Via Nah Right.
Archive for 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008
Daft Punk vs. Jay-Z "Something About Us (Burt Fox Blend)" / "Something About Us 2 (Burt Fox Blend 2)": Heard on RiotControl 12, the homey Burt Fox has unleashed this DJ tool on the masses, blending Jigga's Who U Wit with some laid-back Daft Punk flavors. Smooth, mellow summer funk. The 2nd version includes that slick and sexy electro-fused singing in the middle. So choice for you selectors out there.
I hit you guys with Disc 1 two weeks ago, and have gotten a lot of positive feedback from heads who are in tune to the sound. I look at this compilation as kind of two sides of the same coin. Where Disc 1 was a bit more harder, mixtape-feel to it, Disc 2 has a lot of the same themes underlying: social issues, love, and a host of introspective moods, wrapped around slick production and capped off with some dope instrumentals. Ah, just read on...
01. Freddie Joachim ft. Lauren Santiago & Jacewon "Hear It From You": Yes, I know, this isn't technically Hip-Hop, but ease off. This is my Hip-Hop Soul joint for the summer. Joachim has beats, Lauren has a sultry voice and Jacewon ties the whole story of yearning with a sick verse... and an extra endpiece. Reminds me of that Pete Rock shit, with a hint of that Neo Soul in it. This is on Joachim's In With Time, which is available... in Japan.
02. Big Quarters ft. Alicia Steele "August": This is from Big Quarters' Lake City Browns album. I dropped the video from this a few months back, and it still has that perfect chilled Sunday afternoon vibe. It's also the perfect compliment to "Hear It From You". Minneapolis, what?!?!?
03. Black ELement "Human": Black EL is on a roll right now, and if you've been hip to the internets, you should have seen this one around. I heard this a bit ago, and had to have it for this project. I love the switch-up in the beat when the chorus comes in, and he throws some witty lines and sows some deeper seeds (check that 2nd verse). A Major Minority is coming...
04. Amanda Diva "Supa-Woman": I was so mad - I couldn't lock down any other tracks from strong female MC's. I got my hands on this one early, and loved that bassline. Amanda has always been an artist I have loved, ever since I saw her spoken word, through her MTV2 stint. She is a chick that many heads would love to wife up - just the total package. One would hope you guys are keepin' into her DivaSpeakTV webisodes, as well as her blog over at Okayplayer. Props to Saptosa for the hook-up.
05. Fanu "So Sleeps The City": One thing I did get, however, were some dope instrumental jams. This is the first of the trifecta. Fanu is one of the artists on this comp who is not necessarily known for his Hip-Hop production - he is more of a Drum & Bass/Jungle/Downtempo soundboy. I sent out a load of e-mails on a whim, and was granted permission to use this track. Has that nice feel of a city like New York, like 1:30AM on a Friday, where the rest of the world is dead but this town is alive and kicking, and you're driving in a taxi, taking it all in. Heavy track.
06. Elucid "Step Careful": I leaked this cut earlier this month (again, I had this track pegged for a minute), and to be honest, I wish I had more from dude. Elucid is an emcee that went from a cat I'd converse with briefly to someone who I've been trying to get shit done with for a minute now. We'll see how that goes... regardless, this Waxwerks11701-produced, harpsichord-driven revival music anthem is from E's forthcoming Save Yourself album. Be on the lookout for that.
07. Muja Messiah "True Lies": Muja has been making crazy noise on this site for the better part of 2008, and for good reason - so much so, that this is the 2nd track of his on this comp! This is one of those wild, conspiracy theory heavy tracks that plays a great bookend to the previous track, spit over a mid-tempo banger. His album (Thee Adventures of A B-Boy D-Boy) is dropping on Black Corners on July 29th as well!
08. Wu-Tang Clan "C.R.E.A.M. (Zyon Base Mix)": Zyon Base is a producer who I only knew about from his Drum & Bass productions, so imagine my surprise when he hits me one Saturday with this ill remix of a classic Wu-Tang favorite. It's actually got a sound of something that could have been a B-side to the "C.R.E.A.M." single, which is always dope. I guess I have that old-Soul sound in me. Props to Hobzee for letting me know ZB did Hip-Hop.
09. Wordsmith "The Soulless Saint": Wordsmith is another artist who has gotten 'nuff play on this blog. The one thing I didn't know about dude was that he could weave stories like this, but "The Soulless Saint" is one to grow on. As a leader and a guy striving to make moves, you have to respect dude's hustle. Check out The Mid-Year Review mixtape Words did with Denox & HipHopDX recently.
10. Cave Precise "GOD": This was an early addition to this project, as well. Cave is a talented producer of both straight-up Hip-Hop and some more twisted, genre-bending flavors. This has that pimped-out flex to it, but the organs and the overall feel had me open from jump. The beat CD this came on has some fire on it - MCs looking for beats, take note.
11. Praverb "Urban Legends": Teddy Roxpin went in on this beat. If I was an emcee, I'd want an album of tracks like this. Praverb is such a dope MC, though, it's good to hear him rip this one up. His first verse has been a quottable for me, just for the things he touches on (MF Doom, Cloverfield, etc.), but then tries to get you cats to think about things (like what "Crank Dat" is promoting). Talk about edutainment! I also recently reviewed his Center Of Attention album, which you heads need to check out.
12. Radius "South Shore (Baahumgbug!)": Fire production from Chicago. Instrumental Hip-Hop albums were my lifeblood back in '95, '96, so it's good to hear cats in the '08 still keeping fresh ideas up. If you need a good album to road trip to, or some different flavors for your iPods in general, Neighborhood Suicide is the way to go. I might have a special version of this coming...
13. Burt Fox & El Juba "The Jungle": This might be one of my favorite cuts on this entire compilation. That nasty Electro drive is slowed down, with Juba going buck on some revolutionary but gangsta steeze. Really big track, something you put on in the whip late at night and coast to, doing whatever you do, middle finger to the law. Props to Burt and the entire RiotControl fam. Hopefully he finishes more of his tracks!
14. Joulz Il "Imagine That": Joulz is an MC out of Dallas that I've been trying to put you guys onto for the longest. He is looking for a deal, and deserves one. Not too many cats from out that way are known for being lyrical, and dude actually sounds like a dude from out East, but regardless, he is a gifted MC (with a gifted producer, Entity Starr) who is making captivating music. Real uplifting, symphonic-feel to this joint, and his lyrics are so dense, and actually go from point A to B by song's end. This should be the anthem to all artists who are looking to get the big nickel...
15. Monsta X "Mind Of A Monsta": How about this is produced by MF Grimm? Some more Monster Island Czars shit, with X just going for broke over this eerie, bass-heavy beat. Just some straight, "what's going on in my mind" shit, with some boomin' beats that you might not regularly rock to. Jun hit me with this - good looks fam!
16. Wafeek ft. Azeem "I'mma Learn You": Wafeek's an MC that Trackstar put me onto, and for good reason. I wanted to put out a gang of freestyles over these beat tapes I compiled, and Wafeek hit me with this, over the Dome Cracker Remix of Das EFX's "Microphone Master", and another over a Gravediggaz jam. He flows so effortlessly on this one, and touches on a bunch of topics. Definitely expect to be hearing more from this talented cat.
17. Dyane P & Lex "Confused": I went to high school with Lex, and recently touched base with him via internets, and was surprised by the wealth of cuts he sent me. He actually said going over these has him picking up the pen again, which I feel like is my doing, so hopefully he has more work to put out. I remember him putting me onto the Freestyle Fellowship cats, and bugging over The Slim Shady LP, and hearing his packed lines always kills me. That real Cali open mic flow, which I can always appreciate. And that Ill Oytreb beat ain't nothing to sneeze at, either!
18. Big Jus "Resilient": Another Wally Clark-produced joint - actually, the first Wally Clark track I heard, and it still has me open. That ill super-hero vibe in the string sample, with some understated boom-bap on it. Big Jus goes hard on the beat, doing it justice. I'd like to hear some other cats get a crack at this beat.
19. Altered St8s "Last Call": This is some real-life talk for you guys who work during the week and need to hit the bar for a cold on. Really encapsulates what some cats go through, just some real life shit. Shouts to Lyfestile for this one, he's a monster on this. And this was also the joint that I always wanted to end on, not just for the title but the whole vibe, from the melancholy piano to that Common scratch in the hook. Fitting end to this disc, and the project as a whole.
Again, I have everything uploaded to Mediafire, as well as in a nice, easy .rar file. I appreciate everyone who submitted a track, conversed with me about this project (aka listen to me gripe), anyone who shot a suggestion, Tech Supreme for the dope covers, my close friends and family for the encouragement, all of the artists out there making it happen - anyone on these two discs is a problem! Your work/encouragement/inspiration/words mean so much to me, and are what keeps blogs like this going.
This is for Hip-Hop.
This is not the final piece to this puzzle... nor is this the last Lighthouse Project. Stay tuned!
Rest in peace, George Carlin.
Let me first start this by saying that, not only is Carlin one of my favorite White comedians of all time, he is in my top 5 (being beat out by Pryor, Chris Rock, and a few others). He combines a few of my favorite qualities about comedians: he's smart, and he doesn't pull punches. And even though he definitely called into question a host of things about our society, he did it from an intellectual angle that is very appreciated... to the point where HBO gave him 14 fucking specials, the last one releases earlier this year (where, admittedly, he did look a lil' worse for wear). I remember him speaking on death and mortality in one of the interviews leading up to that special, so I am not surprised he has recently passed (given his health and bouts with substance abuse), but fuck all of that.
The man was a genius, and had been counter-culture before many of you scared rabble-rousers even picked up a pen. Check out a few of these clips:
You will be missed. I think I'm gonna do a lil' tribute to him. Soon come...
EDIT Wifey just passed me the CNN obit.
KONCEPT, JLOG1C & Soul Khan "Make Way" (prod. by Mr. Porter): Three Brown Bag All-Stars representers drop some fresh Hip-Hop over this Mr. Porter-laced beast. They take a lot of you herbs to task, so definitely pay close attention.
Big up to KONCEPT for lacing me with this!
Watch as Jelani and father Dapper Dan have a dialogue. Dapper Dan is a legendary stylist to hip-hop legends. The two talk about the early years, sharing anecdotes and recollections of a time when style was key, and art was pure. Dap talks about the pitfalls, and Jelani shares how he got to this point, with his debut album, "Wait, You Can Rap?!?!" about to be released.
Master 3 "What Is Your Name" (prod. by Ed-Nezz): Straight out of Illinois, Master 3 and Ed-Nezz drop a heavy track, lyrically and sonically. A lil' deeper on this one, you slow niggas might need to turn this one up and keep it on repeat. First official single off of Master 3's Women & Music.
Like we always do about this time...
It's officially summer tomorrow; school's pretty much out for everyone. What do you need to get you through that road trip, or that backyard BBQ? Dope tunes... we got you covered.
leaks o' da week!
- Lil' Wayne ft. Jay-Z "Mr. Carter (Alternate version)" [Bonus Beats: Lil' Wayne "Real Rap" & Lil' Wayne "A Millie (Remix)"]
- LL Cool J "Rocking With The G.O.A.T."
- Masta Ace "Slaughtahouse (Eminem Remix)"
- Nas ft. DJ Khaled "I'm On" [Bonus Beats: Nas ft. Stic.Man "Association" & David Banner ft. Nas "Middle Finger"]
- Busta Rhymes "You Don't Want None" (prod. by Focus)
- G-Unit "Kitty Kat" (prod. by Polow Da Don)
- Young Buck "My Whole Life" [Bonus Beats: Young Buck "The Taped Conversation"]
- The Game "Taped Convo" (G-Unit Diss)
- Missy Elliot "Best Best" (prod. by Danja)
- DJ Khaled ft. Rick Ross, Akon, Trick Daddy, Plies, Lil' Boosie, Ace Hood & Young Jeezy "Out Here Grindin'"
- The Clipse "Fast Life" (prod. by Scott Storch)
- Boyz N Da Hood ft. Lil' Wayne "Mask On"
- Mannie Fresh ft. Lil' Wayne & The Show "Imma Get Mine"
- Playaz Circle "Young Kobe"
- Tha Dogg Pound "Get My Drink On"
- Bobby Digital ft. David Banner "Straight Off The Block"
- Danity Kane ft. Fabolous "Damaged (Remix)"
- Erykah Badu ft. Pharoah Monche "The Healer (It's Bigger Than Hip Hop Remix)"
- John Legend ft. Andre 3000 "Green Light"
- Marsha Ambrosius "Co-Star" (prod. by Focus)
- Mariah Carey ft. T.I. "I'll Be Loving You Longtime (Remix)"
- Mario "Step Up" (prod. by Scott Storch)
- Musiq Soulchild "Radio"
- Cody ChuestnuTT "AfrObama"
- Von Pea, Elucid, Che Grand & Spec Boogie "Lessondary Nose" [Bonus Beats: Spec Boogie ft. Von Pea, Elucid & Cyren Young "Calling Me"]
- Sean Price "P's Up Freestyle"
- Amanda Diva "Heart Of The City"
- Praverb "The King" (prod. by The Admiral)
- Vast Aire "The Man With Out Fear"
- Big Shug "Like A Mufucka" (prod. by DJ Premier)
- Skyzoo & Emilio Rojas "Start It All Over" (prod. by Black Milk)
- Trick Trick ft. Ice Cube "Let It Fly"
- Tech N9ne ft. Ice Cube, Brother J & Krizz Kalico "Blackboy" [Bonus Beats: Tech N9ne ft. Scarface "Pillow Talkin'"]
- Shawty Putt ft. Lil' Jon & Too $hort "Dat Baby (Remix)"
- Meek Mill ft. Gillie Da Kid & Cassidy "In My Bag (Remix)"
- Danny! ft. Maria "At What Price"
- Cory Gunz ft. Ryan Leslie "Get Right Tonight"
- Crooked I "Letter To 2Pac"
- Hell Rell "Get Ready"
- GLC "Ridin' By Yourself"
- Obie Trice "Hold Up"
- Wale "Hey... Mr. Carter"
- Esso "Get Ya Beat Killed"
- Royce Da 5'9 "I'm Me Freestyle"
- Rukus "Let The Beat Build Freestyle"
- Dolla "Homecoming Freestyle"
- Nipsy Hussle ft. The Game "Bullets (Remix)"
- Sugar Tongue Slim "Street Science"
- Roche ft. Pugslee Atomz & Wes Restless "Only When I Dream"
- Punchline ft. Torae & Slick "Hip Hop"
- AC "On My Way"
- Juice "My Time"
- The United Centa "Under The Act"
- Sumkid "Chuck Norris On Drugs"
- Negativland "Richard Nixon Died Today"
- Common "Go (K-Salaam & Beatnick Remix)"
- Sean Paul, Elephant Man & Mavado "Infrared (BGDB Soundclash Megamix)"
GET'CHA LATE PASS 'ERE!
- rock the dub radio: episode 022
- On That Leak: T.H.U.G. Anglez
- RiotControl 12
- DJ Cable's Weekly Mix #21
- J. Slikk SLIKKstrumental Beat Tape (Summer '08 Edition)
- TRiLLBASS - Gold Fronts
- Kam Moye Self-Centered EP
- Cy Yung "Dreamcatcher Revisited" CDS
- A-Trak Running Man Sampler
- Boogie Bang 14
Tomorrow's the first day of summer, so you know I gotta...
Mungo Jerry "Summertime"
What were you expecting? Enjoy this beatufiul weekend! The Lighthouse Project, Disc 2 drops on Monday...
Trackstar linked up with Kidz In The Hall's Naledge for this latest edition of his Boogie Bang series. Some serious fire on the tracklist here... but don't take MY word for it:
DOWNLOAD: megaupload / sendspace
1. Naledge-Intro (prod. Tech Productions)
2. Gemstones-Good Morning
3. Jadakiss/DJ Premier-From Now Til Then
4. Elzhi/Royce 5'9-Motown 25
5. Kidz in the Hall/Cool Kids/Pusha T/Bun B-Drivin Down the Block (remix)
6. Roots/Chrisette Michelle/Wale-Rising Up
7. Willie the Kid-Splendid
8. Pharoahe Monch-Broken Heart
9. Black Spade-Ship Has Sailed (prod. Stoney Rock)
10.Ice Cube-It Takes a Nation
11.Saigon/Nino Bless/Scram Jones/Crooked I-Third Degree
13.Kidz in the Hall/Phonte-Paper Trail
14.Royce 5'9-Done Talkin
16.TI-No Matter What
17.Killer Mike/Shawty Lo-2 Sides
18.Lupe Fiasco-Swang On Em
19.Bun B-Get Cha Issue
20.Kidz in the Hall/Talib Kweli/Nato Caliph/Bun B-Work to Do Remix
21.Joell Ortiz-50 Shots (Stream of Consciousness)
23.Rockwell Knuckles-Under Control Belief (prod. Stoney Rock)
24.Kidz in the Hall-Inner Me
25.Vandalyzm-Untitled (prod. Vandalyzm)
26.Naledge-Outro (prod. Tech Productions)
Some serious cuts in here. But you already know that, right?
I dropped Tech Supreme's "Lollipop" remix a minute ago, and he's just dropped this 6-track EP of remixes he's done, featuring that very mix alongside new interpretations on 50 Cent's "I Got Money", as well as tracks from Sarah Stokes, Kenna and Robin Thicke.
1. Lil Wayne-Lollipop Remix
2. Robin Thicke-Lost In Love Remix
3. 50 Cent-I Get Money Remix
4. Hakeem the Dream-Thick Wit It Remix
5. Sarah Stokes-You Remix
6. Kenna-Say Goodbye To Love Remix
He's also leaking a couple of other projects on his blog, so keep it locked to Hip-Hop Rockstar.
If you're a fan of this blog, you've probably seen posts I've dedicated to Trackstar the DJ, and if you peeped Disc 1 of The Lighthouse Project, you heard Tech Supreme and Tef Poe. One thing the three of these artists share in common is that they represent St. Louis. In the forthcoming Lighthouse Project compilations I am working on (including one dedicated to my home state, New Jersey), I am looking for some ill Hip-Hop from MCs in St. Louis, or in the surrounding area. I'm not sure how the project is going to come about in the end, but I can only imagine it coming out hot, based on the work these 3 have put in.
Submit any tracks to firstname.lastname@example.org or hit me on AIM at DOA khal, and let's build!
Sean Paul, Elephant Man & Mavado "Infrared (BGDB Soundclash Megamix)": Here's a mega mix I did for Enigmatik's Boo Goo Doo Boom, based on his earlier post about Mavado's "Japanese" cut over the Infrared riddim. He threw a .rar with a few versions on it, we discussed the best ones, and another Mega Mix is complete.
I'm gonna try and do more of these for his blog, so hold tight. And if you dig the Dance Hall riddims, keep it locked to BGDB - E is always dropping fresh tracks and videos. Holla!
NSFW, featuring Murphy Lee:
Common "Go (K-Salaam & Beatnick Remix)": This is part 1 of K-Salaam & Beatnick's Common remixes project, S.T.O.R.Y. (Stories Told Over Remixed Years), which will be made available as a free download... soon? Word is they will be dropping one of these every week or so, so keep it locked for fresh takes on classic Common.
Roche ft. Pugslee Atomz & Wes Restless "Only When I Dream": Bit of a different vibe on this one; I love the piano work on this one. Sounds so simple but it's damn hypnotic. This is from the forthcoming Solos Records compilation, Solos In Stereo II, which drops in July. Definitely be on the lookout for it.
Spec Boogie ft. Von Pea, Elucid & Cyren Young "Calling Me": We aren't normally blessed with TWO Warning Shots, but it looks like we got a pair of fly ass posse cuts today. "Calling Me" is an epic that needs to be heard... deeper concepts in this one, and almost 6 and a half minutes of what the fuck you need to be hearing. Loosie, bitch!
related: Warning Shot Wednesday: "Lessondary Nose"
Dope new video I just got passed exclusively from the one like Koncept, who hit me with this message to all of the people:
Check out the video for “Soul Banger”, the debut, self-produced single from the Brooklyn born & Harlem bred Producer/M.C. extraordinaire, Jah-C (of The Project). This is the lead single from The Soul Banger EP, which is to be released towards the end of this summer on Coalmine Records.
Interesting track here. Sounds like my get-live anthem for the summer! Shouts to Koncept and all Coalmine crew.
Set to drop on June 24th, Three 6 Mafia's latest has been super delayed, but judging by their current single ("Lolli Lolli"), they are looking to get back on the radio and in the clubs. Check out the tracklist:
2. I Told 'Em
3. Trap Boom (featuring Project Pat)
5. I Got (featuring Pimp C)
6. I'd Rather (featuring Unk)
7. That's Right (featuring Akon)
8. Corner Man
9. Weed, Blow, Pills
10. DSX Talk
11. Hood Star (featuring Lyfe Jennings)
12. Get Ya Rob (featuring Project Pat)
13. On Some Chrome (featuring UGK)
14. Rollin' (featuring Lil Wyte)
15. Click Bang
16. My Own Way (featuring Good Charlotte)
17. Dirty B**ch
18. First 48 (featuring Project Pat, Spanish Fly, Al Kapone, 8Ball & MJG)
20. Lolli Lolli (Pop That Body) Intro [Bonus Track]
21. Lolli Lolli (Pop That Body) (featuring Project Pat, Yung D, & Superpower) [Bonus Track]
22. My Own Way [Remix] [Bonus Track]
Kind of odd that their bonus track is their single, but who knows.
If you are like me, you have been glued to MTV's Run's House, and have seen JoJo and his crew, Team Blackout, getting their music made, and getting signed to Latchkey. I didn't know Run was going to be executive producing it, but regardless, their debut album, Lights Out, drops on August 19th. Production credits fall to Rockwilder, Ron Browz and newcomers Chris N Teeb. Here's the tracklist:
1.) Whip So Clean
2.) Billion Dollar Boyfriend
3.) Its Yours
4.) Lights Down Low
5.) Gotta Have Her
6.) Paper Chase
7.) It’s Automatic
8.) Why Wouldn’t I
9.) Anywhere You Wanna Go
10.) About U
12.) J5 On ‘Em f/DJ Webstar & Boogie Black (Bonus track produced by Ron Browz)
Shouts to Matt for the heads up.
A-Trak has put together a 45 minute album for Nike+ Original Run entitled Running Man, which is made to be listened to whilst running or doing some kind of active shit to your body. I just got passed a snippet of this album, and it's the shit. Definitely check it out, and be on the lookout for this release on June 24th via iTunes.
Von Pea, Elucid, Che Grand & Spec Boogie "Lessondary Nose": This week's Warning Shot features Elucid alongside his Lessondary fam, flipping some intricate flows over N.E.R.D.'s "Everyone Nose", well, "Everyone Nose" x some dope piano/percussion additions. No hook is necessary, this is Lessondary.
Shake dropped this early morn status, and included loads of show/tour info - you NYC heads need to hit up the Knitting Factory on June 23rd. Don't sleep!
I recall telling you guys a few things... one was that the BPA crew is the future, another was that Cy Yung & J. Slikk were working on a project entitled Soul Train Dancer: A Tribute to Rosie Perez. Well, both comments are combined into this post, as I bring you the official first single from that project, "Dreamcatcher Revisited". Fans of classic Hip-Hop will not be disappointed, and for those of you who wanna play sample spotter, yes Slikk definitely flipped that Christopher Williams in the chorus, and it fits so perfectly at that slowed down tempo. If that isn't "new jack" enough for you, Slikk then created a whole New Jack Swing Remix of "Dreamcatcher Revisited", making a nigga feel like he was watching Strictly Business or some shit. They've also included a special B-side on this single.
Cy Yung "Dreamcather Revisited" (prod. by J. Slikk)
And it's all free. Seriously. Download this, then go put on the following movies: Do The Right Thing, White Men Can't Jump and New Jack City. Then try to convince me that Black cinema is so much better today than it was then. Classic movies, classic concepts and today, classic Hip-Hop inspired by all of that. BPA, niggas. I'm trying to tell y'all!
I dedicate this one... to Tina!
Reform School Music and Rappersiknow present the brand new Self-Centered EP from Kam Moye (also known as Supastition). Self-Centered is a side project from Kam Moye featuring production from M-Phazes, D.R., Eric G, Veterano, and Croup and a guest appearance from NC's own Kaze.
01. Where & Why (Produced by D.R.)
02. Welcome to My Life (Produced by Croup)
03. Change of Heart (Produced by M-Phazes)
04. Reach One (feat. Kaze) (Produced by Eric G)
05. Around the World (feat. DJ Wreckineyez) (Produced by Veterano)
06. Black Enough? (Produced by Eric G)
07. Give It Up (Produced by D.R.)
08. Self-Centered (Produced by D.R.)
Trill Bass - Get Some
Trill Bass - Lotus
Claw - ANti Social
Trill Bass - Save me From Myself
Trill Bass - Creepin
Trill Bass - Dizzee Remix
Trill Bass & Bro Safari - Fist Pump (ft. MC Kemst)
Trill Bass - The Trillest
Claw - Fuck up
Solace - Stackin (Trill Bass VIP)
Claw & Roomate - The Process
Trill Bass - Tony Danza
Trill Bass - Boo & Yarr
Claw - Death Wish
Trill Bass - Fucking Heater
Claw - Jersey Shore Guidos (Trill Bass VIP)
Trill Bass - Skywalker (Wet Coat edit)
Claw - Orion VIP
Swytch & 12th Planet - Tonka
Be on the lookout for the first release on Trillbass Records, as well.
Sugar Tongue Slim "Street Science": A new track from STS; concept music about drugs in our communities. Definitely check this out, and be on the look out for the Southern Reconstriction mixtape Legend is dropping, hosted by STS & Stat Quo, as well as the mixtape Slim did with Tapemasters Inc & The Empire.
Negativland "Richard Nixon Died Today": New music from Negativland's forthcoming song-based album, Thigmotactic, which is set to drop on July 15th. Check out the tracklisting:
01. Richard Nixon Died Today
02. Lying On The Grass
03. Extra Sharp Pencils
04. It's Not A Critique
05. Basketball Plant
06. Two Light Bulbs Flickering
07. By Truck
08. Jack Pastrami/Flower Bum
09. Influential You
10. Virginia's Trip
11. Steam On A Whim
12. Pork In The Store
13. Perfect Little Cookies
14. Kind of Grumpy
15. Your Skin Is Gelatin
16. Omnipotent Struggle
17. Rancho Pancho
This is the first song-based album of theirs in something like 28 years. Fanatic has more info on this album, so if this is your cup of tea, check it out.
Summer fire from my boy J. Slikk; this 24 minute beat tape has exactly what you need to get right for the summer. And for all of you aspiring MCs, these beats CAN be yours - just holler at J. Slikk's MySpace page for anything.
01. Ray J - One Wish
02. Aaliyah - Are You That Somebody
03. Destiny's Child - Say My Name
04. Usher - Confessions Pt. II
05. Mariah Carey - Shake It Off
06. Mary J. Blige - Be Without You
07. Pretty Ricky - Grind With Me
Pass this on to your favorite ladies.
With their new blog up, the fam over at RiotControl have the 12th edition lined up and ready to roll. Sonny & Lonny Noir host this time out, and cuts range from the Stereo MC's and Whodini to Jay-Z and B+:
RiotControl Theme - Burt Fox
Far Beyond - Sunburst Band
Without A Doubt - The Roots
For The Sake Of Love - Claudia Barry
Who You Wit - Jay-Z
Something About Us (Burt's Blend) - Daft Punk
Strawberry Letter 23 - Brothers Johnson
So Ruff So Tuff - Roger
Magic Wand - Whodini
Radio Activity Rapp - M.C. Frosty and Lovin' C
B-Boys Breakdance - High Fidelity Three
Kilometer - Sebastian Tellier
B-Beat Classic Instrumental - B+
Disco Connection - Lord Rhaburn Combo
MC2 - Willie Colon
Chicago Falcon (The Washington Sq. Lads Remix) - Budos Band
Pastime Paradise - Ray Barretto
La Jurumba - Bwana
Closet Freak - Cee Lo
Early One Morning - Stereo MCs
Beam Me Up - Tay Dizm f. T-Pain and Rick Ross
Sleep is the cousin of death. Sick Burt Fox tune coming on The Lighthouse Project, Disc 2. Fire, forreal.
Shabazz The Disciple + Hell Razah = T.H.U.G. Angelz, who are putting out their Welcome To Red Hook Houses on Babygrande sometime this year. To celebrate, Killer Beez' Alex hit cats with multiple files. Check 'em out:
- Shabazz The Disciple ft. dead prez "Scattered People": Shabazz, representing Brooklyn and one of the original members of Sunz Of Man, has two CDs out now (available here): The Becoming of The Disciple and The Vault (Hidden Safiyahz).
- Shabazz The Disciple ft. RZA & Beretta 9 "Wrath of the Lamb"
- Shabazz The Disciple "Thy Enemies" (over GZA's "Destruction of a Guard" beat)
- Hell Razah "Iron Gorillaz": Razah was also a member of Sunz Of Man, and also has two CDs you can cop over at chambermusikstore.com: Hell Hop Vol. 1 and Hell Hop Vol. 2.
- Hell Razah ft. Killa Priest "Under The Vatican"
- Hell Razah ft. Beretta 9 & Lord Superb "Grey Goose"
Big up to Alex for the tracks; straight jacked that pic from E.
Where my dogs at? Oh, he right here. Enigmatik and I have been trying to come up with a hook to revisit the Boom vs. dub soundclash from episode 010; he sent a dope mix to my inbox, and I had to come up with a dope answer. His LA loss predicition on his side (word to 'Pac) didn't come to fruition last night, but the mixes are dope anyways, with a boatload of new music to bug out to at home, at work or wherever you are when this is hitting you. Ch-check...
rock the dub radio: episode 022
(direct MP3 dload / shareonall mirror)
Side A: Boo Goo Doo Boom
2. Gang Starr f/Inspectah Deck - "Above The Clouds"
3. Nas - "N.I.G.G.E.R. (The Slave and The Master)"
4. Mavado f/Jay-Z - "I'm On The Rock"
5. Raekwon f/Ghostface Killah - "The Jihad (Necro)"
6. Wale f/Bun B, Pusha T, Tre - "Back In The Go Go"
7. BlackStar f/Common - "Respiraton"
8. Jean Grae - "Supa Luv"
9. Lidget Green Project f/Guilty Simpson - "Trusted (Lying Bitch)"
10. Lil' Wayne - "Let The Beat Build"
11. Blu - "Get It Now"
12. The Notorious B.I.G. - "Flava In Ya Ear (March 9 remix)"
13. Young Jeezy f/Kanye West - "Put On"
14. Z-Ro - "Help Me Please"
15. Outkast f/Lil' Wayne, Snoop Dogg - "Hollywood Divorce"
16. Jay Electronica - "Victory Is In My Clutches"
17. Big Boi f/Raekwon & Andre 3000 - "Royal Flush"
18. Busta Rhymes f/Lil Wayne, Nas, The Game, Big Daddy Kane, Spliff Starr and Reek Da Villain - "Don't Touch Me (Throw Water On 'Em remix)"
19. 2Pac - "To Live And Die In LA"
Side B: rock the dub
21. Jay-Z ft. Jaz-O & Sauce Money "Bring It On"
22. Wale "The Crazy (Nick Catchdubs Remix)"
23. Nas "It Ain't Hard To Tell (Zyon Base Mix)"
24. EPMD ft. KRS-One "Run It (Remix)"
25. Gawdbless ft. Sean Price "Change Of The Guard"
26. Bumpy Knuckles "My Thoughts"
27. Guilty Simpton "The Real Me"
28. Ghostface Killah & Prodigy "Trials Of Life"
29. Craig G & Marley Marl "Regrets"
30. Rapper Big Pooh "Money"
31. Rashid Hadee ft. Pugs Atomz "Oxygen"
32. Jelani "Wait, You Can Rap?!?! (Intro)"
33. Donwill & suhBURB "Dead Ass"
34. Jadakiss, Cassidy, Lil' Mama, Fabolous & Jay-Z "A Millie (rock the dub Mega Mix 2)"
35. Doo Wop "Go DJ 2008"
36. Chino XL "I'm Coming"
Subscribe to rock the dub radio: RSS \ iTunes. Props to BGDB for the help out.
Shouts to all my friends and peers who represent their responsibility: Rafi, Rizoh, DJ Vapour, Che Grand and the mothers who had to be fathers, as well as all of the other good, strong fathers around the world. One love.
Praverb "The King" (prod. by The Admiral): New Praverb track that just got passed to the good ol' inbox. Dude goes in over a fire of a beat, with the perfect classic sample, and cuts by Teddy Roxpin. Praverb is featured on Disc 2 of The Lighthouse Project, so get familiar.