a bit slower than I remember the original to be, but that doesn't deter from the cut at all.
"Brown Paper Bag (2008 re-edit)"
You remember this one, right? The video is epic. Again, this one has a crispier feel to it, with some harder drums added underneath. The subtle differences (the random bleeps thrown in, echoes thrown on Dynamite MC's rhymes, etc.) seem unnecessary, this track is vivid enough for those tweaks, but again, I'm with it so far.
"New Forms (2008 re-edit)"
This is where things get kind of confusing. I fucking KNOW this one is slower than the original, and it comes off feeling awkward. It's damn near Breaks-esque, with Bahamadia's rhymes coming across too slow over the track. Wrong move, this one worked so much more when her vocals attacked that faster beat. Side note: did you know that she didn't record her rhymes with Roni? She actually got the info from Size, did her vocals, but when the tape came to Roni, she mispronounced his name... Sykes instead of Size. I forget where I read that, always made me laugh though.
"Let's Get It On (2008 re-edit)"
And then what does Roni do? He takes my FAVORITE cut from the album, and turns it into an interlude. This whole thing about this track is the calm before that frantic storm when the beat drops. But we miss that. Guess he had to make room for something better?
"Trust Me (2008 re-edit)"
Anthem status. This one has been mashing down raves for a long-ass time. It was a staple in '97, and I remember like 4, 5 years ago, it re-emerged, for good reason. Simple melody that murks the crowd. This one is kept relatively unscathed, which is nice.
"Digital (2008 re-edit)"
I was never that big on this cut, but it actually works very well with the new coat of paint on it. Hasn't aged badly at all.
"Matter Of Fact (2008 re-edit)"
This is a classic, and I'm glad he hasn't toyed with this one either. When you want to talk about one of the things that drew me into DnB, it was the manipulation of the breakbeat. This one sounds like Max Roach or someone doing an extended solo, and those classic V/Full Cycle atmosphere sounds always got me. Special sleeper cut.
"Heroes (2008 re-edit)"
When I listen to this re-edit, I keep thinking about DJ Die's "Drop Bear". I really don't remember how the original one sounded, but this cut could get released today and still mash down the liquid crowd.
"Share The Fall (2008 re-edit)"
Another epic cut, "Share The Fall" is all about that big vocal. Roni really just threw a new sheen on a ton of these cuts, which definitely sounds better than what many fans thought this would sound like. I think people were expecting Roni to retwerk these in his newer style, but he definitely stayed true to the originals, for more or less.
"Heart To Heart"
The first of the new cuts is my favorite new cut. This is pure downtempo, jazzy mood music. That sample is pure genius. Loads of emotion gets built into this one, as well... once that sample hits, its orgasmic. Trust we.
"Less Is More"
Unfortunately, more is what this cut needs. Another trip in a Break-y territory, instrumental cut is funky, yes, but doesn't seem to fit into the vibe of what's been established so far. Too funk/electro for this set, in my opinion.
"Down (2008 re-edit)"
Back to the nasty, vocal-driven cuts. I love when this one gets funky. So raw, rugged and refreshing.
"Hi Potent (2008 re-edit)"
This is one I forgot about. I remember the double bass in this, harkening to "Brown Paper Bag" a bit, but that vintage V bassdrop in this was something I guess I forgot about. Big big tune.
"Don't Hold Back"
The new single. Roni trying to recreate today's Hip-Hop production, I guess? Dynamite does his thing on the mic, but this just doesn't even fit into the scope of what this album was about, at all. Disappointing choice.
"Beatbox (2008 re-edit)"
When I made my corny mixtapes, I used to use this as an interlude. I love how they totally re-created a DnB track vocally. So impressive.
This is cool, definitely sounds dope, although I think it would be cooler in concert than it is on CD.
"Destination (2008 re-edit)"
I love that sax sample. It's so simple, but so damn effective. True jazz right there. And he didn't muddy this one up that much. I always loved this being the final cut.
All in all, while I am not totally disappointed in how Roni handled this project, I think it wasn't necessary. For the most part, the re-edits aren't that diverse or special to truly necessitate a release. And I get it, this is a landmark album in Drum & Bass history, but why not do like true landmark albums do, especially in the Jazz world: why not release a deluxe edition, say a 3 disc thing. Make it where the full original release is spanned over the first two discs, and the third can be a mixture of remixes/B-sides/alternate takes - hell, even throw the newer tracks on there, if need be. Don't go in, throw some new clothes on these older tracks and expect the masses to gobble it up. In reality, what this disc does is make me want to listen to the original more (which I COULD if I hadn't loaned it to this chick I used to cop weed off of). Maybe I should buy that instead of this...
rock the dub gives New Forms² 3 out of 5 stars. While it is a treat to hear these classic cuts polished with a new shine, this should have been called New Forms Revisited. Note to Roni: those new tracks are NOT enough to make someone cop this.
Burn Deez: "Heart To Heart", "Destination (2008 re-edit)", "Trust Me (2008 re-edit)", "Hi Potent (2008 re-edit)"
New Forms² is available NOW via Play. For more info on Roni Size and Reprazent, check out the Full Cycle Records website.
Bonus Beats: "Don't Hold Back", LIVE in Milan (Feb. 2008)
Excerpts from their gig at The Scala (London):
Friday, April 11, 2008
They stay fuckin' with Whoo Kid.
[video] Out Of Character with Reg E. Cathey
[video] Out Of Character with Tristan Wilds
[video] Out Of Character with Andre Royo
[video] Out Of Character with Tristan Wilds
[video] Out Of Character with Andre Royo
Hopefully there's a volume 2!
UGK Records stand up!
Bonus Beats: Hezeleo "So Sensitive" / Hezeleo "Don't Touch Me Freestyle"
previous: [video] Ying Yang Twins "Drop" (Making Of)
previous: [video] Out Of Character with Andre Royo
1. Cant Ya Tell - Red Café, Hot Rod, Trazz, Murphy Lee & Jay Rock (DJ Noodles)
2. Lets Pray – Juelz Santana & Lil Wayne
3. Hip Hop Cant Save Me – Young Buck
4. Freestyle - Chance
5. Oceans Seven – State Property
6. Hunt em Down – T.I.
7. Fast Car Remix – Wyclef Feat. Lupe Fiasco
8. Fresh Out The Gate – 151 Feva Gang
9. Am I In The Right Game – Styles P
10. Who Hotter Than Me - Plies
11. Fresh – Reed Dollaz
12. Lollipop Freestyle – Chance
13. Head Noddin – Ludacris feat Block Xchange (DJ Pharris)
14. Big Baller – Mack 10 ft Glasses Malone & Red Cafe
15. Splurge – 151 Feva Gang
16. Live In Effect – State Property
17. Stack Money - Juelz Santana feat Jim Jones & Rabbi
18. Stay Together – Ludacris
19. Stuntin is a Habit – David Banner feat Chris Brown & Chance
20. Big Wheels - Ransom
21. Gangsta – Juice feat Bun B
22. I Got Money – Young Buck
23. Fresh Out – Brisco
24. Heart Weeps Gently – AC
25. Hot Commodity – Trina feat Rick Ross
leaks of tha week!
- 50 Cent "Liar, Liar" [Bonus Beats: 50 Cent ft. Spider Loc "Liar, Liar (Remix)"]
- Young Buck "It's Not OK" [Bonus Beats: "I Got Money" & "Hip-Hop Can't Save My Life"]
- Lil' Wayne ft. Static Major "Lollipop (Guitar Version)" (CDQ) [Bonus Beats: Lil' Wayne "Lollipop (DJ B-Stee Remix)"]
- G-Unit "Grimey"
- The Game ft. Black Wall Street & Omar Cruz "Our Turn" (G-Unit Dis) [Bonus Beats: The Game "Nigga With An Attitude 2"]
- Usher ft. T.I. & Young Jeezy "Love In This Club (Remix)"
- Cherish ft. Jermaine Dupri & Kid Slim "Killa (Remix)"
- Cassie "Official Girl"
- Nicole Scherzinger "Rio"
- R. Kelly "Hairbraider" [No DJ/CDQ]
- Ray J ft. Lil' Kim "I Like To Trick (Remix)"
- Duke Da God ft. Juelz Santana, Cam'ron & T.I. "Royalty (Crown Me)"
- Juelz Santana ft. Jim Jones & Rabbi "Stack Money"
- Jim Jones ft. Juelz Santana "Splash"
- Juelz Santana & Lil' Wayne "Let Us Pray" [No DJ]
- Chamillionaire "Buttons"
- Stat Quo ft. B.O.B. "My Ride (Double Bubble)"
- The Dino 5 "What About 10"
- J-Live "Be No Slave" [Bonus Beats: J-Live ft. Posdnuous & Oddisee "The Upgrade"]
- Keith Murray "Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful"
- EPMD "Run It"
- AZ ft. Twista "Body Rock"
- Amanda Diva "Windows Over Harlem"
- Elucid "Black Cat Orgy"
- AC ft. Trife Da God "Trapped On The Island" (prod. by Mental Instruments) [dirty / clean] [Bonus Beats: Mariah Carey ft. AC "That Chick (Remix)"]
- Bobby Creekwater "Fucking Up My Cool" (prod. by The Alchemist)
- Trick Trick "Fuck The Police" (prod. by DJ Denox)
- Trae "Watch Ova Momma" (prod. by Trac Kings)
- The Cool Kids "Oscar" [Bonus Beats: The Cool Kids ft. Hollywood Holt "88 (Remix)"]
- Mickey Factz ft. The Cool Kids "Rockin' & Rollin' (Remix)" [Bonus Beats: Mickey Factz ft. Curtis Santiago "Automatic"]
- Foul Mouth Jerk "Culture Of Life" [Bonus Beats: Foul Mouth Jerk ft. MURS & G. Cutty "The Hard Part (Remix)"]
- Truth Universal ft. stic.man "What It's Bout" (prod. by Bass Heavy)
- Hezekiah ft. Freeway "That Filling"
- DJ Rerok ft. Ras Kass, Doo Wop, DV Alias Khrist & Termanology "The Corner"
- Youngbloodz "Ridin' Thru Atlanta"
- Willie Tha Kid "Splendid!"
- Movado "She Seh Fiya"
- Junior Reid ft. Dre "Don't Play Me" (prod. by Cool & Dre)
- Cocoa Tea "Barack Obama"
- Shala "Audacity Of Hope"
- Romeo ft. Akon "Get Low With It"
- Sav Killz ft. Ali Vegas "Fresh Gutta" (prod. by Keelay)
- Lala ft. The Game "Sprung On A Thug"
- Mahagani ft. The Game "DJ (Stand Over There)"
- Bloodsport ft. Styles P "Stay Back" (prod. by The Runners)
- Nicki Minaj & Lil' Wayne "Big Spender"
- Jay Bezel ft. Lil' Wayne "Fresh Dressed"
- Bubba Sparxxx ft. Dirt Reynalds & 66 2440 "Beatin' Down Da Block"
- Rob Grimes "Get By Freestyle (Tekzilla)"
- Wordsmith ft. Kontact & Black Knight "Word's Signing Day Freestyle"
- Wiz Khalifa "Boss Freestyle"
- Shareefa & Willy Northpole "Diamond Girl"
- T Bird & Duly ft. Max B & Young French "We Millionaires"
- Dame Grease ft. Bigga Threat & Loose Cannons "Lotzilla"
- Muja Messiah "Gangsta Shit" (prod. by Mr. Khalyl)
- Custom Made "Murderous Speech" (prod. by Frank Dukes)
- Panama ft. Flawless "Keep My Paper Runnin'" [Bonus Beats: Panama "Tuff Times"]
- Pugs Atomz "You And Me"
- Novel "Hold On (Prison Song)"
- Misomner(s) "Special MSG"
- TeeJay "Hard To Find"
- Loot "Fresh"
- M.O.E. Betta "See Me In Da Club"
- Team Afficial "Afficially Mobbin'"
- Black Thought "1994 WPPW Radio Freestyle"
- PRGz "Bama Getting Money (Diplo Remix)"
Come and get'cha late pass!:
- rock the dub radio: episode 018
- DJ Cable's Weekly Mix #11
- RiotControl Eleven
- Madlib Live at Hella International
- Tomorrow's Not Enough LP Sampler
- Decay The Unlikely Villian Mixtape
- Smog Presents Smokescreen EP
- Tyga No Introduction - The Series: April 10th
Speaking to the boy Elucid earlier, who hit me with this funny ass link, made us realize how ill Busta Rhymes was, and, with his "Don't Touch Me" cut out there blazin' the airwaves, how our faith is possibly restored. In regular playlist tradition, peep this video, one of Busta's oddest and illest of all time:
Busta Rhymes "Gimme Some More"
Have a good weekend!
related: Wu-Tang in NYC, circa 1992 (via BGDB)
You can't make this shit up. I love how ignorant ass gang bangers think that proper upbringing involves gang ties. Then again, the kid is 4, and pops is 19, so we're in a situation where ignorant-ass babies are potentially rearing more ignorant-ass babies. Talk about the circle of life!
The end cap is, this cat is now in jail - does that mean the kid is now a Crip? And what is a Westside Baller, anyways?
Shouts to my wifey for the link.
DOWNLOAD [mediafire \ zshare]
2. Exquisite feat. Lil Wayne & Gata
3. Google Me Remix w/ Teyanna Taylor
4. Summer Girl feat. K-dot, Gata & Q
5. Know Ya Self Out Freestyle
6. Get With This
7. X-mas story
8. Dey Know Freestyle
9. Rotten Mind
11. Bless You
12. Tyga's world
EDIT: Just got some more info on this mixtape; this is actually the first in a two-part series. This dropped on April 10th, and the 2nd tape drops on May 10th, leading up to Tyga's No Introduction debut album which drops on, you guessed it, June 10th. Dude is currently on a school tour with the Gym Class Heroes & Kidz In The Hall, and actually hits my area on Saturday:
April, 11 2008 08:00 PM - University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA)
April, 12 2008 08:00 PM - Rider University (Lawrenceville, NJ)
April, 13 2008 08:00 PM - Washington College (Chestertown, MD)
April, 16 2008 08:00 PM - University of Missouri-St. Louis (St. Louis, MO)
April, 17 2008 08:00 PM - Wayne State University (Detroit, MI)
April, 18 2008 08:00 PM - Ohio Wesleyan University (Delaware, OH)
April, 19 2008 08:00 PM - Lock Haven University (Lock Haven, PA)
April, 20 2008 08:00 PM - Millersville University (Millersville, PA)
April, 24 2008 06:00 PM - George Mason University (Fairfax, VA)
April, 24 2008 08:00 PM - Wootton High School (Rockville, MD)
April, 25 2008 08:00 PM - Niagara University (Buffalo, NY)
April, 26 2008 06:00 PM - University of Hartford (Hartford, CT)
May, 1 2008 08:00 PM - Fitchburg State College (Fitchburg, MA)
May, 2 2008 08:00 PM - Cornell University (Ithaca, NY)
May, 3 2008 08:00 PM - Manhattan College (Riverdale, NY)
Damn, that's some serious grinding! Props to Think Tank's Scully for the additional info.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
previous: The Dino 5 "What About 10"
Via Nah Right.
"Conquer Mentally" is the truth. LP review coming soon.
Shouts to Francesca!
Her Yo! MTV Raps tribute is classic.
Bonus Beats: Amanda Diva "Windows Over Harlem" (which was previously heard on rock the dub radio)
Via Nah Right.
So HipHopDX has reported that it looks like Lil' Wayne's Tha Carter III, which was slated to drop in May, is now set to be released in June? What's really good with that? I assumed, based on the hits my site got from posting the video for "Lollipop", that Weezy had the public ablaze... why keep pushing the shit back? I swear this album is going to be underwhelming. Dude will have some heat on there, but I don't think this will be Weezy's Reasonable Doubt, or even his Doggfather. Something just tells me that Wayne is incapable of making a classic album, something to truly put his name up there with the all-time greats. Prove me wrong, Weezy.
"And You Say" is that shit. Via Von Pea's blog, which you should keep bookmarked for more info on TM, including massive tour recaps and shit.
I already have my DVR set.
P.S.: Wordsmith has an epic cut on the forthcoming rock the dub compilation as well. I told you it's gonna be a problem!
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Amoeba will be sorting more video, from what I'm told.
Bonus Beats: Mickey Factz ft. Curtis Santiago "Automatic"
related: [video] Muja Messiah ft. Manifest "Paper Planes"
"Smokescreen EP" [SMOG001]
A) 12th Planet "Smokescreen"
AA) DJ Evol "Sickness"
DJ Knifedreams has also concocted a rough set entitled Smog Check (Vol. 1), check it out:
01 - KID LOGIC - CALISTEP
02 - MATTY G - WEST COAST ROCKS
03 - EMU & PWN - AIR RAID
04 - BABYLON SYSTEM - LOADED
05 - DLX - 8BIT BY A VAMPIRE
06 - CYRUS - PRESS BUTTON
07 - HOODZ - LONG ROAD
08 - MATTY G - 808 BASS
09 - DLX - WAN DEAD
10 - INFILTRATA - UNTITLED
11 - SUBCODE - DYNAMITE
12 - DJUNYA - ITES
13 - MATTY G - ONE STEP
14 - HOODZ - GIMME THE MONEY
15 - ROOMMATE - GIMME GANJA
16 - JUJU - PUNKS REMIX
17 - INFILTRATA - PSYCHOKINETIC
18 - DJUNYA - SUBSOL
19 - CYRUS - REDRUM
Ouch. Also be on the look out for the Emu & Pawn produced EP for Smog Digital, featuring "Bumbaclot Star" and "Periscope Dub". Too cold.
01. It Begins
02. Anti Hero
03. No Joes Alive
04. Commercial 1
06. Faster Lane
07. Bullet Proof Bros.
08. Self Centered (Interlude)
09. Will Line
10. Commercial 2
11. Wild Lavendar
12. He Came From
13. Bent Halo
14. Super Fiends
15. Reign Blood
16. Rap Bitches
17. Beef Wrap
18. Lousy Bum (Interlude)
19. Commercial 3
20. Green Llama Backs
21. Voices pt. 1.5
22. The End
Do not even attempt to doze on this one. Word from Molemen HQ is that this is the prelude to Decay's forthcoming album, The Unlikely Hero, which drops on Molemen Records this July.
Pure ignorance. NOTE: Some semi-NSFW skrippin' at the end of this video.
Bonus Beats: Sean Garrett ft. Ludacris "Grippin' On My Bed"
Official website. In theaters in NY and LA on May 2nd; wide release on May 9th.
1. TOUCH THIS Ft. KEMST
2. HEAT OF THE GROOVE Ft. MENTAL SHARP & POUYA
3. ROCKSTEADY (LA RIOTS REMIX)
4. YOUR FUTURE (WAKE UP) Ft. POUYA*
5. DESTINY CALLS Ft. RANDOM MOVEMENT*
NOTE: The * cuts will be available exclusively at the Westbay iThink Store. More info over at the dubplate digest.
previous: Warning Shot Wednesday: "We Carry On"
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
On That Leak: Panama "Mr. International"
[rock the dub Interview]: Panama
This short DJ set from Madlib includes bits of new material including Beat Konducta #5 and his unreleased Madvillain remixes, spinning live at Hella International, Stones Throw's yearly event at Miami's Winter Music Conference. Special thanks to host Aloe Blacc and to Hella International's presenter VTech Phones for allowing us to make this a free event.
MP3 / RSS / iTunes
Damn. Jim Beam skraight from the bottle? I love it!
Talk about remedial...
Speaking of watching, peep the "Fresh" video:
1. Migrate feat. T-Pain
2. Touch My Body
3. Cruise Control feat. Damian Marley
4. I Stay In Love
5. Side Effects feat. Young Jeezy
6. I'm That Chick
7. Love Story
8. I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time
9. Last Kiss
10. Thanx 4 Nothin'
12. For The Record
13. Bye Bye
13. I Wish You Well
Interested to hear this: I really liked her last album (props to Boo for putting me onto it!), and I will more than likely be reviewing it at some point, so hold tight!
Crazy to see him with the lil natural and grown man voice. He got in right when puberty was about to strike! I wonder how he gets worked in...
DOWNLOAD / SUBSCRIBE
RC Theme – Burt Fox
Chill Out – Tenor Saw and Top Cat
Last War – Zap Pow
War Remix – Matty G
Shove It (Switch Remix) - Santogold
I’m On The Rock – Mavado
I’m On The Rock – Jay Z Version
It’s Yours – Loefah
Spliff Dub (Rustie Remix) - Zomby
Underground Dub – Upsetters
Expreso De Media Noche – Giorgio Moroder
Phantom of the Synths – J Dilla
Man Machine – Kraftwerk
Ageispolis – Aphex Twin
Deepchord presents Echospace – Empyrean
Thomas Fehlmann – Atlas 2
Etched Headplate – Burial
Seven Dubs Four – Downpressor
You gonna deny that?!
P.S.: Oh, and Burt Fox has contributed a fuckin' BANGER for the forthcoming rock the dub compilation. You've been warned!
Hopefully video of this will be made available to the masses. If so, I'll sort what I can!
previous: [video] Talib Kweli at Amoeba
Props to Bernard & Josh for the heads up!
01. Lil' Flip - Game Over
02. Lil Jon Feat. Ludacris, Too Short, Big Kap & Chyna Whyte - Bia Bia
03. Lil Wayne - Go DJ
04. Cam'ron Feat. Juelz Santana - Oh Boy
05. Kardinal Offishall - BaKardi Slang
06. Rich Boy Feat. Polow Da Don - Throw some D's
07. Ghostface Killah Feat. Redman & Ludacris - Future Thugs
Nice throwback jawns thrown in there. "BIA BIAAAAAAAA!"
Monday, April 07, 2008
related: On That Leak: "Black Culture"
Shouts to Matt for this one!
Bonus Beats: Foul Mouth Jerk ft. MURS & G. Cutty "The Hard Part (Remix)"
related: Foul Mouth Jerk ft. Masta Ace "Small Town USA"
Bonus Beats: Cherish ft. Jermaine Dupri & Kid Slim "Killa (Remix)"
related: Fuck Chuck Philips
Via Nah Right.
Enitity Starr on the beats.
"MySpace and your naked a**"
Jeezy's rhymes are so cookie-cutter lo.
DX: You working on the next album after Finding Forever?
C: Yeah, the new album is called Invincible Summer. It will be out in the later part of June. The music sounds new. It’s really developing. I’m really happy about it. It feels good. It’s not really heavy. The Neptunes are producing a lot of it. Also a producer named Mr. DJ [is on the project]. He did a lot of work with OutKast. He did “Bombs Over Baghdad” and “Ms. Jackson.” These cats are really giving me some new, fresh sounds. I’m taking it somewhere vocally that I haven’t been before. I’m enthused. I’m really excited. I think it’ll be a great summer album. I wanna make people smile and enjoy life. As much as I wanna make them think, it’s important that they smile, too.
DX: So, there will be a couple of club tracks in there?
C: When I went on the Kanye West Glow in the Dark Tour in Europe, I was overseas and just saw people partying overseas. Seeing the music that they were partying to was just a good feeling. I was like, “Wait, none of my songs are being played over here!” What am I missing in my music repertoire? You never stray away from [positive] music. You always need music that’s uplifting and conscious, but you also sometimes wanna relax and party. At a party, you might not wanna hear those things at that time.
DX: Common, why didn’t you mention Kanye’s name as a producer for this new CD?
C: With Kanye, point blank, I’m on G.O.O.D. Music. We’re always going to collaborate. If he’s not producing it, he’s gonna executive produce it and say, “Yo, Rash, we need to do these things with it.” He’ll always be a part of it, but right now he’s focusing on getting his tour together, this Glow in the Dark Tour. I always go with the flow of things. This is what I’m doing for this album. On the next album, Kanye and I will be working on it with some other new artists. But I think this will give it something fresh and it’ll give it more spice when Kanye and I get back together. Who knows? He may do something for this album, too, because I’m not finished.
How you feelin' about this? I'm kind of not sure if I'm ready for an album full of Common/Pharrell tracks, nor was I a huge fan of "Bombs Over Baghdad", but I'm interested to hear a good Hip-Hop album "for the summer!"